Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (3 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Oh and im sure the English media will go back to overhyping Belgium, now that their team is gone. They are like EPL's darling team right now. This is why i want Belgium to fail.

- - - Updated - - -

I am English-Italian, I don't really get why people hate their own NTs but that's up to them. Ours is a joke.
:D

Dint know you actually support them :D

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Oh and im sure the English media will go back to overhyping Belgium, now that their team is gone. They are like EPL's darling team right now. This is why i want Belgium to fail.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll follow England and Italy in anything. Whisper it quietly but even the Taffys.

BTW it's kind of funny but the English media seem to love this Italy team, mostly because it's everything theirs isn't. And of course Conte is on the Chelski bench next season so he's now relevant.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I am English-Italian, I don't really get why people hate their own NTs but that's up to them. Ours is a joke.
Hating your own NT is always ridiculous. You don't have to be the biggest fan and nationalism is sort of stupid anyway, but most of your friends and family members will share your nationality and in a sense the NT represents all of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Do English media hype us? I don't really take notice. I did see la gazzetta going on and on about how strong we were, but that was because we faced Italy imo.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Spain beat Italy 3 times in the last 8 yrs, before that, they hadn't beaten Italy for 88 freaking yrs and there were people who were saying Spain is Italy's kryptonite :shifty:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Spain beat Italy 3 times in the last 8 yrs, before that, they hadn't beaten Italy for 88 freaking yrs and there were people who were saying Spain is Italy's kryptonite :shifty:
With the best Spain team of all time against an increasingly weak Italian selection (post-WC 2006). Yeah, great stuff.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
With the best Spain team of all time against an increasingly weak Italian selection (post-WC 2006). Yeah, great stuff.
Torres referred to the shootout in 2008 as the defining moment for Spain. If they could beat Italy (and go beyond the quarters), they could beat anyone.

Spain have never liked playing Italy.

Jun 6, 2015
Conte has again shown what a difference a good coach can make. He was greatly ridiculed for his selections but pretty much all of them have proved to be right, it's a team game after all. I can only imagine how crazy the English media would have gone had they fielded something similar to Italy in terms of talent but the fact is they would have probably been better off.

Forster
Smalling Stones Bertrand
Carrick
Clyne Milner Drinkwater Baines
Vardy Deeney​

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I heard that something like 98% of their population watched the game last night, and I presume the others were probably fishermen :D

- - - Updated - - -

The best of the fallout:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)