Euro 2004: Italy - Sweden (Group C) (6 Viewers)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Trap said that Cassano and Del Piero were exhausted and that's why they were subbed, and that's understandable, but why bring on Camo? Fiore for Casso is bearable because we reverted to 4-4-2, but if you're going to take off DP why not bring on Di Vaio?
Agree 100%

Trap should be hung by the balls. :devil:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
So fu*king disappointing!!!
after a game like this with this great performance put up by Gli Azzurri I was just hoping to see a second goal making it 2-0 and instead it ended as we know!!! :(

:down:

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002

Tightening things up is going from a 4-3-1-2 to a 4-4-2 like Trap did, but he took it a step too far by changing to 4-5-1 :(
I agree and that always has been and I guess always will be Italys problem. They stop being aggressive. I would much rather give up a goal while playing aggressive and still looking to go forward (but still remaining responsible on defense) then give up a goal going into a defensive shell and being disorganized.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Agreed. Of Italy's three forward players Vieri was the most disappointing, but instead Trap pulls out the excellent Cassano and inspired Del Piero. Didn't DV just score four goals in practise? Why not give him a run?

++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Well, Trap's an idiot.
There ya go Stu.

River

Jun 15, 2004

Tightening things up is going from a 4-3-1-2 to a 4-4-2 like Trap did, but he took it a step too far by changing to 4-5-1 :(
Yeah but you can take the Italians out of defence, but you cant take the defence out of the Italians :D

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #307
    Italy's best players imo:

Cassano - 7.5
    Zambrotta - 7.5
    Del Piero - 7
    Gattuso - 7
    Panucci - 6.5/7

Pirlo kept things simple and was efficient so thumbs up to him as well. Buffon produced one amazing save but wasn't that busy. Cannavaro wasn't as good as he was against Denmark, but Nesta was solid. Perrotta worked hard. Vieri, well, he wasn't good enough at all today. His finishing was piss poor.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    I was surprised for once at Panucci. He played very well.

Any of you guys got their Pepto Bismol and Zantac ready for Tuesday? :D

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #309
    ++ [ originally posted by BigIzz ] ++

I agree and that always has been and I guess always will be Italys problem. They stop being aggressive. I would much rather give up a goal while playing aggressive and still looking to go forward (but still remaining responsible on defense) then give up a goal going into a defensive shell and being disorganized.
    Agreed.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Ahem. I'm sorry to interrupt your post match beotching, but,

FORZA SWEDEN!!!

Seriously now, I'll try to give my view on the match.

IMO, Italy did dominate the first half but Sweden werent half bad either. Ibrahimović and Ljungberg had two very good chances in the first twenty minutes. IMO, Del Piero wasnt all that good, as many would have you believe. He had a sitter in the first half which he missed (on a Zambrotta pass) and that nice lob, but other than that he wasnt very involved in the game. Zambrotta had an excellent game, while Cassano and Buffon vere also very solid.

On Swedens side, I was very impressed with Zlatan. Altho he didnt do much in the first half, you could see he tried very hard. He was involved in every play, and while Larsson was invisible, Zlatan was all over the place, on the left, right, middle... everywhere. He's pretty fast and very agile for someone his size, and he has good dribbling skills and technique, altho not as good as many people thing. He's great in holding up the ball, and often openes up space for other players with his passes and has a nice deal of flair. IMO, Zlatan can even play together with Trezeguet if we got him (just like I play him in CM :D ). Tonight he came back for the ball quite often and would pass it up. In the last 20 minutes when Allback was subbed in Zlatan got a typical striker role while Larsson played behind the strikers. And lets not mention his goal, it might have been lucky, or not, but you have to admit that he did very well to even get to that ball.

Alos, IMO Kim Kallstrom was very good, he can pass his way out of every situation. Very solid passer, IMO he's Sweden's Maresca.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
    I am so fvcking dissapointed..............crap.50 min,but then Trap just ruined evrything.......what a waste Trap!!!?!?!?!!!!with such a squad?

Well you guyz said it all here already!

I cheer and thank the team!
    I hate Trap for those things he doing...omg.

We need a lot of luck now+win against Bulgaria...oh...let's wait and see.........:down:

Trap u just such a morron!:groan:

Forza Azzuri!:angel:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)