Medal presentation - Germany
Click Here for Video

Medal & Trophy presentation - Spain
Click Here for Video

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Did anyone else think this tournament was quite poor?

The Spanish are a decent side, but the were never really tested because there was no good opposition.

In particular the quality of defending has been pretty terrible throughout.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

The Spanish are a decent side, but the were never really tested because there was no good opposition.

In particular the quality of defending has been pretty terrible throughout.
I thought the tournament was pretty good in general. Just all my jinxing made it a lot lamer than it should have been. :shifty:

The defense in the tournament was mostly pretty shoddy. But hey -- it beat the Italian gameplan for European domination coming in.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Well the boys got completely outplayed on the night and the problems that were there since the qualifiers continued. The team didn't have the creativity and the resolve to challenge the slick Spanish. It was disappointing as the players didn't work hard enough as well.

I didn't understand the Lahm sub, he is one of the few players that could actually make a difference. There were patches of good play which is promising for the future. Low should look for the future and start building that defense. Metzelder, Frings and Kuranyi are not good enough as we need players that make a difference.

Xavi and Senna were mammoth in that midfield especially defensively. They were putting pressure on frings and ballack all over the field and it just killed Germany who didn't have any solutions without those two.

I didn't think the tournament had that much quality. There were patches of promise here and there mostly from Russia, Holland and Spain but overall i was disappointed. There weren't many stand out performances from individual players as well. Its promising for the world cup qualifiers and the world cup though with teams like Russia, Turkey, Croatia playing well they just didn't have enough experience.

All and all congrats to Spain, they were consistent in all their games and no other team managed to do that.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Indeed. It's a frickin travesty that this Germany team made it to the final. They stink. At any decent tournament they'd go out in the quarter finals. And the Turkey match was essentially Serie C goalkeeping on both sides, despite that it was a semi final.

Apr 12, 2004
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)