Euro 2020 - General Talk Thread (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Belgium would be a good matchup for Italy, Chiellini is built to keep strikers like Lukaku quiet all game long. Portugal and England too seem very doable for Italy.

France seems like a tough task for them, you just know France will sit back and exploit the spaces on the counter, if no one knocks them out, it's hard to see Italy managing to contain Mbappe and co.
Like he did vs Inter :snoop:

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
What is the expectations from the two Krauts in here when Flick takes over the NT?
I only speak my mind on a subject if I have full unmatched expertise on that matter. Not having followed Flick or B*yern I have no idea of Flick's tactics or man management approach. Yet I am expecting a breath of fresh air and an instant 50% chemistry boost in the young player integration department and work ethic boost among the lazy players. 90% reduction of ass sniffing

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I only speak my mind on a subject if I have full unmatched expertise on that matter. Not having followed Flick or B*yern I have no idea of Flick's tactics or man management approach. Yet I am expecting a breath of fresh air and an instant 50% chemistry boost in the young player integration department and work ethic boost among the lazy players. 90% reduction of ass sniffing
But didn't you want Flick to take over at Juventus before Allegri was announced? :shifty:

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
But didn't you want Flick to take over at Juventus before Allegri was announced? :shifty:
I don't remember that in particular but it's the same situation as German NT. Couch SO bad that literally anybody with decent recent success to show for is already a big improvement without looking into it further.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
We have Löw as coach.

It can only get better. Flick was probably behind the Worldcup as well if you think about it...Like Vogts won it for Beckenbauer.
Ironic, after the good performance in WC2006 the improvement compared to Euro2004 was credited mostly to Low as the brains in the Low - Klinsmann duo, now apparently he's the dumb one in the Low - Flick duo of WC2014 :D

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It just took 3 years for him to find it again. ;)

We should definitely buy him and give him the 15 mil net he’ll ask for! :tuttosport:
You are finally back to your senses. That's the proper thing to do.

- - - Updated - - -

How did the German Football Association become so bad and amateurish? @DAiDEViL

Bierhoff seems like someone who shouldn't be there for a start. The way he handled everything since that embarrassing world cup exit in 2018 says everything. The Germans used to be ruthless and effective.
What has the federation to do with anything? I see it as a generation dip at the moment.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Ironic, after the good performance in WC2006 the improvement compared to Euro2004 was credited mostly to Low as the brains in the Low - Klinsmann duo, now apparently he's the dumb one in the Low - Flick duo of WC2014 :D
Personally I think that the improvement at the time was more down to good motivation. That's about the only thing Klinsi was somewhat good at I guess.

You watch Löw and how he sets up germany and you come to the conclusion he's just a mess tacticly. Don't keep track how often he's been outcoached or came up with great ideas like Kroos man marking players.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't rate Flick much before he took the Bayern job, but turns out he really proved me worng.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Personally I think that the improvement at the time was more down to good motivation. That's about the only thing Klinsi was somewhat good at I guess.

You watch Löw and how he sets up germany and you come to the conclusion he's just a mess tacticly. Don't keep track how often he's been outcoached or came up with great ideas like Kroos man marking players.
I'm not a big fan of Low, especially his teams in 2018 and 2016, however you cant deny it's impressive how he reached at least the semi's in all the major tournaments from 2006 to 2016, that's 6 finishes in the top4, even Spain who IMO had a much more talented generation didn't have that kind of consistency. Low didn't win the maximum amount of trophies he could've, but he's no Pirlo either.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I'm not a big fan of Low, especially his teams in 2018 and 2016, however you cant deny it's impressive how he reached at least the semi's in all the major tournaments from 2006 to 2016, that's 6 finishes in the top4, even Spain who IMO had a much more talented generation didn't have that kind of consistency. Low didn't win the maximum amount of trophies he could've, but he's no Pirlo either.
That just means not firing him in 2016 was the right decision. We are debating the decision of not firing him in 2018 though.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
You are finally back to your senses. That's the proper thing to do.

- - - Updated - - -

What has the federation to do with anything? I see it as a generation dip at the moment.
They are the one to take the biggest blame in all this, how Löw didn't get the boot much earlier is still a mystery. Seems Oliver Bierhoff is not fit for the task, what is his qualities? I don't know.

The German NT is probably not as good as they were lets say 5-10 years ago but it's still much better than what they showed in the last 3-4 years imo.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Of course not, there is only one Pirlo :p

But he's lost the plot over time, and at the same time became more arrogant. Mind boggling he's still here. Should have gotten the boot 3 years ago already. But they all besties over at DFB, so no surprise there.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I think the focus is so much on Pogba, because France really need him to do what they do. Which is basically sit back and relax and depend on two or three moments of sheer talent.

Apart from that it must be pretty weird to see Pogba be this consistent for France as a United fan.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
For the past decade Man U has been kind of a sh*t factory. Pour money and talent in one end of the meat grinder, squirt out trophyless seasons and the stunted careers of underperformers on the other. They've gotten it down to a science.

It's the place where football careers go to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)