Euro 2012 LIVE (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Tactical first half in Croatia-Spain, without a single chance. Spain with all the possession but Croatia are holding well at the back. Still, we can not make a single counter.
0:0 is bad for both teams. Croatia will be eliminated and Spain will be 2nd in the group. That's why I expect a more open football in the second half.
Which most probably would lead the match to end in a 2-2 :D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Any chance of Spain getting beaten?
Slim chances.
If Croatia continues playing hyper defensive and then score from a counter. But Croatia knows that 0:0 will mean elimination and I doubt they'll continue playing catenaccio for much longer. Plus, in the first 45 minutes we made only one counter which ended with a very weak shot from Pranjic.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
And what happens if Spain and Croatia draw 1-1?
what ice said - if Spain-Croatia finishes 1-1, then all 3 teams will have 5 pts and 2-2 GD in the games between them. In that case the overall goal diff in the group matters (from all 3 games even the ones vs Ireland) and Italy needs to beat Ireland by 2+ goals and score at least 3 goals.

At 3-1 for Italy, Italy and Croatia will have everything even (gd 5-3 for each) but then Italy's higher Uefa coefficient will break the tie in favor of Italy.

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
I heard on the radio that if Croatia - Spain end in a 2-2 draw or more (3 - 3 and so on) they both go through.

Just saw the replays, Croatia should have had a pen

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Which most probably would lead the match to end in a 2-2 :D
they wouldn't need that, imo - considering how hard it is for Italy to keep up the tempo in the 2nd half too and thus score goals, a 1-1 in the Spain-Croatia game would put both of those teams thru and put Italy out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)