Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (21 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
If I wrote choke, it was wrong. But Messi didn't choke too. All I'm saying is, none of them are at the same level as they are in their club teams.
True, but a big part of that is that football is still a team sport. Ronaldo gets 4-5 chances per game at Real. He gets 1 when playing for Portugal. As he's basically evolved in a pure goalscorer that is going to change everything for him.

Still does the best with what he's given imo.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Best possible outcomes Sunday:

1) Ronaldo scores hat trick in dominant performance for the ages, and leads Portugal to the title. Messi fanbois around the world commit suicide.

2) Ronaldo misses easy tap-in (think Dzeko) to win the Euros and Portugal loses. Ronaldo fanbois around the world commit suicide.

Now if only there were some way to combine these two things...

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Best possible outcomes Sunday:

1) Ronaldo scores hat trick in dominant performance for the ages, and leads Portugal to the title. Messi fanbois around the world commit suicide.

2) Ronaldo misses easy tap-in (think Dzeko) to win the Euros and Portugal loses. Ronaldo fanbois around the world commit suicide.

Now if only there were some way to combine these two things...
Portugal loses and Messi retires. I think that's a win-win.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
True, but a big part of that is that football is still a team sport. Ronaldo gets 4-5 chances per game at Real. He gets 1 when playing for Portugal. As he's basically evolved in a pure goalscorer that is going to change everything for him.

Still does the best with what he's given imo.
It's definitely more of a team game today. That's way I don't understand all the all time greatest debate - you can't compare (only goalkeepers). And I agree, but Ronaldo isn't much influential here as in Real. But it pretty much sums up the Portugal offensive play:

They hope for individual brilliance.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Wales missed Ramsey and generally didn't play that well. Portugal nothing special, but they're not tactically dumb like Belgium. I'd expect either side from tomorrow to beat them, but maybe they have their name on the trophy, generally being ok and reaching a final has to mean something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)