Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (7 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I am not using today's game as proof for anything I've said about Pogba. It's more of a yet another confirmation of what I have come to expect from him, contrary to this "superstar" treatment he is getting all over the place, not just from Juve fans, but altogether.
I certainly hope you didn't try to compare him to Messi and CR7. I tried to make sure that the contrast between him and those two is evident enough.
And what is the point that you and X are trying to make by bringing up that I am a Milan fan, btw? If you have anything factual to prove me wrong with, please go ahead. If a reference to Muntari is all you have got in that respect, then I guess I have made my point loud and clear.
More idiocy. It's entertaining though. SO please keep it up. :)

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Facts:
-Pogba is the hottest player in world football
-Pogba, unlike messi and ronaldo, is supposed to be the leader and is not benefiting from having the likes of xavi to do the psychological and organizational heavy lifting for him
-Pogba is not a striker and so will never get the same attention yet even a blind man can see how ridiculously talented he is
Sure, all facts, but none of them disprove anything I have said about Pogba. You could also bring up the fact that an all-time great like Buffon has never won the CL, so why should Pogba be blasted for doing the same ... yes, it's a fact but one that means absolutely nothing in the present discussion and in no ways does it mean Pogba gets to be called a great player, just because other greats have not achieved something, as well.
I.E. those are facts that lead to a non-argument.

To make it clear, I am not criticizing Pogba for not being at CR7's or Messi's level at 23 yo, I am not criticizing him for not having won the CL for Juve or scoring enough goals or making enough shots ... I am criticizing him for not playing up to his hype and natural talent in the big games, big moments. A player could have a great game individually yet still see his team lose and fail to win a title like the CL. That is, I am criticizing Pogba for not doing his part of the deal, not for not doing other people's job on the field, in addition to his own.

Nah you were the first to throw personal jabs but once you are hit back you cry foul, typical woman
Like I said, those weren't jabs, but just a joke. A jab, and I am sure much more insulting one to Hoori, is what you say/imply here.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Sure, all facts, but none of them disprove anything I have said about Pogba. You could also bring up the fact that an all-time great like Buffon has never won the CL, so why should Pogba be blasted for doing the same ... yes, it's a fact but one that means absolutely nothing in the present discussion and in no ways does it mean Pogba gets to be called a great player, just because other greats have not achieved something, as well.

To make it clear, I am not criticizing Pogba for not being at CR7's or Messi's level at 23 yo, I am not criticizing him for not having won the CL for Juve or scoring enough goals or making enough shots ... I am criticizing him for not playing up to his hype and natural talent in the big games, big moments. A player could have a great game individually yet still see his team lose and fail to win a title like the CL. That is, I am criticizing Pogba for not doing his part of the deal, not for not doing other people's job on the field, in addition to his own.

Like I said, those weren't jabs, but just a joke. A jab, and I am sure much more insulting one to Hoori, is what you say/imply here.
You don't answer one point and evade and evade and evade, anyways many words to say nothing, i will take note not to engage you for a while since you are not really worth it lately

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009

I guess you were the salty one after all. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Fred takes priority first :lol:

Lost a bet that France would make it to Semi's.
Fuck Fred :(

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Retards here think Cristiano isn't a leader. acmilan, amongst others, what a complete doofus. :lol:

Cristiano Ronaldo gave the Portuguese squad what has been described as an "unbelievable" half-time speech, telling his teammates he was "sure" they would beat France in their 1-0 Euro 2016 final victory despite having to go off injured after 25 minutes, Cedric Soares has revealed.

The full-back also said that Portugal were "in shock" when their star captain had to be substituted but that, far from being dejected, a "fantastic" Ronaldo helped motivate the players.

"It was a very tough moment," Soares said. "I remember, for me and the team, everybody was a little bit in shock I think.

"In half-time, Cristiano had fantastic words for us. He gave us a lot of confidence and said 'listen people, I'm sure we will win, so stay together and fight for it.'

"It was really unbelievable. I think all the team had a fantastic attitude. And we showed tonight when you fight as one you are much much stronger."

Cristiano Ronaldo and winning goalscorer Eder celebrate after beating France for the Euro 2016 title.
Asked whether Ronaldo was downbeat after having to go off, Soares said: "No, he was fantastic. His attitude was unbelievable. Always he helped a lot our teammates, he always had a lot of motivational words and all the team of course reacted to them, so it was very good."

Ronaldo spent much of the second half and extra-time acting as an effective assistant manager, giving instructions from the bench, and Soares praised this as beneficial to the players.

"Yes, he had fantastic words for each player in each moment of the game ... I'm really really happy to be part of this group and be champion."

Portugal won the game thanks to Eder's 109th-minute long-range strike. After the game, as Soares spoke to ESPN FC, Ronaldo led a conga line through the mixed zone, although he interrupted his singing to hug any players who were talking to the media.
And then Eder:
"Cristiano told me I would be scoring the winning goal. He and all my teammates," Eder said. "He gave me strength and positive energy. And that goal was really important."
:lol: at people bashing this guy or saying Sanches and Nani were better or more important. :lol:

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Retards here think Cristiano isn't a leader. acmilan, amongst others, what a complete doofus. :lol:

And then Eder:

:lol: at people bashing this guy or saying Sanches and Nani were better or more important. :lol:
Ronaldo is a winner with the good and bad things that comes with such a will to win. He sure does comes off as an arrogant douche, and no doubt his ego have a hard tiem with other 'big players'. But at least the dude pays his taxes #JuSuisRonaldo

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I did not say he's a Messi/Ronaldo but rather pointed out that only because he didn't deliver in a final doesn't mean he's any less of a superstar because that's what Messi and Ronaldo excel at.

Also, the delusional one here is you because the world seems to see him the way we see him that's why we may end up selling him for a record price. You're just upset that the biggest star player you've had in (almost) the past decade was Muntari :p
Ronaldo scored in the 2008 CL final and converted the decisive penalty in 2016. Messi scored in the 2009 and 2011 CL finals and was elected motm in the latter. Both have played well in finals. Ronaldo has also never choked for his country. If they have to play playoffs v Sweden the dude scores hattricks. If they are on the verge of going out v Hungary he scores two class goals. Ronaldo always delivers for Portugal.

Oh. And not being decisive in a final always affects your status. Zidane's status went through the roof after the 1998 final. Brazilian Ronaldo too really cemented his career in 2002.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Ronaldo is a winner with the good and bad things that comes with such a will to win. He sure does comes off as an arrogant douche, and no doubt his ego have a hard tiem with other 'big players'. But at least the dude pays his taxes #JuSuisRonaldo
At the end of the day Ronaldo deserved this win. It was ugly and extremely lucky, but given his career I'm sort of okay with the outcome.

I still would have preferred France, but I guess they didn't do enough on the day.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Good work Platini. You wanted an expanded 24 team tournament. And your country was defeated by a team who came third in a group which included current football heavyweights like Iceland and Hungary :applause:

btw hungary's elek shot on the crossbar during the last minutes of hungary-portugal. a goal would have sent portugal to 4th place. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)