Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (82 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
England

They never fail to disappoint. Knew Russia would peg one back at some point, England's defence is putrid. How they didn't win that game I'll never know, so many missed chances against an average Russia team.

Great entertainment for my morning

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
he wouldn't know who frankie boyle is ;)
;)
Frankie Boyle said it lol. He means that the English are accurate enough to hit the French police with chairs from 30 yards away but can't finish if their lives depended on it on the pitch. Like all jokes it isn't as funny when explained. I lolled when i first read it. Classic Frankie Boyle :D
:tup:

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
Absolutely agree with this can't stand and not looking forward for so many low par teams in such a prestigious tournament. What's worse is with 3rd place these same shitty teams are gonna make it to knockouts and who knows how far.
Some of those nations never get a chance to be in tournaments. It doesn't bother me that they finally get a chance but the third place nations advancing seems like a forced way to expand

Mar 9, 2006

- - - Updated - - -

[video=twitter;741777395259183104]https://twitter.com/Fake_MIDRF/status/741777395259183104[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

[video=twitter;741860097991823360]https://twitter.com/GeniusFootball/status/741860097991823360[/video]

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Yes there's good potential here :D

On the streets anyway.
Doubt fans will fight over there. But I would expect some disturbance in Bosnia, especially in the city like Mostar, that is deeply divided and half the city will support Turks while the other half Croatia. The last time these two sides met there were some unpleasant scenes.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
That was such a spursy way to finish the match lol. I don't know why people criticize Hodgson for the substitutions though, adding Wilshere and Milner was just a way to add actual CM's to the team and thus protect the lead. It backfired sure, but it's funny looking at all the experts in other forums saying how they would've saved England with their subs, with the arrogance of hindsight of course lmao.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
That was such a spursy way to finish the match lol. I don't know why people criticize Hodgson for the substitutions though, adding Wilshere and Milner was just a way to add actual CM's to the team and thus protect the lead. It backfired sure, but it's funny looking at all the experts in other forums saying how they would've saved England with their subs, with the arrogance of hindsight of course lmao.
Rooney was one of the best players on the pitch. There was just no need to take him off. And crawling back always backfires, you just know it's not smart.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Croatia is loaded, they're one of my favorites to win it all.

Italy sucks thanks to Conte. I'll be happy if they score a goal.

I mean seriously, he can't even get the projected lineup right with the guys he did call up. Eder? Lolll

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
i'm not sure wilshere was 100% fit. anyway, it's written in the stars: english players play the most matches during regular season, they are the most likely ones to arrive in an exhausted state, and it usually shows during summer competitions. look at their stats of 2nd halfs of euro/wc matches, they rarely score goals and win matches in the 2nd half. (i also remember platt's goal in the 120th minute, it was a rare exception.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 82)