Euro 2012 LIVE (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Prandelli putting Motta on was amateur. He would have made no difference and there was too much time left to use your last sub. Dimanti or Giovinco would've been a better idea.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Prandelli putting Motta on was amateur. He would have made no difference and there was too much time left to use your last sub. Dimanti or Giovinco would've been a better idea.
First of all, Prandelli is no Conte. Let me just say that for starters.

Second of all, burn up all three subs before the 55th minute? WTF is that?

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Well what can I say...Italy proved everyone (mostly everyone) wrong and although the final result was disappointing, the entire tournament can been seen as a great positive for Italians and Italian football. All our Juve boys played very well and they shouldn't take the loss too hard as they had very little rest and were forced to play in a formation that probably wasn't the right choice in the end...though hindsight is always 20/20.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
have prandelli won anything at club level? the final proved that he just don't have that winning mentality; seriously, anyone that know a thing about football knew that the only way for italy to at very least hold spain was to use the 3-5-2 and yet he did almost the same like conte did in coppa final, that is didn't take the final seriously and prepared the team based on sentimentality than rationality...

I can accept what conte did in coppa final, but to do that on major international tournament final? :sergio: better walked out from the game and gave spain 3-0 win for free.

PieroKing

May 9, 2006
Wouldnt help if they played 3-5-2.

Remember that Portugal played with only 3 CM vs. Spain, and with Ronaldo, Nani and Almeida as offensive players. They almost played better and got to PKs.

Italy were simply exhausted - physically and mentally. Thats it.

BlanquiNegro

Mar 28, 2006
Spain is the best team in the world, hate to say that, and they simply were in their best form in the final
Italy reached the final and they were completely exhausted
Injuries , Chill and Motta and playing with 10 players with 35 min remainig
All are very rational reasons to expect and except the defeat

Spain is the best team, but the gap between them and the rest is not that big as some might think
Spain suffered against Italy in the first clash, suffered against Croatia, suffered against Port and to be honest, they won
because of that stupid chance missed by CR in the last minute and bad Port luck in penalties

They are good but not undefeatable, this is for sure
While in the other hand , all the credit should be given to Italy and their coach, they have been changed and announced it clearly during the tournment
we are back

sorry for my bad english

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
UEFA Team of the Tournament

Goalkeepers:
Gianluigi Buffon (Italy), Iker Casillas (Spain), Manuel Neuer (Germany)

Defenders:
Gerard Pique (Spain), Fabio Coentrao (Portugal), Philipp Lahm (Germany), Pepe (Portugal), Sergio Ramos (Spain), Jordi Alba (Spain)

Midfielders:
Daniele De Rossi (Italy), Steven Gerrard (England), Xavi (Spain), Andres Iniesta (Spain), Sami Khedira (Germany), Sergio Busquets (Spain), Mesut Ozil (Germany), Andrea Pirlo (Italy), Xabi Alonso (Spain)

Attackers:
Mario Balotelli (Italy), Cesc Fabregas (Spain), Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal), Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Sweden), David Silva (Spain).

Golden Boot:
Fernando Torres (Spain)

Player of the tournament:
Andres Iniesta (Spain)

---------- Post added 02.07.2012 at 13:41 ----------

It's such a joke that Iniesta was awarded player of the tournament...

Pirlo>Ramos>someone else>Iniesta

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
UEFA Team of the Tournament

Goalkeepers:
Gianluigi Buffon (Italy), Iker Casillas (Spain), Manuel Neuer (Germany)

Defenders:
Gerard Pique (Spain), Fabio Coentrao (Portugal), Philipp Lahm (Germany), Pepe (Portugal), Sergio Ramos (Spain), Jordi Alba (Spain)

Midfielders:
Daniele De Rossi (Italy), Steven Gerrard (England), Xavi (Spain), Andres Iniesta (Spain), Sami Khedira (Germany), Sergio Busquets (Spain), Mesut Ozil (Germany), Andrea Pirlo (Italy), Xabi Alonso (Spain)

Attackers:
Mario Balotelli (Italy), Cesc Fabregas (Spain), Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal), Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Sweden), David Silva (Spain).

Golden Boot:
Fernando Torres (Spain)

Player of the tournament:
Andres Iniesta (Spain)

---------- Post added 02.07.2012 at 13:41 ----------

It's such a joke that Iniesta was awarded player of the tournament...

Pirlo>Ramos>someone else>Iniesta
How are this awarded ? By performance in the euro ?
If so i didn't see much from gerard and fabregas in the attackers group :lol:

Player of the tournament was always between pirlo and iniesta , i would have given it to pirlo but the difference is close and he won the tournament so it is not to be surprised

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
How are this awarded ? By performance in the euro ?
If so i didn't see much from gerard and fabregas in the attackers group :lol:

Player of the tournament was always between pirlo and iniesta , i would have given it to pirlo but the difference is close and he won the tournament so it is not to be surprised
Yes, by the performances in the Euros. Meh, I don't think Iniesta was the player of the tournament. He was good, but he wasn't as good as Pirlo was for Italy. And I thought Ramos was better than Iniesta as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)