Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (5 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Shit qualifying now though, isn't it? The Netherlands should be embarrassed if they don't make it.

Just looking at Euro 2012 qualifying to see who would have made it in the current format.

Group Winners: Germany, Russia, Italy, France, Netherlands, Greece, England, Denmark, Spain
Runners-up: Turkey, Rep. Ireland, Estonia, Bosnia, Sweden, Croatia, Montenegro, Portugal, Czech Republic
Best 3rd place: Armenia

Play-offs: Belgium, Serbia, Romania, Hungary, Israel, Switzerland, Norway, Scotland

oprahyougetaspot.gif

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I can't wait until they extend it to 48 teams so we can see Malta against Andorra, or who claims that last spot between Liechtenstein and Gibraltar. Scotland might even qualify for a tournament.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
vOostveen weg, Blind weg, smeken dat Koeman alsnog wilt of anders Rijkaard halen met Seedorf als assistent en dan hopen op het wk2018
gewoon meer ervaring op roepen en niet die broekies uit de crapdivisie. behalve Bazoer.
als iedereen fit is zou ik voor zoiets gaan
steek

bruma/van beek of wie er ook in vorm is-de vrij-blind

janmaat-wijnaldum-de jong-sneijder-willems
robben-depay.

op de bank dan krul, bmi, clasie, dost, klaasen, hunt, bazoer, pieters, greg en nog wat aanvulling uit eredivisie.

al die jonge gasten gewoon eerst goed jaar draaien in de eredivisie voor dat ze mogen denk aan oranje.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
yes they have the best shot unless ukraine wins vs spain
There is one other possibility Hungary not to make it as best 3rd, but I might be wrong about this one:

Norway beats Italy, Croatia ends 3rd no matter their result against last placed Malta. Croatia will have 15 pts against the top 5 teams, same as Hungary, but a superior 17:5 goal difference (Hungary has 8:5).
Croatia has -1 point from the total point tally, but I think that point deduction shouldn't count for the 3rd placed teams standings. In such scenario, even if Ukraine doesn't beat Spain, Croatia will be best 3rd, not Hungary.

Hungary need Spain not to lose in Ukraine and Norway not to win in Italy. That's their ticket directly to the EURO.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Croatia has -1 point from the total point tally, but I think that point deduction shouldn't count for the 3rd placed teams standings.
well, according to hungarian papers, we only have to watch the ukraine-spain match, so the point deduction should count for either standings.

btw spain will field their b-team, so i'm prepared for a win for ukraine.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I assume the point deduction counts because it is attributed to a game which didn't involve the 6th placed team in the group (Italy).
Yeah, it counts. Imo it shouldn't, because Croatia has the point deduction for something done in the game vs Italy, but the result on that match still stands as it was. So the NT got 1 point deduction from the total point tally, while all the results count as they were after the final whistle. In the 3rd placed standings they count the results against the top 5 teams, and it makes no sense for the 1 point deduction to count again.
But I checked and it does count, so nothing to talk about.

Anyway, it won't change anything. Spain goes to Ukraine with something that looks like a C team (http://image.dnevnik.hr/media/images/original/Oct2015/61147489-rre.jpg), while Italy are fighting for a seeding place in EURO 2016, and for this they mustn't lose in Rome to Norway. Most probably Ukraine will be the best 3rd place and/or Croatia will end up 2nd.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
A point deduction is a punishment and I see no reason why would it suddenly stop being counted. It's just a 1 point removed from their total points no matter how you count them. The fact that this one point is costing them a ready ticket for Euros is just a part of this punishment. Maybe this will teach the culprits something.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
So strange. Holland, despite their cockyness, have had decades of quality football. And it was always good to watch. A fine balance between style, passing and offensive mind.

Today where most nations are absolute crap, several of the previous holland teams that came close but never won, would easely demolish current opposition.

Im happy I can support juve and see them in the azzurri, or I would completely lose my interest in football.

Coppa america was also nice tbh.

"Yellow card=get up and move on" fucking ace.

Not this faggot ass diving

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
So strange. Holland, despite their cockyness, have had decades of quality football. And it was always good to watch. A fine balance between style, passing and offensive mind.

Today where most nations are absolute crap, several of the previous holland teams that came close but never won, would easely demolish current opposition.

Im happy I can support juve and see them in the azzurri, or I would completely lose my interest in football.

Coppa america was also nice tbh.

"Yellow card=get up and move on" fucking ace.

Not this faggot ass diving

Your interest in football is low when Belgium, for the first time in 100+ years, actually has an incredible team?

As for Holland.. They will bounce back. Too much of a football culture there. The Netherlands are a rather small country though, they were bound to hit a rough patch at some point. In fact it's incredible that they've done so well for decades.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Your interest in football is low when Belgium, for the first time in 100+ years, actually has an incredible team?

As for Holland.. They will bounce back. Too much of a football culture there. The Netherlands are a rather small country though, they were bound to hit a rough patch at some point. In fact it's incredible that they've done so well for decades.
Speaking of Belgium, I don't know how their team performed 70's or 80's but they have one hell of a squad today. That team is one balanced scary team.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Speaking of Belgium, I don't know how their team performed 70's or 80's but they have one hell of a squad today. That team is one balanced scary team.
They reached the final of Euro 1980 and the last four of the WC 1986. Other than that nothing special. If we beat Isreal tomorrow we'll be no.1 on the FIFA's World Ranking. I agree that the system is a bit flawed, but still, we have a very decent team.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I really like the Belgium squad. As individuals they are easily better than most of the traditional top teams in Europe. Not only the fact that they have quite a few top players but they have a lot of depth too. Let's see if they can actually create a good team out of them.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I really like the Belgium squad. As individuals they are easily better than most of the traditional top teams in Europe. Not only the fact that they have quite a few top players but they have a lot of depth too. Let's see if they can actually create a good team out of them.
Problem is weak fullbacks. I like Vertonghen and Alderweireld as central defenders, but going forward as fullbacks they are clearly lacking. Because we tend to hog the ball, we need creativity coming from those positions and right now we don't have that. We also need to work on getting Hazard, De Bruyne and Mertens to function better together.

Strictly as individuals I think we have possibly the most talented side in Europe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)