Euro 2020 - General Talk Thread (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Maybe give the Danes a day or two. The group stage is long and we are only on round/ matchday 1.

Another good suggestion would be don't go on your official Twitter and claim the Danes are the ones who wanted to play after you forced them to
i agree about the second part. Regarding the rest, the schedule is so congested. I would’ve called it a draw for both teams but once they saw eriksen was alive, I think continuing the game wasn’t as big of a deal

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
once they saw eriksen was alive, I think continuing the game wasn’t as big of a deal
That was what i thought too, at the time, when I saw UEFA's twitter claiming Eriksen was fine and the Danes wanted to continue

However, Schmeichel's comments sound like the Danes were upset and not in condition to continue. UEFA should have cut them a break in that instance,

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The Danes are in the wrong for complaining. They say it was wrong to put them in that position. What should UEFA have done then? Take the decision for them? Then they'd complain they had no say in it.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the on pitch reaction from the Danish players. They deserve nothing but praise for it.

But it's pretty obvious they should cool down and allow emotions to settle before spouting out garbage right now.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Uh, well you'd get your wish if your alternative is cancelling the tournament.

Delaying a match in a tournament for more than a couple of days throws off a lot. Finland would have been impacted by doubling up playing schedules to make up lost time. Or, if not, then the 55-match whole tournament would be out of whack. All the people who have planned, organized, prepared, booked hotels, booked stadiums, hired security, got permits, made flights.

I don't think there's a lot of leeway here. Especially given that Eriksen survived. I sympathize with the guy and his team. But let's be callous here: one sportsman's medical emergency should not disrupt millions of lives and all the preparation teams, cities, stadiums, etc. have invested to put on a tightly scheduled event.
Well first of all, why is euro even taking place at times like this? Again, it is a low quality competition like World Cup, where players are usually exhausted and games are won by clownish mistakes.

If you wanna talk about money making, do a Super League trial run. League Tournament of a few giant teams, and each game is 1 hour, 7 aside rolling sub: draws equates deduct 1 point, loss equates deduct 3 points. Every penalty decisions are decided by online votes instead of bribed referees or VAR. This will definitely be freaking amazing adrenaline rush.

Oh wait, this will mean that the clubs will get rich while UEFA will not make a single cent. Where are they gona get the money to buy young boys to ra.pe?!!! U gona offer your buns?

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
f*ck Cakir that little piece of turd.
Another former child molester hired and bribed by uefa.
Seriously referee is such a outdated job. Any pigs could do it because your employer uefa or fifa will protect you even if you force a player to blow you on the pitch.

Please, we need live time fans voting on key decisions in game. Football is for everybody.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Another former child molester hired and bribed by uefa.
Seriously referee is such a outdated job. Any pigs could do it because your employer uefa or fifa will protect you even if you force a player to blow you on the pitch.

Please, we need live time fans voting on key decisions in game. Football is for everybody.
This is the most stupid thing I've read on Tuz all year.

Congrats.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Lots of poor passing including CR7. He did miss that one at the end of the half but #21 had CR7 all alone right at the start of play for a tap in but took the shot himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)