Euro 2012 LIVE (26 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
Portugal probably has a better team than the Dutch.

Stekelenburg is just a bit better than Portugal's keeper IMO. Joao pereira isn't any good but van der wiel is worse.

Pepe, Alves and Coentrao are also miles ahead of Hetinga, Mathijsen and Willems.

I'd say a trio of Veloso Moutinho and Meireles (though I'd play someone else) has a little edge over.. say, MVB, De Jong and Sneijder. If van der vaart plays the dutch MF will be better.

Robben is one of the best players in the world but he comes against Ronaldo who's even better than him (plus, both are out of form) and Nani is miles better than Afellay and Kuyt. Van Persie is obviously vastly superior to Postiga.

Of course that's just on paper, anyway I think Portugal will edge it or get a draw.

Portugal 2-1 Holland (maybe even 1-0 or 2-0, the Dutch can't finish for their lives in this euro)

Germany will win by a one or two goals margin if they play their "B" team which still is full of talent in the likes of Klose, Reus, Kross and Gotze.

Germany 2-0 Denmark
@acmilan thoughts?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I disagree about Portugal's midfield. Regardless of their poor performances in the tournament, both V.Bommel and De Jong are extremely solid defensive midfielders, the former has had a very good career, and despite the fact that i hate his guts, i think he's very underrated, theres a reason why he played for all those big teams, and why managers always like having him in their team.

A midfield of V.Bommel and De Jong, add to them Sneider are stronger than Portugal's midfield imo. Veloso is a decent player, but has been overrated for ages, he's just a rich man's D'Agostino imo. I don't see much of J.Moutinho, but he doesn't seem like more than just a decent player, R.Meireles is decent as well, but none of them are half as good as Sneider, and none are as strong defensively as V.Bommel or De Jong.

That being said, they are of course performing a lot better than Holland's midfield duo, who have been really poor this tournament.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Germany haven't beaten Denmark in a competitive fixture since 1996; moreover, it was the Danes who defeated the Germans against all odds to life the trophy in 92!

Denmark 1 - Germany 0 coupled with Portugal 1 - Holland 0 would send both the Dutch and the Germans home :klin: I'm not saying it's going to happen, but you never know ;)

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Portugal probably has a better team than the Dutch.

Stekelenburg is just a bit better than Portugal's keeper IMO. Joao pereira isn't any good but van der wiel is worse.

Pepe, Alves and Coentrao are also miles ahead of Hetinga, Mathijsen and Willems.

I'd say a trio of Veloso Moutinho and Meireles (though I'd play someone else) has a little edge over.. say, MVB, De Jong and Sneijder. If van der vaart plays the dutch MF will be better.

Robben is one of the best players in the world but he comes against Ronaldo who's even better than him (plus, both are out of form) and Nani is miles better than Afellay and Kuyt. Van Persie is obviously vastly superior to Postiga.

Of course that's just on paper, anyway I think Portugal will edge it or get a draw.

Portugal 2-1 Holland (maybe even 1-0 or 2-0, the Dutch can't finish for their lives in this euro)

Germany will win by a one or two goals margin if they play their "B" team which still is full of talent in the likes of Klose, Reus, Kross and Gotze.

Germany 2-0 Denmark
@acmilan thoughts?
Germany - Denmark: I think a 1-1 draw is a very likely result as Scandinavian teams are generally tough opponents for the Germans as they are usually tactically sound and physical. Still, a close win for Germany - 2-1 - is a bit more likely, imo, as I doubt Germany would rest any starters (they are far from being guaranteed going thru) ... I'd say 55% for a narrow Germany win vs 45% for a draw but don't think this will be a walk in the park for the German by any stretch, contrary to popular expectations.

Portugal - Holland - the battle of the perennial chokers :p - a scoring draw - 1-1 - or a win (2-1,3-1) for Holland, with Portugal scoring too. Expect the Dutch to wake up, about freaking time, and take this one.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Nani is not better than Robben, that is fucking asinine.
I agree. Nani is not better, or at least not yet, because imo Nani has still not fulfilled his potential. He's still way too inconsistent for him to be regarded as a world class winger, which he definitely has the ability to be. Theres a reason he was benched for a period of last season.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I agree. Nani is not better, or at least not yet, because imo Nani has still not fulfilled his potential. He's still way too inconsistent for him to be regarded as a world class winger, which he definitely has the ability to be. Theres a reason he was benched for a period of last season.
Really difficult to say. Nani's workrate is three times Robben's and Nani, unlike Robben, can actually change his style of playing during a game when he understands it isn't working. Robben will try the same thing over and over and over again. Robben is extremely good in two or three things, but he's an incredibly stupid and lazy player too.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Really difficult to say. Nani's workrate is three times Robben's and Nani, unlike Robben, can actually change his style of playing during a game when he understands it isn't working. Robben will try the same thing over and over and over again. Robben is extremely good in two or three things, but he's an incredibly stupid and lazy player too.
I agree, he definitely has a higher ceiling than Robben, who imo is a real choker(i do not use that term loosely), but Nani really needs to work on his consistency. United fans will tell you he is probably their most frustrating players, because they know that if he were consistent throughout a season, he'd be one of the top players in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)