Euro 2020 - General Talk Thread (31 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
We are a lot weaker than we were in 2018. Hazard has been the driving force of our NT and we're not the same anymore.

To be fair though no one comes even close to France.

Griezmann-Mbappe-Benzema? With Pogba and Kante behind them? It's just ridiculous. Arguably the best side I've ever seen.
They are just one step lower than the France of 1998

Buy on AliExpress.com

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
We are a lot weaker than we were in 2018. Hazard has been the driving force of our NT and we're not the same anymore.

To be fair though no one comes even close to France.

Griezmann-Mbappe-Benzema? With Pogba and Kante behind them? It's just ridiculous. Arguably the best side I've ever seen.
Ronaldo-Jota-Bernando Silva and Bruno Ferdandes behind them is just as good.

- - - Updated - - -

We'll see but I haven't been impressed by Portugal when I've watched them. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they fail to qualify from their group. Their luck is that Germany seems pretty average as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Denmark are the real dark horse of this tournament for me. Can't call Italy one because I think they're one of the clear favourites.
Hopefully Denmark will be good, so Finland will drop out after group stage.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
:disagree: Embrace the Rivelution
Fuck it. Pissing me off to see all these coppa italia finals and from the 30min studio time, they're spending 20mins on finnish NT. Yle is going to show EURO2020, so i expect almost all the coverage being about us. I can see France vs Germany group stage match and we have some fucking interview from Tim Sparv about his younger years, even only thing i care is the teams on the field. Would be way better to have Finland dropping out soon as possible, so they could focus on the actual competion with the broadcasting.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Ronaldo-Jota-Bernando Silva and Bruno Ferdandes behind them is just as good.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully Denmark will be good, so Finland will drop out after group stage.
I think they will do really well, should reach the semis.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
That's my takeaway too. They did not represent... I mean almost as many as the English Championship...
It's quite an impoverished league outside of the top few teams.

But sure, there are lots of players from random northern European countries playing in England simply because you can make a good career playing in the 2nd or even 3rd or 4th tier in England. There are also cultural similarities, the language familiarity. I'd wager that Champonship clubs also have bigger wage bills than Ligue 1 if you removed the top 2 or 3 teams from France.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)