Euro 2012 LIVE (27 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Dude his hand was in front of him. He saw the ball and moved his hand towards it.

---------- Post added 22.06.2012 at 23:55 ----------

I'm not going to argue about this but it looked like a penalty to me. :D

Check this replay:

sounds a lot to me like you are arguing :D

I saw the replay during the game and on the clip now too - Boaten's hand was ALWAYS there throughout the entire jump, he didn't move it towards the ball or anything but rather the ball hit his hand. Also, considering the speed of the ball and how close he was to it, no way he could impact the ball without making it look painfully obvious.

you should rewatch that same clip yourself, btw :p

---------- Post added 22.06.2012 at 15:04 ----------

He was looking at the ball. His face was turned towards the... never mind. :tup:
at the time the ball was kicked into flight and after that, Boateng had no clear view of the ball's trajectory - all he had time to see was that the player was taking a shot, that's about it ... and I think that clip shows that very clearly, actually :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juve Fanatico

Aug 20, 2010
sounds a lot to me like you are arguing :D

I saw the replay during the game and on the clip now too - Boaten's hand was ALWAYS there throughout the entire jump, he didn't move it towards the ball or anything but rather the ball hit his hand. Also, considering the speed of the ball and how close he was to it, no way he could impact the ball without making it look painfully obvious.

you should rewatch that same clip yourself, btw :p

---------- Post added 22.06.2012 at 15:04 ----------

at the time the ball was kicked into flight and after that, Boateng had no clear view of the ball's trajectory - all he had time to see was that the player was taking a shot, that's about it ... and I think that clip shows that very clearly, actually :)
Duuuude, no.

Alright, whatever. No arguments.

Wasn't a big deal anyway. :p

EDIT: The refereeing expert on Aljazeera agreed with me. :stuckup:

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
za germans delivered without any stress...they are injury free, gomez got his rest, donno what they would do without ozil though. the defence looked sharp, especially hummels. boateng helping the right flank meant a lot too. it was interesting to see schurrle and reus as starters, proving that they can start in any game, any time, especially schurrle for podo who atm didn't convinced me.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
za germans delivered without any stress...they are injury free, gomez got his rest, donno what they would do without ozil though. the defence looked sharp, especially hummels. boateng helping the right flank meant a lot too. it was interesting to see schurrle and reus as starters, proving that they can start in any game, any time, especially schurrle for podo who atm didn't convinced me.
goetze would probably play as a trequartista , agree on podolski schurrle/reus/goetze i still can't understand why lowe chooses podolski

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
gotze won't provide..he looks so unsharp...ozil can tear any defence appart, he learned a thing or two at real. they can play with cacau upfront as long as kermit plays

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Greece are like football's bed bugs.
Exactly.

Such a horrible GK. Never seen a worse than him.
True.

Favoritism my friend
No.

I know it's bad planning. My question was why such a huge organization did such bad planning :)

They wanted to make sure that teams from the same group can't meet again until the final. They achieved that with this, but they created a big problem which favors some teams.
The reasons given by acmilan. Also let's not forget UEFA and FIFA are ran by a bunch of incompetent fucks.

Ozil's class. Khedira's finish was :shocked:

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
@acmilan

Spain vs France

I'm leaning towards a 1-1 draw on 90 mins, maybe the spaniards can edge it 1-0 on regular time, don't see it being a high scoring game.

(predictions are only valid for the normal full time, ie 90 mins)

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
gotze won't provide..he looks so unsharp...ozil can tear any defence appart, he learned a thing or two at real. they can play with cacau upfront as long as kermit plays
I also think Goetze isn't ready yet for this level considering he came bac from injury just recently, iirc and didn't play for Dortmund for most if not all of the 2nd half of the Bundesliga.

w/o Ozil, I think Germany would do a Bayern and employ Kroos in midfield with Schweini and Khedira (or a more attacking version with Muller instead of Kroos) and Reus, Schurle, Podolski, Muller manning the wings.

---------- Post added 22.06.2012 at 16:29 ----------

@acmilan

Spain vs France

I'm leaning towards a 1-1 draw on 90 mins, maybe the spaniards can edge it 1-0 on regular time, don't see it being a high scoring game.

(predictions are only valid for the normal full time, ie 90 mins)
it would all depend on the starting 11 for del Bosque, for me. If he starts with 3 midget attacking mids, I can see this finish 0-0/1-1 and even a close 0-1 win for France.
If SPain starts with Torres (or a pure striker like Llorente), however, I think this will be a 2-0, 3-1 win for Spain

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Spain will win 1-0. They'll get ahead in first half and then for the rest of the game keep the ball.

And the medias around the world will celebrate them for their passing game.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Some good stuff from the Germans in that game - wish they'd won 6-0 since that would have reflected their dominance.

Thought Schweinsteiger had quite a poor game, but Khedira was much better than normal.

I'd be critical of the Greeks, but I'm really not sure what team could cope with Germany when they move off the ball as well as that.

:D

The Germans are resting a few players.
Didn't see it that way.

Klose links the play and moves better than Gomez, Schurrle has much more variety to his play than Podolski and Reus is better suited to play in small spaces than Muller due to his superior technique.

Changes made sense for playing Greece.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
Some good stuff from the Germans in that game - wish they'd won 6-0 since that would have reflected their dominance.

Thought Schweinsteiger had quite a poor game, but Khedira was much better than normal.

I'd be critical of the Greeks, but I'm really not sure what team could cope with Germany when they move off the ball as well as that.

:D

Didn't see it that way.

Klose links the play and moves better than Gomez, Schurrle has much more variety to his play than Podolski and Reus is better suited to play in small spaces than Muller due to his superior technique.

Changes made sense for playing Greece.
i don't think joki will play with the same team in the next game.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Probably not.

I thought it was the right team for playing Greece, but he's not going to get into the habit of leaving Muller out.

I could see Podolski being in some danger from Reus for the other wing spot.

Not a lot between Klose and Gomez, but would assume Klose isn't fit enough to play two games in quick succession having played so little in the last couple of months.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
I'd say the reshuffle today showed a nice bit of tactical flexibility - something a lot of managers don't do. Löw obviously is lucky to have the depth of players to do so but nevertheless it was a gutsy move.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
podo was used as a left wing, reus as a right one..not sure if he would work on the right as well but i haven't seen him on the left flank for gladbach. maybe you thought of schurrle

muller will be played cuz it's his favourite guy next to ozil.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I'd say the reshuffle today showed a nice bit of tactical flexibility - something a lot of managers don't do. Löw obviously is lucky to have the depth of players to do so but nevertheless it was a gutsy move.
Wouldn't say it was really tactical flexibility, since he was still playing the same system and looking to play in much the same way.

Like you say, he's just lucky that he has such a strong squad with lots of players he trusts.

Means he can change things just by putting in players who interpret their role a bit differently.

podo was used as a left wing, reus as a right one..not sure if he would work on the right as well but i haven't seen him on the left flank for gladbach. maybe you thought of schurrle
Nah, I did mean Reus.

He's not a winger and he doesn't try to play like one, so I don't see the side of the pitch making much difference to him.

He probably only played on the right tonight because Schurrle prefers to play from the left.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Ozil matured so much, he one of the best MF nowadays, and i know it's a strech but he reminds me of Zidane, obviously Zizou is much better, but the way Ozil moves the ball and free himself is Zidane esque.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)