Euro 2004, who will win? (1 Viewer)

xNeo

Feb 10, 2004
I am just wondering who people think will win Euro 2004, and in what way. By in what way, I mean who will finsih first and second in the group, and then who they will face and so on all the way until the final. I see it hapening this way:

With Italy winning 2-1. I can't wait to see what happens.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I have the feelings we will face france in the semi and we will kick their asses , and portgual in the final , and we will win in Penalties ... Buffon and Dp will be Shining in that Game !

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
I have the feelings we will face france in the semi and we will kick their asses , and portgual in the final , and we will win in Penalties ... Buffon and Dp will be Shining in that Game !
I doubt that Del Piero will get any chance to shine in this tournament.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
I hope Italy wins it and Del Piero plays a good part in that too. :cool:

However, I have a funny feeling England would win the tournament this time !! They may look like an average side but so did the Germans when they reached the final of the 2002 Japorea World Cup.

I think they will meet France in the final and win it 1-0 in a dodgy defence style. I hope my predictions are wrong :angel:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
I imagine Portugal will be close. They have Deco on top form, plus any of his Portuguese Porto teammates. Throw in Paulista, Figo, etc. and you've a good team, with home advantage.

OP

xNeo

Feb 10, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7
    ++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++
    Can I make a similar type of picture somewhere or did you make it in photoshop?
    I used Photoshop, horrible job as you can tell. I'm not sure about Portugal groub. They tend to choke also when it comes to important games. First game of the WC they lost to the US....

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    MS Paint :D

Tom - I wasn't very impressed with England's squad when Eriksson made it official :undecide:

I put Holland only to the quarters. We'll probably finish behind the Czechs, just like in the qualification round, and we'll fail to crack Italy's defense in the quarters, crashing out on (yes, you've guessed it) penalties.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    Tom - I wasn't very impressed with England's squad when Eriksson made it official :undecide:
    Me neither to be honest, but i still reckon we've got enough about us to send portugal out in the quarters. Portugal are too overrated these days, we drew with them in Portugal recently with a virtual B team including Ledley King! Italy reserves won there the other month as well!

Hey as long as we dump the frogs I honestly couldn't care less.

julio1011

Mar 3, 2004
    Italy will win..... because they have everything....
    the best keeper.... although buffon isn't THAT good, he is better than the rest
    a great defense>>> panucci---nesta---cannavaro---zambrotta
    a strong midfield>>> fiore---pirlo---gattuso--
    and the best attack>>>
    ---------totti----------
    ------------------delpiero-------
    ---------vieri--------------

delpiero will shine..FORZA ALE!

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    As always I think Italia looks best on the paper though I am extremely biased! Espically after buying Italian NT couple of days ago! :D.

Seriously, Italia should have won the last tournament when they came with the minimum expectation and with addition of good young players I think they can go one step further. This is Totti's make or break one, I reckon. He might make himself a legend or another flop in the international stage. However, relatively strong defence, though not as good as the one in the last tournament, and midfield which have been significantly upgraded since the last WC, and strong forward line, though the one on the decline, should be enough to make at least the Semi's. Not taking Gilardino, IMO, could be Trap's biggest nightmare.

I do agree with Portugal that they are a bit overrated, nonetheless, I am expecting them to make a good run this year. This is last chance for Figo generation to win it hence they will be very hungry, and there are a few emerging players in the team. And lets not forget the X-factor, the home court advantage. Korea, England, and US have all shown in recent years that crowd can become take a mediocre team a long way. I think the first one is the crucial one: It is a must win game for Portugal IMO because if they dont the pressure on them might be too much to bear.

I am picking Czech to be dark horse. They are in a tough group no doubt but I was impressed with the way they defended against the Dutch, and qualified convincly. Have they peaked to early? Maybe. But Nedved, Rosicky, Jankulovski might make some noise. My gut feeling suggest that Germany could be their nemesis.

As for England, I think they are lacking one or two speical player to hold them together and make a run. Nonetheless, team is solid in general, and I reckon with some good teamwork they can make a strong challenge a la South Korea in last WC. Nonetheless without the crowd being the X-factor or any that real special player who can lead the team to the major tournament run, I think England is a bad outside bet given their high reputation.

Lastly, I am putting my neck out and going to say that France is the biggest unknown in this year's tournament. Everything depends on Henry IMO, whether that he can final establish himself as the very best or another mercurial talent below best in clutch moment. On the other hand, I would give more chance on Henry doing well than Totti.
    Also I would like to see how their defence hold up especially against pace. In addition, I reckon their midfield is overrated even if Viera is one heck of a player. I think Dutch and England match against France quite well.
    I would not be surprised if they came second in their group.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)