Europa League 2019/20 (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Lukaku vs deLight was the only thing that kept them in the first game, but you're right, for the most part he's more of a league player than a cup/big game one.

- - - Updated - - -

Still, a lotta people thought it was a lolterribad transfer by inte* but it wasn't
He always scored lots of goals against rubbish teams what ever team he was at so there was no question he was going to score alot of goals for inter but he also was useless in majority of big games for inter this year which seen them go out of the CL etc. Just like had 2 goals against the top 6 out of 22 matches for Man united plus he's limited technique is the reason they wanted him gone despite how many goals he got. Him scoring the 4th or 5th goal in a shak rout is not a suprise, its what he does and the europa league is he's level.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
even if he is limited doesnt change him being world class.

he scored 33 goals. thats 3 less than ronaldo. thats not easy to do for any striker, et alone someone on first season in new team

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

he scored 33 goals. thats 3 less than ronaldo. thats not easy to do for any striker, et alone someone on first season in new team
The term 'world class' is thrown around so loosely these days, I don't even argue against someone who says 'Player X is world class' anymore.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
what is world class then?

just because a player doesn't fit your definition, that doesn't make him world class? pirlo and gattuso were two limited players in what they offered. doesnt stop them from being world class midfielders. limitation is not a sign of being poor. it's overcoming it and playing to your strength that proves your quality.

isn't being world class being better than your peers? is 33 goals not better than most other strikers?

also him being limited is really a big myth. he creates lots of his goals chances from being good with running with ball or shielding it in difficult situations rather than just waiting for a cross or tap in.

- - - Updated - - -

Well there it is Lukaku as good as Ronaldo confirmed.
where did i say that?

Last edited:

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
what is world class then?

just because a player doesn't fit your definition, that doesn't make him world class? pirlo and gattuso were two limited players in what they offered. doesnt stop them from being world class midfielders. limitation is not a sign of being poor. it's overcoming it and playing to your strength that proves your quality.

isn't being world class being better than your peers? is 33 goals not better than most other strikers?

also him being limited is really a big myth. he creates lots of his goals chances from being good with running with ball or shielding it in difficult situations rather than just wwiting for a cross or tap in.

- - - Updated - - -

where did i say that?
@Bianconero81

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

Lukaku will be world class when he repeats these performances in CL playoffs. Otherwise he's just a good player.

I think this is fair, Lion.

Falcao owned EL too, but no one will remember him as world class.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
nope. world class doesn't mean you are just good at key some matches in 4-8 matches. otherwise is morata at 2015 (5 goals and 2 assits) world class like messi? (6 goals and 1 assisst) . maybe word you are looking for is clutch or decisive.

world class can be different things but generally means you are consistent and better than others in your position. and 33 goals proves he is consistent goal scorer.

by the way the argument that he only scores against small teams doesnt mean anything. the league is made of mostly small teams, so yes scoring agasint them is important. otherwsie is juve's league win not valid becuase they have to win against small teams consistently?

Last edited:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
nope. world class doesn't mean you are just good at key some matches in 4-8 matches. otherwise is morata at 2015 (5 goals and 2 assits) world class like messi? (6 goals and 1 assisst) . maybe world you are looking for is clutch or decisive.

world class can be different things but generally means you are consistent and better than others in your position. and 33 goals proves he is consistent goal scorer
Morata isnt world class because he couldn't keep it up.
There's a word "world" in there, which means whoever is considered world class he should do his thing on a world stage against the world's best (CL) consistently, for like at least 3 seasons.

Lukaku could be world class but isn't yet IMO. Let's agree to disagree for now.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Morata isnt world class because he couldn't keep it up.
There's a word "world" in there, which means whoever is considered world class he should do his thing on a world stage against the world's best (CL) consistently, for like at least 3 seasons.

Lukaku could be world class but isn't yet IMO. Let's agree to disagree for now.

thats fair. i agree that cl, especially cl knockout rounds are important like you said.

would you agree then based on standards of the world's best (cl) consistency that lampard is the world class player vs nedved and del piero? lampard has 16 goals in knockout rounds of cl.
what about fernando torres? would you say he is the standard for world class since he has 10 goals in knockout rounds vs trezeguet 8 goals and del piero 11 goals.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
thats fair. i agree that cl, especially cl knockout rounds are important like you said.

would you agree then based on standards of the world's best (cl) consistency that lampard is the world class player vs nedved and del piero? lampard has 16 goals in knockout rounds of cl.
what about fernando torres? would you say he is the standard for world class since he has 10 goals in knockout rounds vs trezeguet 8 goals and del piero 11 goals.
Every single one of those players was world class, yes. Lukaku isn't yet. And it's not about statistics really.
Now that I think of it it's not even about CL (Ibra is world class), but about sustainability, and yes Falcao was world class I guess; so Lukaku just needs a couple more seasons like this and I will readily consider him world class.

Last edited:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
It's easy to remember GB golds because it's only one per Olympics.
It's ok. You always got cycling and rowing in the Summer edition. You could be like Egypt and win one medal every 3 Olympic Games :baus: :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Inter are so going to win this and it fucking sucks considering the performance we put in here with Conte.
Don't discount Sevilla. The EL is their bread and butter - they've won this thing like 5 times in the past 10 years.

I can see the game ending in a 1-1 or 2-2 draw, with Sevilla winning on pens.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Lukaku has certainly played a marvelous season this year. I do think he belongs in that category among the top CF's in Europe at the moment.

With all that being said, there is still no way I'd have swapped him for Dybala.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
you don't have to worry for long bro. corona will take care you

edit: i apologize for the terrible joke as i don't know if anyone you know has been impacted by it, and it was rude of me to say that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)