Euro 2012 LIVE (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
when i watched the game yesterday after a couple of beers in fanzone i was sure Balzarettis hand was the reason Germans got PK and now watching highlights i see that the ball hit Barzaglis hand first :lol:

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
sorry for having a real life :p

just saw that on facebook and wanted to share it ... never mind ;)

funny thing is:

if you speak to germans they will tell you that they had chances to score as well. if you dig deeper and ask what chances they tell you about the nearly own goals and that they scored a penalty. in what universe does a team deserve praise for another team nearly scoring an own goal ? ha ha ha how desperate can you be ? just imagine the defender clearing a corner be heading it over the own cross bar and the other team claiming after the game that they had chances by themselves, because the defenders header could have also gone into the own goal and that would have made them win ... LOL

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
Spain have 1 way of playing and against less tactically inclined teams they can get away with it because the opponent will never be able to stop them but Italy has found a way to so called stop them from their team play and in turn Spain can only rely on their technical abilities and the hope that their opposition will make a mental mistake EI giacc losing fabregas in the group game. Italy need a flawless mental game in the final which is something I know they can go and I am confident they will smother them in the midfield just like they did against Germany. I've never seen a tactically sound team like prandellis Italy while still being able to attack more consistently then a so called counter team. I'm obviously worried of Spain's individual talent but Italy as a team is quite something to watch and I believe Italy will unfold Spain. Let's hope they can do another 90minutes of that bend but not break mentality like against Germany. Forza Italian

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Bezzy.

she also said Italy were nothing special
Did she? I didn't say Italy are nothing special. They certainly didn't outlay Spain.

---------- Post added 30.06.2012 at 12:19 ----------

They did in the first half, but clearly couldn't go on like that the entire game.
We are looking at the whole match. Pretty even if you ask me.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
It was even indeed. I won't look at the stats because they can easily give a wrong story. Spain had more possession, more shots on/off target and corners, but that says nothing because so did Germany against Italy and we know that a 3:0 win for Italy would have been fair. But just by watching that Italy-Spain match it was clear that both teams had parts of the match when they controlled the play and created chances. Italy had Balotelli's chance, Di Natale's chance after Seba's cross, while Spain also had 1 on 1's with Torres. The match could have gone anywhere, but 1:1 was a really fair result. Italy deserved to win all the other matches, including the ones they failed to win against Croatia and England, but against Spain it was a fair draw. That's why I previously said that Spain is the team that created the most problems to Italy so far in the tournament. And it's nothing strange. They are afterall the holding EC and WC champs. But the fact that Italy matched them and even forced the Spanish stars to complain about the pitch and other trivial things, gives Italy a strong hope for the final.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I would say that one of the main reasons this Euro was dissapointing and boring, was because of the lack of quality of forwards.
Finishers in particularly. They were really deluded by the excessive use of midfielders over forwards.
With Portugal and Spain as prime examples.

And although for Spain this abuse can be tolerate because they happen to sustain the best midfielders of Europe, in their mixt of Barca and Real players, it will give a bad message in the European football, as many clubs will try to imitate that and they will fail miserably as they dont have Xavis and Iniestas.
However this boring football will harm their fans and the opposition anyways.

I hope now more than ever that Italy will punish them, with a half a chance goal, done by a more prolific, than their creative midfielders, forward!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I would say that one of the main reasons this Euro was dissapointing and boring, was because of the lack of quality of forwards.
Finishers in particularly. They were really deluded by the excessive use of midfielders over forwards.
With Portugal and Spain as prime examples.

And although for Spain this abuse can be tolerate because they happen to sustain the best midfielders of Europe, in their mixt of Barca and Real players, it will give a bad message in the European football, as many clubs will try to imitate that and they will fail miserably as they dont have Xavis and Iniestas.
However this boring football will harm their fans and the opposition anyways.

I hope now more than ever that Italy will punish them, with a half a chance goal, done by a more prolific, than their creative midfielders, forward!
Like Balotelli?

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Did she? I didn't say Italy are nothing special. They certainly didn't outlay Spain.

---------- Post added 30.06.2012 at 12:19 ----------

We are looking at the whole match. Pretty even if you ask me.
It was indeed even. Spain might play some boring football, but they have really dominanted the most matches. I think they will win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)