Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (65 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Our world cup winning squad was as weak as it is with the current squad , it was under Lippi that manage to create an aura around the team. How can you say the Italian current squad is weakest at some time , and the same time saying Juventus has the best defensive partnership in Europe. Its hypocrite.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Our world cup winning squad was as weak as it is with the current squad , it was under Lippi that manage to create an aura around the team. How can you say the Italian current squad is weakest at some time , and the same time saying Juventus has the best defensive partnership in Europe. Its hypocrite.
oh boy...

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Del Piero, Totti, Pirlo, De Rossi, Buffon, Nesta, Cannavaro, Zambrotta.. You know nothing, AOD4.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Del Piero, Totti, Pirlo, De Rossi, Buffon, Nesta, Cannavaro, Zambrotta.. You know nothing, AOD4.
Why am I not surprised of the knee jerk response, and dude its you who knows nothing. Nesta was already injured by our third game. You just comparing the talents on paper, i am refering to the team whole condition. We came back from the back of the biggest scandal. No one even gave us chance to get out of the group if you follow the run up to the WC. Fuck you, I been supporting Italy first before Juventus and please dont tell me I dont know anything.

Ask yourself, Conte crying for talents, if he was the coach of 2006 would he win the WC as Lippi did?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Why am I not surprised of the knee jerk response, and dude its you who knows nothing. Nesta was already injured by our third game. You just comparing the talents on paper, i am refering to the team whole condition. We came back from the back of the biggest scandal. No one even gave us chance to get out of the group if you follow the run up to the WC. Fuck you, I been supporting Italy first before Juventus and please dont tell me I dont know anything.

Ask yourself, Conte crying for talents, if he was the coach of 2006 would he win the WC as Lippi did?
You're deluding yourself. The scandal helped rather than hurt the team's performance anyway.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
And its funny too see how convenient you pointed immediately when I said we had a weak team back then , which was made great by Lippi, yet no one said anything about the hypocrisy saying Juventus have the best defensive pairing and out of suddenly when it comes to Italy we are weak ?

- - - Updated - - -

You're deluding yourself. The scandal helped rather than hurt the team's performance anyway.
It was Lippi who made the scandal the stepping stone , and yeah you didn't answer, if it was Conte would we win the cup back then ?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Imo it's between us and the Germans. All others are vastly inferior. But Italy and now Spain too have a culture of winning.
Im setting up for disappointment the first time we face any organised team tbh

- - - Updated - - -

How can you say the Italian current squad is weakest at some time , and the same time saying Juventus has the best defensive partnership in Europe. Its hypocrite.
Because quality of footba has dropped that low

- - - Updated - - -

Heard that alot. It united the azzurri. Wich was exactly the issue before. Loads of stars, all individual.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
And its funny too see how convenient you pointed immediately when I said we had a weak team back then , which was made great by Lippi, yet no one said anything about the hypocrisy saying Juventus have the best defensive pairing and out of suddenly when it comes to Italy we are weak ?

- - - Updated - - -

It was Lippi who made the scandal the stepping stone , and yeah you didn't answer, if it was Conte would we win the cup back then ?
Dude. You're a nutter. I have no interest in a Lippi v Conte debate. I like the former better by the way.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Anyway just realized your not an Italy fan, so probably you can skip the question on if Conte would have won back in 2006. I like how you conveniently highlighted the players that were good at the same time you forgot about the lousy ones which Lippi managed to mould them an bring them up together.

Anyway my point is this talk about this Italy team being weakest, its subjective. Its how the coach makes the best out of the situation he got in hand, even if this Italy squad is weak on paper according to you guys, we are still Italy and we are better than 3/4 teams out there. And if it was all depending on players, why would we need a coach , currently the highest paid national coach. Back in 2006, no one gave us a chance, but Lippi created a hell of a team , with a combination of some good players, and some horrible players that stood up. Same thing I feel right now. We still got a solid defense, a solid midfield, a less than desirable attack currently .

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Anyway just realized your not an Italy fan, so probably you can skip the question on if Conte would have won back in 2006. I like how you conveniently highlighted the players that were good at the same time you forgot about the lousy ones which Lippi managed to mould them an bring them up together.

Anyway my point is this talk about this Italy team being weakest, its subjective. Its how the coach makes the best out of the situation he got in hand, even if this Italy squad is weak on paper according to you guys, we are still Italy and we are better than 3/4 teams out there. And if it was all depending on players, why would we need a coach , currently the highest paid national coach. Back in 2006, no one gave us a chance, but Lippi created a hell of a team , with a combination of some good players, and some horrible players that stood up. Same thing I feel right now. We still got a solid defense, a solid midfield, a less than desirable attack currently .
Dude, I have no issue with Lippi. You are mental. You see things. Shut the fuck up.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
lol at 2006 Italy being as "weak" as current Italy. ive been saying since Conte took over a year ago that they will win this but putting them on level with 2006 Italy is ridiculous

also, lol at people overrating Belgium. they wont even go past QF

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
lol at 2006 Italy being as "weak" as current Italy. ive been saying since Conte took over a year ago that they will win this but putting them on level with 2006 Italy is ridiculous

also, lol at people overrating Belgium. they wont even go past QF
Italy probably had the best squad in the world in 2002 and 2006.

Comparing it to the filth they have now is really insane.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Italy probably had the best squad in the world in 2002 and 2006.

Comparing it to the filth they have now is really insane.
Agree, the quality all over the squad in those two teams was startling. Midfield was perhaps the "weakest" area in those teams, yet included players like Gattuso, Pirlo, Camoranesi, C Zanetti (02) and others.

Happy that generation won the WC in 06. Deserved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)