Euro 2012 LIVE (51 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itztli

'Curious'
May 12, 2011
They are already the best team of all time. Even if one never watched them, the fact that they won every possible big trophy in the last 4 years without conceding a SINGLE GOAL in the 10 knock-out matches, would be enough to proclaim them the best of all time. And it's not even over for them. Only Xavi, Xabi and Iker are 30 or older.
I was assuming that they would go the route of France after they won the 98 WC and the 00 EC, but with this win, even I've got to look in awe. They'll most likely win 2014 in Brazil as well becauseof their still young side. And I don't know any team, now or in the future that can go toe to toe with this side.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
prandelli didn't you saw it with chili 2 years ago
if you go attacking against spain you get killed
second, thirth and fourth are just counters of spain
dumb ass prandelli
you should defend against spain.
It's not like Prandelli attacked them. Spain pushed Italy into their box until they scored the opener. After that it was normal for Italy to attack, being a goal down and all that.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
If Germany stop choking they are a chance but their defence is suspect. Spain came very close in this tournament to losing it. Don't forget that.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
If Germany stop choking they are a chance but their defence is suspect. Spain came very close in this tournament to losing it. Don't forget that.
germany should get a new coach who knows how to create a defensive phase and knows how to choose his men

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
You can't have it all. Either you want Italy to beat "loser" Germany or you need Germany to provide credible opposition to Spain.

---------- Post added 01.07.2012 at 23:17 ----------

Anyway, I guess all that talk about the Spanish NT being irrelevant and they want nothing more than to desert and play for Catalunya is very much over with. :p

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
It's not like Prandelli attacked them. Spain pushed Italy into their box until they scored the opener. After that it was normal for Italy to attack, being a goal down and all that.
italy fully pressed on spain right before the 2-0 and simply got outplayed. at that point italy should just try to defend the 1-0 till ht and then after half time go pressuring again.
that was a very dumb move of prandelli
1-0 in ht or 2-0 in ht makes a huge different.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
italy fully pressed on spain right before the 2-0 and simply got outplayed. at that point italy should just try to defend the 1-0 till ht and then after half time go pressuring again.
That 2nd goal was just silly. Alba started his run in his own half. Bonucci should have picked him up.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
What were you gonna do in his place? Spain simply gave the ball to Italy and refused to play it. The Italians had two options - to pass the ball back to Spain, which would have then passed it back to Italy, or to attack by paying attention to the defense. It's not true that Italy went fully in attack after the first goal. On the contrary. Italy had more than 4 players in the final third only after corner kicks. Spain were of course waiting for counters and the one they played for the 2nd goal was mostly a really bad defending from the Bonucci-Barzagli duo.

As for the last two goals, Italy were defending with 9 men the 2:0 result. They realized that it's over after Motta's injury and they only played to avoid catastrophe. I have no idea where did you see full attack from Prandelli there.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
What were you gonna do in his place? Spain simply gave the ball to Italy and refused to play it. The Italians had two options - to pass the ball back to Spain, which would have then passed it back to Italy, or to attack by paying attention to the defense. It's not true that Italy went fully in attack after the first goal. On the contrary. Italy had more than 4 players in the final third only after corner kicks. Spain were of course waiting for counters and the one they played for the 2nd goal was mostly a really bad defending from the Bonucci-Barzagli duo.

As for the last two goals, Italy were defending with 9 men the 2:0 result. They realized that it's over after Motta's injury and they only played to avoid catastrophe. I have no idea where did you see full attack from Prandelli there.
well, defense is the best attack (Serie A version of the popular saying), so there you go :p

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
you should take a break from the trolling, 7 of our guys on the pitch took a huge a blow today.
oh, so now you guys are including the Milan players on the team ;)

I am not trolling, just trying to cheer myself up as I actually wanted Italy to win

---------- Post added 01.07.2012 at 15:41 ----------

Btw, thank you for all your input during the tourney :tup:
:tup:

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
it was too many factors that just werent in italys favour. the most important beeing how tired italy was from the start. Spain had an extra day of rest and also easier matches. I hate the tika-taka football, and find it booring as hell. i understand how it is effective especially in a tournament like euro. Imo it should simply not be allowed to pass the ball back as often as spain and barca do. in other sports like handball its a rule that prevents passive play, as it ruins the sport. If all teams started playing like barca/spain, football would suck so much. Just fuck spain!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)