Euro2004: Germany - Netherlands (more than a game) (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I think the whole team was at fault. There was chaos in the box, nobody guarding either post, and VDS's dive was pretty tame

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
HOLLAND DISILLUSIONED

The Dutch people have returned to earth after a dismal draw of their Oranje against the Germans. Only seven percent of Dutchmen believe Holland can win Euro2004, compared to eleven percent prior to the match against Germany.

The lower confidence in Oranje became visible after research by Maurice de Hond, in request by Holland's largest TV Channel NOS. That same research shows that only 24% of the Dutch believes Dick Advocaat will manage in bringing his team to the semi finals. Prior to the match against the Germans, that was 43%

According to pan-media organisation SKO, about 7.5 million people (on a population of 16 million) watched the match of all matches on Tuesday night. The mark they gave their team was 5/10 on average.

From Voetbal International

Asma

Doctor Asma
Oct 21, 2003
Mark Overmars played really well+ Van der Vaart and Van Nistle Roy..Anyways,the whole team played well...Even Germany,strong defence and an excellent goalkeeper .... both teams deserve to be qualified... :)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Well they can only measure private TV sets. They can't see who invited his entire family and who went to a bar with 20 other people. Also, there were huge screens put up in the Arena, De Kuip and the Philips Stadium. There must have been 10 million people watching it I say.

Then of course many people are on holiday and so on and so forth.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Well they can only measure private TV sets. They can't see who invited his entire family and who went to a bar with 20 other people. Also, there were huge screens put up in the Arena, De Kuip and the Philips Stadium. There must have been 10 million people watching it I say.

Then of course many people are on holiday and so on and so forth.
Good point

Asma

Doctor Asma
Oct 21, 2003
nooo....well maybe in the beginning but then they started to play well espicially Overmars who entered the game in the 2nd half of the match! well,they tried hard,Erik.....they are not to be blamed...and where is kluivert ??why didnt the coach make him enter the match?? .....

OP
kurvengeflüster
Jan 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #173
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    Heitinga was good. Don't ask me about the Germans - Basti'll know better :)
    Of course my evaluation is propably subjective for known reasons but I'm very satisfied with Kuranyi! He ran and worked a lot and from time to time he managed to create trouble in the Dutch box :thumb: Also Ballack showed a decent performance...there was one scene he bound three Oranje players and passed to Lahm - unfortunately without profit. But all in all very good (with our means).

But now Letvia and Cezch - difficult games. If we play like yesterday then we can survive in group stage. But on the other hand I can't see that.

Forza Italia!

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by kurvengeflüster ] ++

Of course my evaluation is propably subjective for known reasons but I'm very satisfied with Kuranyi! He ran and worked a lot and from time to time he managed to create trouble in the Dutch box :thumb: Also Ballack showed a decent performance...there was one scene he bound three Oranje players and passed to Lahm - unfortunately without profit. But all in all very good (with our means).

But now Letvia and Cezch - difficult games. If we play like yesterday then we can survive in group stage. But on the other hand I can't see that.

Forza Italia!
    i liked the guy with the funny name. very hard working. but germany needs to play to strikers for his crosses to be effective.

hopefully we will see a more offensive germany against latvia.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)