Euro 2020 - General Talk Thread (21 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
The weirdest thing about supporting Azzuri is the presence of merda players. How can you go from hating them one day to cheer what they score?
Thankfully it’s only Barella.
I guess I'll support the german NT then and root for Kimmich, Müller and Neuer.

Wait.

Absolutely agree with @Strickland here. You all see that way too rigorous.

Since I can think I've been a Serie A/Italy fan. It's the league I like the best and know the best. Of course I root for their NT. No idea what's so hard to grasp about that tbh.

To think you have to root for the NT of the country you are born in is just absolute nationalistic nonsense.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I guess I'll support the german NT then and root for Kimmich, Müller and Neuer.

Wait.

Absolutely agree with @Strickland here. You all see that way too rigorous.

Since I can think I've been a Serie A/Italy fan. It's the league I like the best and know the best. Of course I root for their NT. No idea what's so hard to grasp about that tbh.

To think you have to root for the NT of the country you are born in is just absolute nationalistic nonsense.
You don't have to do anything.

It's just that for me personally I'm not even necessarily a fan of Belgium. It's just that these players grew up where I grew up and know the things I know. It's natural to feel some sort of connection.

And given that it is sort of this connection that they represent, it does feel odd to truly cheer for another national team.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Strickland

May 17, 2019
You don't have to do anything.

It's just that for me personally I'm not even necessarily a fan of Belgium. It's just that these players grew up where I grew up and know the things I know. It's natural to feel some sort of connection.

And given that it is sort of this connection that they represent, it does feel odd to truly cheer for another national team.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
Theres definitely levels to this, the true cheerers is a strange way to put it though :D

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Just fine when they don't come up against Messi and Ronaldo.
Exactly!

They’ve both had the same horrible luck to come up against the best international team in the last 30 years or more (Spain) and probably the strongest two versions ever of Real Madrid and Barca.

Finally they’ll come up against an opponent nowhere near that level of quality. It’s just a pity that both are in their mid 30s and perhaps not at their peak. But it’s their best chance (by far) of winning an international trophy.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
It's just that these players grew up where I grew up and know the things I know. It's natural to feel some sort of connection.
Good point but only true for your generation of players, before you begin to age in relation to them

And then it's just a bunch of tiktok insta zoomers that you can't relate to at all. Might as well be from another planet. Interchangeable with other nation's zoomers.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
England should pull off a Luis Enrique and play with false 9, but if they lose the game Southgate will be crucified. If Italy gets ball possession as much as Denmark did they'll win the game.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
He's been really good at the Euros and has to be carry around a hot and cold Stones along with him. For United, he has been shaky (at least early part of the season when I watched games).
He was good in WC as well, which is why I kind of get why united shelled out on him him. Some players are just made for national teams.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

:Scared: they've figured us out.
England's tempo in this tournament has been similar to an anaemic sloth. But they obviously have legs to come alive in the final third.

I'd no idea who Mark Goldbridge was, which is explained by him being a Youtuber, but apparently his real name is Brent Di Cesare, lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)