Euro 2012 LIVE (26 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
The moment Trap took out Robbie Keane I was really worried Ireland would score, thank God old fox was merciful and waited 85 minutes to do that.
I saw the Spain-Croatia game with one eye, mostly concentrating on Italy's match, did Spain even had any good chances apart from the goal? Livescore says they had 13 shots (8 on target) yet I struggle to remember any clear-cut chances for them.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Prandelli $#@!ed up big time, he should thank Buffon, Barzagli and Cassano for saving his ass here, he was the worst part of Italian team today. His team looked unprepared mentally, tactically out of shape and by taking off Cassano, who made everything click for Italy, he pretty much turned the game into a lottery. Today it was obvious that he has never coached a big team before, you gotta learn fast Cesare.
100% Spot on. Prandelli should learn fast and stop making the same stupid mistakes.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
There was too much pressure on them, now the games are more serious but not as stressful as the group stage especially with so many outcomes.
The pressure is always high in Italy, if there's one team that should be used to pressure, it's Italian NT, yet in the first 30 minutes of the most important game of the tournament they looked worse than Ireland.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Man,Thank God those Spaniard didnt let Croatia score a goal near the end..
So now that Italy are through,they could do well,they should.
Pirlo was terrible today,I dont know if its fatigue or because he just couldnt get the tactics being deployed by Cesare,Di Natale was unlucky to not score,very good tonight,Cassano was doing all he can,I really feel Cassano does better with 30 minutes left,I really wanna see Balo Di natale.

Marchisio and De Rossi was really good,the Juve defense and the full backs also did well,Barzagli being the best of the bunch!

Bring on England or the French,or Maybe even Ukraine,that would be fun,just like 2006,we met Ukraine in the KO stage..
Forza Azzurri!

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Anybody who thinks this Italian team will go far, is sadly mistaken. Their problems start with the incompetence of the coach. I have largely rated Prandelli but I realised he's just been a big fish in Fiorentina's pond. He's clueless at this level. His change of formation, his choice of personnel, his substitutions and their timing. The mentality he has given this team, is like the old scrappy teams of the past. I don't see the same kind of fighting mentality we saw in the Zoff and Lippi teams. Theres hardly any team spirit similar to those. I cannot understand how Motta got to play the whole match. I cannot understand how Diamanti replaced Cassano, and I certainly cannot understand how, when half of your starting 11 understand one formation, and have been successful at it, you turn things around to make them play, that too with players they haven't gelled with because of lack of playing time. His Juve base has to be his biggest clue and he's failing to use it. If the 4312 is to be used, Motta needs to be sent home, Cassano has to play trequartista behind Balo and DiNatale. There is no fucking question about it. But in truth, the only two formations he should be thinking about at this tournament are the 352 and 433. He seems a little too flexible for my liking. Its one thing to adapt and another to tinker. He's in the category of the latter and that's going to be his undoing. Also, I don't know what he told his boys at halftime but they were outplayed by Ireland, arguably the weakest side of the tournament, for as long as 30 minutes, and did not deserve to go through at that point. You cant win a tournament with that mentality. A match you need to win at all costs and by a big margin, you play for a clumsy 1-0. Horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)