Euro 2012 LIVE (45 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
@acmilan

Final game, this is it.

I'm leaning towards a 0-0 draw on 90 mins, 1-1 is possible but I think 0-0 Is likelier.

I could also see an outside possibility of Italy or Spain (particularly Spain) winning it 1-0 in 90 mins.

Thoughts?
trying to predict this one is a shot in the dark really but I agree that a draw 0-0, 1-1 are the most likely outcomes ... 0-0 if Spain start w/o a striker, as they will likely do ... next in order is 1-0 for Spain as I think they wold have a better chance in scoring late in a game that is headed towards a draw.
Won't be a high-scoring game, imo, unless Italy score first ... if that were to happen, then all bets are off.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
:agree:

with the midget front 3, Spain has more cover and ball possession, even if they have virtually no penetration, making it tough to score on them. Italy's best shot would be to score first and as early as possible as that would play into their favourite tactical approach and make them very dangerous on the counter. The more the game progresses without a goal, with a fresh Torres in, Spain would have the advantage, imo.
Without a striker spain would never score and will probably lose , i don't understand this " torres in the late stage is more dangerous "

The reason why torres is dangerous is because he is a striker and moves like a striker , the other spanish players are middfielders and are to no threat to the italian defenders , torres should start so the spanish would be dangerous through all the match

If del bosque starts with , iniesta , fabregas/negredo , da silva and a middfield of xavi , busquests , alonso chances of spain losing become very high

if he plays pedro , torres , da silva and xavi , alonso , iniesta spain will win .
Without strikers spain is very sterile , also pedro gives much more movement in attack which will create much more problems to the italian defense , same with iniesta in midffield , he gives much more movement in comparision of the duo busquets/alonso , one of them should definetly stay on the bench . If he wants he can also play iniesta , torres , da silva and xavi , alonso , fabregas

You just can't play a middfield of xavi , alonso ,busquets , the last 2 are both very static , what they need is more movement that would also make xavi's job easier in finding the right passes

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I hope Italy score inside the opening 25 minutes, double their tally early in the 2'nd half. Spain pull one back in the 65'th minute, Italy hit them on the counter in the 77'th, and Spain grab a consolation in the 89'th minute.

Italy 3 - Spain 2 would be an epic final. However, I'm anticipating a cagey affair.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Without a striker spain would never score and will probably lose , i don't understand this " torres in the late stage is more dangerous "

The reason why torres is dangerous is because he is a striker and moves like a striker , the other spanish players are middfielders and are to no threat to the italian defenders , torres should start so the spanish would be dangerous through all the match

If del bosque starts with , iniesta , fabregas/negredo , da silva and a middfield of xavi , busquests , alonso chances of spain losing become very high

if he plays pedro , torres , da silva and xavi , alonso , iniesta spain will win .
Without strikers spain is very sterile , also pedro gives much more movement in attack which will create much more problems to the italian defense , same with iniesta in midffield , he gives much more movement in comparision of the duo busquets/alonso , one of them should definetly stay on the bench . If he wants he can also play iniesta , torres , da silva and xavi , alonso , fabregas

You just can't play a middfield of xavi , alonso ,busquets , they are both very static , what they need is more movement that would also make xavi's job easier in finding the right passes
there is nothing to understand - it's simple math: a fresh and fast striker, who'd provide pretty good penetration vs tired defenders is a no-brainer :p

without a striker Spain may not have much of a chance to score early but that will provide them also with very good chances of not conceding - more ball possession, better cover, etc, etc and they will still get their chances to score too. Introducing Torres later on would shift the game in their favor, imo.

Don't forget this is a final and it would be a tactical battle - risking it from the very beginning is not only unlikely to happen but would also be deemed unwise by either coach, no matter what they say in the pre-game interviews. I think caution will prevail in the end (especially with Germany as a fresh reminder) and the longer the game goes on w/o Italy (or either team) scoring, the more that would play into the hands of Spain.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
This match is about fitness level and making the right subs.

Spain have the advantage. They have a working plan B for them Navas who can stretch play and Torres.

Italy lack good options from the bench and have no real plan B.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
This match is about fitness level and making the right subs.

Spain have the advantage. They have a working plan B for them Navas who can stretch play and Torres.

Italy lack good options from the bench and have no real plan B.
italy's plan A is pretty good , on the other hand spain's plan B is better than plan A :D

---------- Post added 01.07.2012 at 14:41 ----------

No way, Llorente is far better.
:disagree:
Llorente is worse and will never reach the level of torres

---------- Post added 01.07.2012 at 14:45 ----------

there is nothing to understand - it's simple math: a fresh and fast striker, who'd provide pretty good penetration vs tired defenders is a no-brainer :p

without a striker Spain may not have much of a chance to score early but that will provide them also with very good chances of not conceding - more ball possession, better cover, etc, etc and they will still get their chances to score too. Introducing Torres later on would shift the game in their favor, imo.

Don't forget this is a final and it would be a tactical battle - risking it from the very beginning is not only unlikely to happen but would also be deemed unwise by either coach, no matter what they say in the pre-game interviews. I think caution will prevail in the end (especially with Germany as a fresh reminder) and the longer the game goes on w/o Italy (or either team) scoring, the more that would play into the hands of Spain.
didn't they try the same on the first match ?
they did and conceded one goal and also risked getting 2 others , that aproach failed and has pratically failed through all their matches until now , they have failed to show anything good with that aproach

llorente is like ibrahimovic
Ibra >>>>>>>>>>>> Llorente

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
italy's plan A is pretty good , on the other hand spain's plan B is better than plan A :D

---------- Post added 01.07.2012 at 14:41 ----------

:disagree:
Llorente is worse and will never reach the level of torres

didn't they try the same on the first match ?
they did and conceded one goal and also risked getting 2 others , that aproach failed and has pratically failed through all their matches until now , they have failed to show anything good with that aproach

Ibra >>>>>>>>>>>> Llorente
You obviously haven't seen Llorente play.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
The approach only failed to show exciting football, but thanks to that approach is that they only have conceded just once in the whole tourney.
true , but they also went to penaltys in the semis and risked until the 85' of the last match to not pass the group

---------- Post added 01.07.2012 at 15:13 ----------

You obviously haven't seen Llorente play.
i have seen him play
If Llorente is on sea level Torres is kilimanxharo and ibra is mount everest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)