Euro 2008 LIVE (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Indeed. It's a frickin travesty that this Germany team made it to the final. They stink. At any decent tournament they'd go out in the quarter finals. And the Turkey match was essentially Serie C goalkeeping on both sides, despite that it was a semi final.
They were poor indeed but the group was relatively easy as the only team other than croatia that could've made a difference were poland and if i got a few guys from the sunday game we play here we would give them a good run for their money.

That German team(coach included) played their best game against portugal and the Turks just had too many players out. The path was easier and everything was in place for that Portugal game. Its a knock out competition you just need to do well on that particular game.

But as i said before i thought the overall quality of the tournament was pretty low. There weren't many games where teams went hammering each other and some of the defenses were pretty comical.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
forget about the defenses for a second. What's up with the goalkeeping? :shocked:

Cech, Casillas, Rustu, Lehman, and others made some eye brow raising mistakes. Even Buffon almost conceded a stupid goal

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I consider goalkeeping part of a teams defending.

Anyway, some folk think a game has been great because there were goals in it. I don't enjoy goals if they are caused by bad defending, rather than good attacking.

I just want to see high quality play, whether it is by defenders or attackers.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Did anyone else think this tournament was quite poor?

The Spanish are a decent side, but the were never really tested because there was no good opposition.

In particular the quality of defending has been pretty terrible throughout.
Oh come on, that tournament was great and the Spanish defense was great.

No idea why people always complain even if they see good football out there.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
I would say that was one of the better major international tournaments in a while. It had a lot of memorable matches like Holland toying with both France and Italy, then Russia toying with Holland. I enjoyed the tension in the Italy - Spain qf aswell. Turkey's comebacks were pretty awsome. Spain's powerful display in the final, etc.

And of course, last but not least: Zlatan Ibrahimovic' two wondergoals. :touched:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Blow me.

The defending was poor. You have to be blind not to realize that. That doesn't mean the tournament wasn't entertaining. That doesn't mean watching teams create chances against these poor defense players wasn't entertaining. I enjoyed the tournament, that doesn't mean I will shut up and sit in a corner and not point out the poor defending.

and where did I say the quality of Serie A was better than this or that it is the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)