Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (9 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Fuck this euro! France better win, and hopefully they win the whole thing, if only for pogba. The collective cheering on iceland is unbearable so i hope france thrash them 5-0.
People will always support the small team, because they want to see the stars fail. People are really silly that way.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
If Germany make the final, no chance for Porthugaal imo. They've absolutely battered them in recent times.

They have a good chance at least if France makes it.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Goals:

4 - Antoine Griezmann

3 - Gareth Bale
3 - Olivier Giroud
3 - Alvaro Morata
3 - Dimitri Payet

(...)

By clubs:

6 - Juventus (3x Morata, Chiellini, Bonucci, Pogba)
6 - Real Madrid (3x Bale, 2x Ronaldo, Modrić)

5 - Arsenal (3x Giroud, Ramsey, Ozil)
5 - Atletico (4x Griezmann, Carrasco)

3 - Besiktas (Quaresma, 2x Gomez)
3 - Bursaspor (2x Dzsudzsak, Necid)
3 - Fenerbahce (2x Nani, Tufan)
3 - Fiorentina (2x Błaszczykowski, Kalinić)
3 - Inter (2x Perisić, Eder)
3 - Norwich (Hoolahan, 2x Brady)
3 - Swansea (Sigurdsson, Taylor, Williams)
3 - West Ham (3x Payet)

(...)

By leagues:

30 - England
16 - Italy
15 - Spain
11 - Turkey
9 - Germany

(...)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Is anybody else annoyed IRL by the crazy amount of casual (big tournament) watchers who won't shut up about football these days? I can't get the topic changed before a clown joins the talk and proudly proclaims 'France, huh? always had them as favourites' Skip to 2 weeks ago when after France-Romania said clown was like 'They are supposed to win Euros? Never' I had an italian guy who was genuinely upset about not fielding the best team vs Ireland. Before he gave birth to the fantastic expert prediction 'we are gonna get destroyed by germany like always'. More goals = better match, late goal = luck, strikers are the most important position, pep the best coach in history, spain was the most entertaining team to watch ever, pep coached spain, One good match = team will go far, one bad match = overrated team, many chances = deserved win, every player is only as good as he is going forward, the head referee makes offside calls, there shouldn't be penalties but a judge should decide based on performance. I asked a supposedly knowledgeable colleague what he thought about Copa America final - 'Is this where they throw the ball?'

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Lol I know your pain, I recognize all those comments. Its actually kind of funny. Casuals in general but particulary women sudden need to fake interest and come with the most inane but innocent comments (funnier when watching games with us in bars). It allways happens in big tourno's, its a month long affair so the social animals they (and we in general) are, they have to try to get in on the small talk. Funniest is the most genuine of all, female collegue crying about she cant talk to her husband past weeks due to this damn euro being all he talks about lol.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Lol I know your pain, I recognize all those comments. Its actually kind of funny. Casuals in general but particulary women sudden need to fake interest and come with the most inane but innocent comments (funnier when watching games with us in bars). It allways happens in big tourno's, its a month long affair so the social animals they (and we in general) are, they have to try to get in on the small talk. Funniest is the most genuine of all, female collegue crying about she cant talk to her husband past weeks due to this damn euro being all he talks about lol.
Still, it's a bit of a silly complaint. Football is the most popular sport worldwide and is everywhere in Europe. Most have at least some knowledge of the game. Imagine being a track athlete and the sort of crap you have to deal with during the Olympics.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Sure :D. On the phone right now, so I can't change it immediately. Too bad I'll have to disrespect the captain :(.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk
kXCALwS.png

Brought to you by @Völler incorporated, in association with @piotrr pharmaceuticals and @Klin potato wholefoods

Other products considered for your esteemed ad space service were:

nHRBBf4.png

FdcyCNh.png

udTggkL.png

@Tommy @Zacheryah @Fred @Bianconero_Aus @Iceman @Fr3sh @Mohad @king Ale

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
kXCALwS.png

Brought to you by @Völler incorporated, in association with @piotrr pharmaceuticals and @Klin potato wholefoods

Other products considered for your esteemed ad space service were:

nHRBBf4.png

FdcyCNh.png

udTggkL.png
Lol. I'll change it this afternoon. I like that you picked Hazard for the purse. In line with his on the pitch mentality, but the dude must have the worst fashion sense in Europe :D.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)