Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (60 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Everyone is biased, but I don't think I've ever seen a trained force go to a tournament to attack people, it's indefensible no matter who they are. Those are almost all regular people like you or me over there, not hooligans. And I'm aware there are many regular Russian fans too, but no other country has a fricking squad running around :lol:
According to bbc

"Now many people are boxers or into mixed martial arts, and Russian hooligans often follow a very healthy way of life, avoiding alcohol which used to be part of the subculture," explains journalist Andrei Malosolov, co-founder of Russia's Fans' Union.

French prosecutor says there were around 150 Russian "hooligans" who travelled to Marseille "well-prepared for violence"
"The English like drinking more, and when they drink they lose quality as fighters and slow down. Our people were more prepared, because of the culture these days," he told the BBC, suggesting that the "students" have outgrown their masters.
"Russia and Poland are in top place in the hooligan chart," Andrei Malosolov says. "England has dropped a long way down."
The tabloid paper Komsomolskaya Pravda adopts a similar tone, suggesting that Russia is now clear favourite in what it called the "alternative Euros".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36515283
:lol: what a bunch of nutters. Theres something in the water over there...

Jan 22, 2009
Everyone is biased, but I don't think I've ever seen a trained force go to a tournament to attack people, it's indefensible no matter who they are. Those are almost all regular people like you or me over there, not hooligans. And I'm aware there are many regular Russian fans too, but no other country has a fricking squad running around :lol:
Check this out!! A Go Pro camera for the fights is a new one :lol:

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Forza Austria @Ocelot

Alaba babbyy :tuttosport:
Forza Austria @Ocelot

Arnautovic babbyy :tuttosport:
& Baumgartlinger, Janko & Junizovic :tuttosport:

Mah man :dule:

:delpiero: i must spread first

btw austria is clearly the strongest team, i'd accept a draw.
I'd say we're favourites, but anything can happen. Pressure will be huge on our team, the first time in ages people actually expect something from them :D

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
:lol: what a bunch of nutters. Theres something in the water over there...
Just reading the comments of some of the leading figures over there shows that they still have this ultra-macho subculture. I don't think they realise that no one else is really that bothered with hooliganism anymore. Maybe in 10-15 years they'll realise that.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Meanwhile in...

Russia risk Euros ban
By Football Italia staff

Russia have been warned that any further trouble by their supporters inside the stadium will see them thrown out of Euro 2016.

There has been widespread condemnation after Russian and English fans clashed in Marseille in the days leading up to their Group B opener.

During the match itself, a flare was launched from the Russian section, and a number of fans invaded the English end.

Russia have now been handed a suspended disqualification by UEFA, as well as a fine of €150,000, with the disciplinary body announcing “a suspended disqualification of the Russian national team from Uefa Euro 2016 for the crowd disturbances.”

The sentence is suspended until the end of the tournament but “Such suspension will be lifted if incidents of a similar nature (crowd disturbances) happen inside the stadium at any of the remaining matches of the Russian team during the tournament”.

The governing body cannot impose the disqualification for incidents outside of the stadium, as those do not fall under UEFA jurisdiction.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I'd say we're favourites, but anything can happen. Pressure will be huge on our team, the first time in ages people actually expect something from them :D
:D

about expectations: i remember the last game hungary played at any major international competition. we comfortably won 2-0 against canada. 3rd round of the world cup group stages in '86, irapuato, mexico. before that, hungary played 2 matches, and lost the opener 6-0 to the ussr, 3-0 to france. i was 9, and couldn't believe my eyes when the soviets beat the shit out of our team. hungary had a great team, lead the fifa rankings for some time before the tournament, beat brazil in a friendly in march, people expected the team to fight for the title, and get at least a medal. we sucked big time :D and it all went downhill since then. now, after 30 years of constant and ever growing disappointments, the whole country just gave up, there's no pressure anymore on the team, and ironically that's why i can see us getting a draw as a best case scenario. for instance, one of my best friends is a goalie coach at kirány gábor's gk school, so they talk like every other day. my buddy told me that király (the oldest guy of any euro 16 player btw) is super relaxed. i expect the team to follow his coolness.

just read a couple of predictions, most are like 1-0 or 2-0 to austria. this guy at bbc gave pretty accurate predictions to date, and his guess is 1-0.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)