Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (11 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Kompany when fit is one of the top defenders in the world.

And even average defenders can form a really really good defensive unit with the right setup and coach.
Kompany has been insanely underperforming all his career, but its been masked cause he plays in the shitfuckfordefence league, and Belgium, who underperform more so we dont notice.

Kompany, is excellent in 1v1, excellent in duelling, excellent in aerial duels. He's controlling of space and anticipation is dogshit pathetic. He's doing it on intuition and thats truely disgusting. He sucked in Germany. He didnt at city, but there he only needs to do what he's good at. Winning headers and duels. They always get absolutely shafted against european teams.

Is that a shame ? Wel no. Chiellini actually for quite a while wasent that good at those things either. Worldclass manmarker, heading, anticipating and tackling, but not a backline controller (still not) or space controller(is now).
Put Kompany with a coach that puts a rigid tactical system. The 3-5-2 with Conte or Allegri going exceptionally ballsdeep strickt on positionning and instructions. He's definatly capable to adapt to it, and become a MUCH better player.

Belgium wont buy it, but Kompany wasted his potential in the EPL. He could have been so much better.

Also, i'm so, SO, looking forward to Conte physically abusing hazard to make him chase his fullback :touched: . he wont be able to carry a purse on the field anymore :heart:

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I don't know, but age testing is relatively cheap and easy, so if there were any doubts I'm sure Bayern would have tested him before paying millions. Very unlikely to be true imo.
Is it really that easy? I don't know anything about the biology of it, just hearing about problems determining the age of a person all the time - Falcao or Martins for example were also never tested?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Is it really that easy? I don't know anything about the biology of it, just hearing about problems determining the age of a person all the time - Falcao or Martins for example were also never tested?
We do it on millions of refugees so I don't think it's all that expensive. It's some sort of bone scan.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Kompany has been insanely underperforming all his career, but its been masked cause he plays in the shitfuckfordefence league, and Belgium, who underperform more so we dont notice.

Kompany, is excellent in 1v1, excellent in duelling, excellent in aerial duels. He's controlling of space and anticipation is dogshit pathetic. He's doing it on intuition and thats truely disgusting. He sucked in Germany. He didnt at city, but there he only needs to do what he's good at. Winning headers and duels. They always get absolutely shafted against european teams.

Is that a shame ? Wel no. Chiellini actually for quite a while wasent that good at those things either. Worldclass manmarker, heading, anticipating and tackling, but not a backline controller (still not) or space controller(is now).
Put Kompany with a coach that puts a rigid tactical system. The 3-5-2 with Conte or Allegri going exceptionally ballsdeep strickt on positionning and instructions. He's definatly capable to adapt to it, and become a MUCH better player.

Belgium wont buy it, but Kompany wasted his potential in the EPL. He could have been so much better.

Also, i'm so, SO, looking forward to Conte physically abusing hazard to make him chase his fullback :touched: . he wont be able to carry a purse on the field anymore :heart:
Hmmm, I guess we gotta agree to disagree here, in my opinion Kompany is not only really good at 1 vs 1, but also quite decent at positioning - though that's certainly not what his strengths are. Only problems are his occasional fuck-ups, as well as incosistencies relating to his many injuries.

But the bolded part is the key here, it's virtually impossible for a defender on his own to "control space" as you put it, the coach and his system are hugely important here.

- - - Updated - - -

We do it on millions of refugees so I don't think it's all that expensive. It's some sort of bone scan.
And how precise is it? Was actually going to mention the refugee example as well

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Hmmm, I guess we gotta agree to disagree here, in my opinion Kompany is not only really good at 1 vs 1, but also quite decent at positioning - though that's certainly not what his strengths are. Only problems are his occasional fuck-ups, as well as incosistencies relating to his many injuries.

But the bolded part is the key here, it's virtually impossible for a defender on his own to "control space" as you put it, the coach and his system are hugely important here.

- - - Updated - - -

And how precise is it? Was actually going to mention the refugee example as well
I honestly wouldn't know, but I hope it's rather precise because it affects millions.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

- - - Updated - - -

Defenders user to be quite good at it untill a decade ago.

At Belgium, we often see Kompany beasting the 1v1's. But the controll of space is ever so often horrendous

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
From what I read it gets less accurate with age. Like it won't be able to tell if you are 35 or 40 but it can distinguish 16 and 18, 18 and 23 even more.

oh and discussion should be close after watching this video

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
For the rest of the tournament:

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi,
Gwlad beirdd a chantorion, enwogion o fri;
Ei gwrol ryfelwyr, gwladgarwyr tra mad,
Tros ryddid collasant eu gwaed.

Gwlad, gwlad, pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad,
Tra môr yn fur
I'r bur hoff bau,
O bydded i'r hen iaith barhau.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)