Euro 2020 - General Talk Thread (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
So far France looks like the strongest team imo. I can see an Italy-France final
Oh boy, Mbappe vs Bonehead will be fun to watch :D

Italy, Belgium and France were by far the most impressive teams this round. The 2nd tier would be NL, England and Portugal.

The difference in footballing quality just seems very big with the smaller nations. I can't see teams like Austria or Switzerland causing an upset for these bigger teams.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
So far France looks like the strongest team imo. I can see an Italy-France final
Nice another chance for italians to self implode in a final Juve style.

- - - Updated - - -

People in the live thread saying France would be better without Mbappé. :haha:
People in this thread just enjoy poor quality football.

Hence they are also dissing my idea of removing referee from the game and let all key decisions be voted via a fan live voting platform.

If fans were to vote, Ramos would have been given a red card in ecl final vs Liverpool, and we would watch a fair game.

If fans were to vote, we would have never gotten the last second penalty against Madrid.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Oh boy, Mbappe vs Bonehead will be fun to watch :D

Italy, Belgium and France were by far the most impressive teams this round. The 2nd tier would be NL, England and Portugal.

The difference in footballing quality just seems very big with the smaller nations. I can't see teams like Austria or Switzerland causing an upset for these bigger teams.
Belgium would be a good matchup for Italy, Chiellini is built to keep strikers like Lukaku quiet all game long. Portugal and England too seem very doable for Italy.

France seems like a tough task for them, you just know France will sit back and exploit the spaces on the counter, if no one knocks them out, it's hard to see Italy managing to contain Mbappe and co.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Germany is better than I was giving them credit for.

Yeah, they have some real liabilities they are fielding: Gnabry? Starting with Havertz? Gosens? Exhuming Hummels? Kimmich back at fullback? Come on, they're better than that.

But I was impressed in their fight and team play... they do fight with a positive attitude that Löw has pointed out. They made France work for it when they should have been dominated. They need to do a lot more in the finish, however.

France was solid... saved by Pogba, but it's sketchy when Rabiot is your best player on the night.

Could potentially be a preview of the Final.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
How did the German Football Association become so bad and amateurish? @DAiDEViL

Bierhoff seems like someone who shouldn't be there for a start. The way he handled everything since that embarrassing world cup exit in 2018 says everything. The Germans used to be ruthless and effective.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Germany is better than I was giving them credit for.
Yeah, they have some real liabilities they are fielding: Gnabry? Starting with Havertz? Gosens? Exhuming Hummels? Kimmich back at fullback? Come on, they're better than that.
Gnabry has a great NT scoring record, Gosens was our best player yesterday, Hummels and Kimmich- try looking good with the laziest two players in the history of football in your midfield: Kroos and Gündogan. Havertz is talented but no couching is going on whatsoever for these young players.

This team would be good if not for the ass sniffer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)