Euro 2012 LIVE (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

deggen10

Jul 27, 2011
Their problems start with the incompetence of the coach.
Settle down man. Has there been an Italian team with as many deficiencies as this? We don't have the WB's to play a 3-5-2, don't have wingers to play 4-4-2, no Trequartista to play 4-3-1-2, no attacking mids to play 4-2-3-1. Every formation is a problem. Our only class creative forward is 10kg overweight and just came back from the dead. Our other best forwards are a 34 yo whose never cut it at a high level, and a 21 yo kid who is nuts. Plus the whole team is only fit enough for 50-60mins.

There isn't much more Prandelli can do tbh,

Buy on AliExpress.com

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
Settle down man. Has there been an Italian team with as many deficiencies as this? We don't have the WB's to play a 3-5-2, don't have wingers to play 4-4-2, no Trequartista to play 4-3-1-2, no attacking mids to play 4-2-3-1. Every formation is a problem. Our only class creative forward is 10kg overweight and just came back from the dead. Our other best forwards are a 34 yo whose never cut it at a high level, and a 21 yo kid who is nuts. Plus the whole team is only fit enough for 50-60mins.

There isn't much more Prandelli can do tbh,
I think Balza and Maggio are perfectly fine wingbacks. It's being fullbacks they're awful at. Cass/Gio are certainly options for the treq spot - especially when held up against fucking Motta.
Monto can play attacking mid - well it's actually the only position he's probably any good at.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Di natale was nerves as fuck tonight..
How did Giaccherini do in the 3-5-2?
played alright. especially defensively and against Croatia didn't let a cross in. offensively kept it simple didn't run much at defenders but linked well with Cassano and picked some smart low cross passes to midfielders behind the box.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
In the last 2 minutes tonight he put Negredo, iirc. He has attackers, but for a strange reason he's not using them. I still don't understand why did he take Torres off and put Navas. Even though Navas scored, Spain were even more clueless and twice less dangerous after Torres was replaced.
And have in mind that Croatia's defense is really bad. We all saw how Italy was beating it, yet Spain couldn't do shit. Italy, Germany, Portugal, France, maybe even England, stand at least 50% chances if they face Spain.
maybe they expected a 1-1 on italy's game?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I'm a little confused by the behavior of the Spanish media. I can't explain it and my only guess is that they are mad at their team for how bad it played so now they're saying that the referee helped Spain to make the quarters. Still, Spanish media to claim such a thing is a bit strange.

Marca for example claim that the referee forgave Spain two penalties: http://www.marca.com/2012/06/18/futbol/eurocopa_2012/espana/1340047580.html

The first one wasn't a penalty. I don't think it was a foul either because imo Ramos got first to the ball before fouling Mandzukic, and even the foul was a little outside the box. The second one was a 50-50. Something Barca always get penalties for, but also something for which I wouldn't give a penalty.

The Spanish media also claims that their goal was offside (it was passive offside) : https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/224863_249754715134394_1833398528_n.jpg
and there is the opinion that it was a "grand robbery from the ref who didn't give two clear penalties to Croatia and allowed an offside goal"

Even as a Croatian I don't feel we were robbed. I'm aware that if it was Spain in our place one of the "penalties" would have been given and the goal might have been called offside, but those weren't penalties and it was a passive offside. It's a mindfuck why are the Spanish acting this way.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'm a little confused by the behavior of the Spanish media. I can't explain it and my only guess is that they are mad at their team for how bad it played so now they're saying that the referee helped Spain to make the quarters. Still, Spanish media to claim such a thing is a bit strange.

Marca for example claim that the referee forgave Spain two penalties: http://www.marca.com/2012/06/18/futbol/eurocopa_2012/espana/1340047580.html

The first one wasn't a penalty. I don't think it was a foul either because imo Ramos got first to the ball before fouling Mandzukic, and even the foul was a little outside the box. The second one was a 50-50. Something Barca always get penalties for, but also something for which I wouldn't give a penalty.

The Spanish media also claims that their goal was offside (it was passive offside) : https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/224863_249754715134394_1833398528_n.jpg
and there is the opinion that it was a "grand robbery from the ref who didn't give two clear penalties to Croatia and allowed an offside goal"

Even as a Croatian I don't feel we were robbed. I'm aware that if it was Spain in our place one of the "penalties" would have been given and the goal might have been called offside, but those weren't penalties and it was a passive offside. It's a mindfuck why are the Spanish acting this way.
Not really. They're disappointed with their team. Which they should be. I thought they'd win 3-0...

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yeah, Spain was the better team even though Croatia was also impressive.
If you look at the last game, Croatia were unlucky. IMO Italy and Spain deserved to go through, but Croatia certainly had a good tournament. In the meanwhile Italy was awful against Ireland. Fortunately enough they were good against Spain and Croatia.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Yeah, Spain was the better team even though Croatia was also impressive.
Spain weren't really better. They were deliberately allowed all the possession and Croatia waited for counters. Even for much bigger and better teams than Croatia, this seems to be the only way to beat Barca/Spain. But from all the possession they had their first chance came in the 88th minute when Croatia went all attack with 3 attackers and two attacking midfielders, while in the meantime Croatia had a 100% chance, one good chance for Corluka on that penalty call situation and felt comfortable with every Spanish attack.
The Spanish now seem to be aware that in a better group they could have easily been eliminated and that is probably the reason why the media is attacking the team instead of celebrating the group win.

---------- Post added 19.06.2012 at 01:43 ----------

Btw, Seven, the much criticized mini-table rule is a big reason why Italy made the quarters ;)

Croatia would have easily kept the 0:0 if the mini-table rule didn't force us to attack.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
If you look at the last game, Croatia were unlucky. IMO Italy and Spain deserved to go through, but Croatia certainly had a good tournament. In the meanwhile Italy was awful against Ireland. Fortunately enough they were good against Spain and Croatia.
Luck is part of it and you could argue that you make your own luck. But yeah, I liked Croatia a lot. Didn't really deserve to leave empty-handed but that's how it is.

Spain weren't really better. They were deliberately allowed all the possession and Croatia waited for counters. Even for much bigger and better teams than Croatia, this seems to be the only way to beat Barca/Spain. But from all the possession they had their first chance came in the 88th minute when Croatia went all attack with 3 attackers and two attacking midfielders, while in the meantime Croatia had a 100% chance, one good chance for Corluka on that penalty call situation and felt comfortable with every Spanish attack.
The Spanish now seem to be aware that in a better group they could have easily been eliminated and that is probably the reason why the media is attacking the team instead of celebrating the group win.
Croatia had a lot of last ditch fives into the ball from what I remember. But that's not dissing them. Spain felt off tonight for sure, they should've dealt better with Croatia's counterattacks. Another night, it could've been 3-1 Croatia. But as you said, it went Spain's way. The referees aren't to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)