Euro2004: Germany - Netherlands (more than a game) (1 Viewer)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by kurvengeflüster ] ++
tosh..even Oranje-player will stall a penalty if he has got chance to decide match. that's not a German problem :fero:
No we wouldn't. We never have. Name ONE such example. :fero:

Against it, the DFB never transgressed protection of animals. We never had a "llama" in our rows!!! :lazy:
Better to have Lama Rijkaard than Rhino Jancker or Raging Bull Effenberg.

So you guys still got that "we tackle to take lives" mentality going on or are your barbaric ways tempered somewhat? :lazy:

OP
kurvengeflüster
Jan 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #45
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    No we wouldn't. We never have. Name ONE such example. :fero:
    You wan't an example? Ok, here we go. Go to your favorite video dealer and buy a compilation of EC 1988. At semifinals, which Oranje won luckily ;) , Van Basten got a penalty. And now the question: for what?? I can't explain why he got that present. Either gravity switched off for a moment or a sudden feeling of faintness... :p

Better to have Lama Rijkaard than Rhino Jancker or Raging Bull Effenberg.

So you guys still got that "we tackle to take lives" mentality going on or are your barbaric ways tempered somewhat? :lazy:
    :dontcare: that sounds wether we would tackle all down...that is bullsh*t and you know that. and if those orange moppets find it too hard to play international tournaments then they could stay at home watching TV... at least they know how it feels to be absent ...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    :dontcare: that sounds wether we would tackle all down...that is bullsh*t and you know that. and if those orange moppets find it too hard to play international tournaments then they could stay at home watching TV... at least they know how it feels to be absent ...
    This is getting exciting :D Possibly more exciting than the match itself :cheesy:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    You wan't an example? Ok, here we go. Go to your favorite video dealer and buy a compilation of EC 1988. At semifinals, which Oranje won luckily ;) , Van Basten got a penalty. And now the question: for what?? I can't explain why he got that present. Either gravity switched off for a moment or a sudden feeling of faintness... :p
    Nice you should mention that - I believe Rudi Völler himself once stated Holland won that tournament by playing football German style. We never played like that again - we never won again either.

Hey, I was only referring to the fact that it takes a certain mentality to brutally stop opponents who are better at playing the game. Proof that you have that mentality is that you made it to finals so often.

I would assume its the same mentality that makes a nation start two world wars but that's only assuming :lazy:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    I apologise. I shouldn't have said that - I know whatever happened in the past bares no relation to the present. That absence comment just stung me. I'm sorry.

May be the best team win - I'm still hoping it will be us.

OP
    kurvengeflüster
    Jan 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #52
    Well, I want just to state something:

Twice, Germany brought death and destruction through out the world. Twice, millions of innocent people died without any sense. And twice the German nation had to take full responsibilty for those actions - justly. But how long people living in my country are blamed for it? 60 years after D-Day politicians - even German chancellor Gerhard Schröder - remembered together the libration of Europe. So why, can't we - as inhabitants of a secure continent - also behave in a respectful manner?

I'm not annoyed by your comment Erik. The fast apology showed that you are not made of those thoughts mentioned above. But I have to shake with my head when Van Nistelrooy told that history shouldn't be forget in a match against Germany. He's a shining example for thousands of young people loving soccer and therefor in charge of what he says. With those suggestions he can vandalize efforts made by politics.

Last note: Racism, hate, warmongering and despise for others is not a German problem. Yes, we still have idiots here who have the point of view: "Holocaust never happend". But those bastards also live in US, UK, South America, Norway, even the Netherlands - everywhere. Our part of everyday fight against them is to respect and tolerate those who abhore terrible history made by Nazis.

back to soccer: May the best team win. :)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Well, I want just to state something:

Twice, Germany brought death and destruction through out the world. Twice, millions of innocent people died without any sense. And twice the German nation had to take full responsibilty for those actions - justly. But how long people living in my country are blamed for it? 60 years after D-Day politicians - even German chancellor Gerhard Schröder - remembered together the libration of Europe. So why, can't we - as inhabitants of a secure continent - also behave in a respectful manner?

I'm not annoyed by your comment Erik. The fast apology showed that you are not made of those thoughts mentioned above. But I have to shake with my head when Van Nistelrooy told that history shouldn't be forget in a match against Germany. He's a shining example for thousands of young people loving soccer and therefor in charge of what he says. With those suggestions he can vandalize efforts made by politics.
    Van Nistelrooy said that? That's just wrong. :frown:

Last note: Racism, hate, warmongering and despise for others is not a German problem. Yes, we still have idiots here who have the point of view: "Holocaust never happend". But those bastards also live in US, UK, South America, Norway, even the Netherlands - everywhere. Our part of everyday fight against them is to respect and tolerate those who abhore terrible history made by Nazis.
    That's exactly right. Its not like Dutch history is all that clean either - it just doesn't really include Germany so its not something that comes up at derbies like this.

back to soccer: May the best team win. :)
    Indeed.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Hold on! Its not like you guys suck at tournaments!

Slick manoeuvring into the underdog-position but it won't work *Gives suspicious look* :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)