Euro 2012 LIVE (55 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Unfortunately Ramos raped in the final.

Spain deserved the win and were in red hot form in the final but that doesn't negate the fact that Prandelli still cops a lot of blame here. He was so tactically out-manoeuvred before and during the game that it'll take his grandchildren's grandchildren decades of research and study to figure out what actually happened.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
:agree: By 10 minutes in, it was easy to see that there was no way they would get into the game, they just literally looked out of it and hugely fatigued.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
italy was pretty unlucky... i mean no one doubts that spain has the better squad. but the 120 mins vs england and the hard game against germany were too much with only 3 days rest. plus they also had their fair share of injuries. chiellini barzagli motta all had their problems. and then some tactical mistakes by prandelli. and things really did not get their way. every freaking ball went back to spain. it was clear from the first minute that this is just spains night and everything went against italy. man i hate losing finals.....

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I thought Spain started the way Germany did. The difference was that Italy's blunders didn't result in scores and they made a surprise comeback by capitalizing on their chances. The opposite on both counts happened against Spain.

---------- Post added 02.07.2012 at 07:03 ----------

that's called being behind 2-0 with 30min to go.
More like 40, and the sub is... Motta? :wth:

UEFA Team of the Tournament

Goalkeepers:
Gianluigi Buffon (Italy), Iker Casillas (Spain), Manuel Neuer (Germany)

Defenders:
Gerard Pique (Spain), Fabio Coentrao (Portugal), Philipp Lahm (Germany), Pepe (Portugal), Sergio Ramos (Spain), Jordi Alba (Spain)

Midfielders:
Daniele De Rossi (Italy), Steven Gerrard (England), Xavi (Spain), Andres Iniesta (Spain), Sami Khedira (Germany), Sergio Busquets (Spain), Mesut Ozil (Germany), Andrea Pirlo (Italy), Xabi Alonso (Spain)

Attackers:
Mario Balotelli (Italy), Cesc Fabregas (Spain), Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal), Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Sweden), David Silva (Spain).

Golden Boot:
Fernando Torres (Spain)

Player of the tournament:
Andres Iniesta (Spain)

---------- Post added 02.07.2012 at 13:41 ----------

It's such a joke that Iniesta was awarded player of the tournament...

Pirlo>Ramos>someone else>Iniesta
It's an even bigger joke that the winner of the Golden Boot isn't even listed among the Team of the Tournament. How f'ed up is that? :lol:

mondo1

May 14, 2006
I thought Spain started the way Germany did. The difference was that Italy's blunders didn't result in scores and they made a surprise comeback by capitalizing on their chances. The opposite on both counts happened against Spain.

---------- Post added 02.07.2012 at 07:03 ----------

More like 40, and the sub is... Motta? :wth:

It's an even bigger joke that the winner of the Golden Boot isn't even listed among the Team of the Tournament. How f'ed up is that? :lol:
yap even being 2:0 down i had a feeling italy could still comeback. and it looked like they also belived in it. they had some good chances with corners or shots outside the box. too bad di natale chocked again on international level. i didn't get the motta sub but well its pretty easy now to blame prandelli.... it was just not meant to be
but god forbid that i see juve lose another final.... i am sick of it...

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Marchisio should of been in that list really don't know how they can put Gerrard ahead of him and Pirlo was definatly player of the tournament but Iniesta was good too and won the comp so whatever.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Fatigue is an excuse. It's a cup final, they had a couple of days rest and should've been up for it.
Doesn't even make sense. Excuse, reason, term it how you want.

And anyway, when did excuse become such a negative word? I seem to read that a lot on forums. It's a means for explaining things, not a cop out.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Marchisio should of been in that list really don't know how they can put Gerrard ahead of him and Pirlo was definatly player of the tournament but Iniesta was good too and won the comp so whatever.
I guess I disagree. Marchisio played a fine tournament, but not good enough to be on the team of the tournament. Gerrard was crucial to England and he pretty much gave them a place in the quarters.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011

the difference from germany is that spain had a defense and fast counter attacks and long balls to balo didn't work

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
what did prandelli hoped with that change? how can you switch to a dm that was terrible in the first match against spain? motta is like our motta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)