Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (8 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Are we still dicussing who deserved to win a football game? Portugal won the tournament without help from the officials, which really should mark the end of that dicussion. Well done Portugal for winning the final without the presence of one of the all time great goalscorers on the pitch. If that doesnt speak volumes of their organisation and team spirit then nothing does. It was a shitty game, but as a juve fan I like a game where teamwork and cohesiveness beats superior individual quality.

Sendt fra min SM-N910F med Tapatalk
:tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Good work Platini. You wanted an expanded 24 team tournament. And your country was defeated by a team who came third in a group which included current football heavyweights like Iceland and Hungary :applause:

OP
swag

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5,068
    How? They wouldn't even have made it out of the groupstages if the format wasn't retarded. And even after that, they got really lucky with the teams they faced. It was coincidence on coincidence and we could very have been discussing, how awful their team is.
    This is absurd historical revisionism. You're presuming that if history were changed and only two teams from each group could qualify max, all matches and all strategies would play out exactly the same.

Fact is that nobody could beat Santos at his suffocating antics, and the strategy worked. Portugal finished as the team with the lowest opposing completed passes percentage into their defensive half for a reason. So tight at the back, opportunistic on goal is what won.

No, Portugal wasn't going to lose 7-0 to France because of their clear superior play anymore than Serbia could pull that off.

No, Portugal isn't a one-man team that relies entirely on Ronaldo.

And as a result, the Eiffel Tower now looks like the Staples Center after a Lakers championship loss...

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    And as a result, the Eiffel Tower now looks like the Staples Center after a Lakers championship loss...
    I remember when The Game went on a 7min freestyle and mentioned the Lakers getting bounced by the Pistons in 2004

@Osman @Bianconero_Aus @X

@ around 6:00

OP
    swag

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5,071
    I should take that back - Pogba obviously made a difference when it mattered ... for Portugal :rab:
    It wasn't Pogba's fault. That was Deschamps' call. By playing Coman and Payet, he had to sit Pogba deep and thus uninvolved in the forward run of play pretty much.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
    Nov 8, 2005
    It wasn't Pogba's fault. That was Deschamps' call. By playing Coman and Payet, he had to sit Pogba deep and thus uninvolved in the forward run of play pretty much.
    Deschamp getting the tactics wrong would lead to not getting the most out of Pogba but say only 80%. What Pogba contributed today was less than garbage, not 80% of a superstar. Imperfect tactics do not explain such a masterful disappearing act like the one Pogba pulled today.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    I should take that back - Pogba obviously made a difference when it mattered ... for Portugal :rab:
    Enduring years and years of mediocrity has made you sound and act so butthurt my friend :p Pogba's performance in this tournament was below his standard (which btw says a lot about how high his level is) but that only puts him, and at the age of only 23, on the same position as the likes of Messi and Ronaldo, who despite being phenomenal for their clubs never showed up for their national teams. Doesn't make them any less of superstars.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    Oh dear lord. 3 hours later I'm still laughing.

Pogba "not a difference maker". :rofl:
    He's not decisive enough, yet. He's also petulant and if you rely on him to lead in times of pressure he won't deliver. This all might be due to his age.

- - - Updated - - -

Benz is such a piece of shit

Let's done deal that shit :beppe:
    Defo need more of that savage ish

- - - Updated - - -

Good work Platini. You wanted an expanded 24 team tournament. And your country was defeated by a team who came third in a group which included current football heavyweights like Iceland and Hungary :applause:

- - - Updated - - -

I remember when The Game went on a 7min freestyle and mentioned the Lakers getting bounced by the Pistons in 2004

@Osman @Bianconero_Aus @X

@ around 6:00

Gary Payton with LA :sergio:

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
    Jan 17, 2011
    Coppa has just been won back to back by chile man. Brazil no longer exists. Uruguay has become shit. Only Argentina is the other good team and they might disintegrate after messi and co retired.

Italy, Germany, Spain, France, Croatia, Portugal Vs. Chile, Argentina and maybe Columbia?
    Oh, I'm not worried. South American teams will produce more talents before Russia 2018.

Brazil didn't take the Copa Seriously btw.

Also, Italy, Spain, Croatia and Portugal :lol:

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    He's not decisive enough, yet. He's also petulant and if you rely on him to lead in times of pressure he won't deliver. This all might be due to his age.

- - - Updated - - -

Defo need more of that savage ish

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Gary Payton with LA :sergio:
    My G

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
    Nov 8, 2005
    Enduring years and years of mediocrity has made you sound and act so butthurt my friend :p Pogba's performance in this tournament was below his standard (which btw says a lot about how high his level is) but that only puts him, and at the age of only 23, on the same position as the likes of Messi and Ronaldo, who despite being phenomenal for their clubs never showed up for their national teams. Doesn't make them any less of superstars.
    My dearest of dear Juventini friends, :D
    The long years of supporting Juve have made you lose track of the precipice between reallity and illusion when it comes to anything Juve related :D
    When they won the Ballon d'Or and helped their clubs to CL glory as the "man in charge" of those teams, Messi was 22 yo and CR7 was 23. Pogba already is 23 ... and the best he can show for is coming short in big games, both at international and club level (and no, the sublime performances here and there vs Bologna, Fiorentina and the likes in Serie A don't count).

Not to worry, though - by the looks of it, that won't be your problem for much longer. :p

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    My dearest of dear Juventini friends, :D
    The long years of supporting Juve have made you lose track of the precipice between reallity and illusion when it comes to anything Juve related :D
    When they won the Ballon d'Or and helped their clubs to CL glory as the "man in charge" of those teams, Messi was 22 yo and CR7 was 23. Pogba already is 23 ... and the best he can show for is coming short in big games, both at international and club level (and no, the sublime performances here and there vs Bologna, Fiorentina and the likes in Serie A don't count)

Not to worry, though - by the looks of it, that won't be your problem for much longer. :p
    It was you that said Vidal wasn't world class, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)