Euro 2008 LIVE (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Seriously though Andy, Van Basten is still a very inexperienced and not so good coach (yet?) and you have to admit the defence and the midfield (De Jong-Engelaar) isn't very good to say the least. De Jong- Engelaar looked good against Italy and France, because they played very close to VDV and Sneijder. De defensive midfield duo had an easy time this way, but against russia the spaces got bigger and the weakness exposed and soon the defence was overrun the ball circulation interrupted and the creative players were on their own.

Fragile.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
I am amazed how Van Basten remained helpless throughout the game..

The defence line of Russia was so amazing to hide Nestelroy that you could feel he existed. I think changing Kuyt was wrong. many key players were just swept away by the Russian magic..

Excellent match. It was amazing to wach really..

juventus1897

Sep 19, 2006
Well you keep proving it. I almost think you might bash the Azzurri against your better knowledge. But then again...*cough* American *cough*. Don't take it the wrong way tho, I bet you know alot more about Baseball, Football and Hockey than me. The difference is you don't see me talking shit about your NT of those sports.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Seriously though Andy, Van Basten is still a very inexperienced and not so good coach (yet?) and you have to admit the defence and the midfield (De Jong-Engelaar) isn't very good to say the least. De Jong- Engelaar looked good against Italy and France, because they played very close to VDV and Sneijder. De defensive midfield duo had an easy time this way, but against russia the spaces got bigger and the weakness exposed and soon the defence was overrun the ball circulation interrupted and the creative players were on their own.

Fragile.
That's because Russia is the better team with quicker players. I know Engelaar is nothing special and just used there tactically. Van Basten is indeed inexperienced but come on here... Holland is still a great team that plays good football. They just got beat on the night.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
The only Russian fan in this forum before this match: www444.

After the match, the Russian fans on this forum became suddenly 444.
You must have missed my comments on all of their games this tournament!!!

I alway talked of them highly!you can chekc it if you wish.

Oh,and never said i was "FAN" of Russia.

I AM RUSSIAN,so i am very proud of my HOME TEAM!!!

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bow:

ROSIA VPERED,VSEH RVAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well you keep proving it. I almost think you might bash the Azzurri against your better knowledge. But then again...*cough* American *cough*. Don't take it the wrong way tho, I bet you know alot more about Baseball, Football and Hockey than me. The difference is you don't see me talking shit about your NT of those sports.
Awwwww, poor little Azzurri fan who still doesn't get the point.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Russia out played Nederland technically and pyhisically. I always knew it would be interesting to see what Nederland did if they were a goal down and under heavy pressure.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Because he is a really creative player who gives 100% every match. I also think that if he came to a club like us we could get the very best out of him
He's a support striker. The amount of money we'd have to pay to get him when we already have DP and Giovinco is too much imo.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Holland chokes again.

Magnificent performance by The Russians.

Where's Enron? he said the Dutch will destroy the Russians :D

oh and it's going to be a Russia-Turkey final. you heard it her first

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
That's because Russia is the better team with quicker players. I know Engelaar is nothing special and just used there tactically. Van Basten is indeed inexperienced but come on here... Holland is still a great team that plays good football. They just got beat on the night.
Yeah, they can play great, but they have as much weaknessess as they have strengths. Pressure the defence and the rest of the team falls apart. You're right in saying it's 'on the night', but that's cup football frankly.

And lastly we come to the mentality thing, Portugal, Spain and the Netherlands. it's always the same...

I'd be pretty surprised if Spain win tomorrow, even if Italy have been extremely poor so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)