Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (13 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Belgium won against 3 teams who in their combined selection have 1 top class player, who is allmost 35 and decaying.

Wilmots should send flowers to Conte for kicking them in the MUCH easyer knockout section, whilst kicking out two of belgium's worst 3 opponents.

- - - Updated - - -

Its harder to make Neymar, Suarez, Messi and Iniesta play togheter, then gerrard, lampard and Scholes.

England had a horrible streak of decisions when it came to coaches.
John O Shea is already 35 :confused:

Buy on AliExpress.com

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
The man has quite a good point tbh. They make loads of cash they dont deserve, compared to what players earn that are actually good.
Of course, still funny to hear. :D

Not sure if this was posted:

Ivan Rakitic believes Croatia were the best team at Euro 2016 after last-gasp Portugal defeat

Croatia’s Ivan Rakitic claimed the best team were going home after his side lost to Portugal in extra-time on Saturday night.

“The best team is going home,” he said.

“[Portugal] have beaten us without doing anything. Nobody even knew they were here.

“It seems like a lie... but football is sometimes more complicated than it seems.”

Croatia struggled to create chances in a game that rarely ticked above the mediocre.

But after their impressive group phase, Rakitic suggested that his side had gained plenty of admirers.

“We’ve won the respect of all of Europe in this competition,” he said.

True Xavi's heir. :howler:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
He's not wrong in that Croatia played the best football, but they deserved to go home for their game against Portugal.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Of course, still funny to hear. :D

Not sure if this was posted:

Ivan Rakitic believes Croatia were the best team at Euro 2016 after last-gasp Portugal defeat

Croatia’s Ivan Rakitic claimed the best team were going home after his side lost to Portugal in extra-time on Saturday night.

“The best team is going home,” he said.

“[Portugal] have beaten us without doing anything. Nobody even knew they were here.

“It seems like a lie... but football is sometimes more complicated than it seems.”

Croatia struggled to create chances in a game that rarely ticked above the mediocre.

But after their impressive group phase, Rakitic suggested that his side had gained plenty of admirers.

“We’ve won the respect of all of Europe in this competition,” he said.

True Xavi's heir. :howler:
Truth is they done fucked it up.

All they had to do was take the team that went against spain, and bring Modric and Mandzukic back into the team.

However, they choose to significantly alter their tactics, which neutered the team, and allowed portugal to hold out

They should have kept the same team, but bring in Modric and Mandzukic like :

Subasic

Srna - Corluka - Jedvaj - Vrsjalko

---Rog---Modric
------Rakitic

Pjaka--------Peresic
-----Mandzukic

Instead, they clipped their wings and got rekt

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The man has quite a good point tbh. They make loads of cash they dont deserve, compared to what players earn that are actually good.
They earn what people want to give them. It's not about deserving. They play football. They 'deserve' a slightly higher than average wage because they are away from home all the time and that ought to be compensated. You could say they 'deserve' more because they can make people happy, but then they're doing what they like doing anyway.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
@Zacheryah

Tell me what you thought about Italy's performance against Belgium? They destroyed those Gucci Handbag wearing motherfuckers, didn't they?
I wouldn't say it before, but I'm very happy we got trashed. Served us right for our pussy tactics and weak mentality. I think it'll prove vital for improving our team.

We are still weak mentally and will need a lot of luck, but I'm doing my best to convince the Gods. Osman must be punished. I want them to see that.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
@Zacheryah

Tell me what you thought about Italy's performance against Belgium? They destroyed those Gucci Handbag wearing motherfuckers, didn't they?
Belgium should send flowers to Conte.

The defeat kicked belgium towards the piss-easy knockouts
They knocked out Spain, who would rape belgium completely
They forced croatia to beat spain to avoid italy, which made them cocky and resulted in silly tactical stupidity against portugal, and knocked out aswel

If they also take the germans out, italy will literally have had a direct or indirect hand in kicking out the 3 teams that are by far the worst for belgium.

- - - Updated - - -

They earn what people want to give them. It's not about deserving. They play football. They 'deserve' a slightly higher than average wage because they are away from home all the time and that ought to be compensated. You could say they 'deserve' more because they can make people happy, but then they're doing what they like doing anyway.
When comparing the fee's of players relative to how they perform, they are grossly overpaid. Overhyped. Overrated. And overly cocky.

Making people happy how ? They didnt do shit in europe and embarassed themselves against iceland.

seriously, we probably got more professional football players in certain downs then iceland as a whole :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Belgium should send flowers to Conte.

The defeat kicked belgium towards the piss-easy knockouts
They knocked out Spain, who would rape belgium completely
They forced croatia to beat spain to avoid italy, which made them cocky and resulted in silly tactical stupidity against portugal, and knocked out aswel

If they also take the germans out, italy will literally have had a direct or indirect hand in kicking out the 3 teams that are by far the worst for belgium.
And then we'll beat Italy in the final. Grazie!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Desailly.. I get that he is confident about Iceland and frankly I feel France will win it easily, but you have to treat an opponent with some respect.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Meunier signing for PSG and Batshuayi for Chelsea two days before one of Belgium's biggest games ever really annoys me. Can't the fuckers wait one week?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)