Euro 2004: Italy - Sweden (Group C) (8 Viewers)

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #81
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++
    As I was dipping my petit beurre in my tea this morning, it struck me and I yelled :

SCREW SWEDEN. WE'RE GONNA BEAT THEM

Forget Totti, forget Trap's conservative tactis, forget frigging everything. WE ARE ITALY FFS. We have our back to the wall and we are gonna REACT, because that's what we do best. We are going to show all those sceptics who yet again think we are finished and who have already buried us that we are ALIVE. We are going to rise from our ashes and we are going to FIGHT. I want to see 11 Garibaldis on the pitch tomorrow night. I want to spot the self-assurance of Cicero in their eyes, I want to see the panache of Mazzini in their game, I want them to repel the barbarian hordes to the outer limits of the Empire!

FRATELLI D'ITALIA, L'ITALIA S'È DESTA.
    THAT'S THE FVCKING SPIRIT MAN!!! WE'RE GONNA GO OUT THERE AND WIN!!! WHY? YOU SAID IT YOURSELF, BECAUSE WE'RE ITALY!!!!! ITALIA PER SEMPRE!!!!! :fero:

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

You want Sweden to win, don't you? :D ;)

Del Piero and Vieri have to play. With Totti gone they need to carry the burden upfront.
    considering their performance against Denmark, and in general, they won't do it. they'r too slow.

I think some new blood is needed. and I wish Gilardino could play because he is the best srtiker at the moment. too bad Trap didn't pick him

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    As I was dipping my petit beurre in my tea this morning, it struck me and I yelled :

Forget Totti, forget Trap's conservative tactis, forget frigging everything. WE ARE ITALY FFS. We have our back to the wall and we are gonna REACT, because that's what we do best. We are going to show all those sceptics who yet again think we are finished and who have already buried us that we are ALIVE. We are going to rise from our ashes and we are going to FIGHT. I want to see 11 Garibaldis on the pitch tomorrow night. I want to spot the self-assurance of Cicero in their eyes, I want to see the panache of Mazzini in their game, I want them to repel the barbarian hordes to the outer limits of the Empire!

Can I kiss you? :)

:kiss:

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
    If that's Tottis attitide then fvck you Totti!!!

I hope the team will be better without him!

I heard Vieri left the trainings when he heard about the ban...Vieri u don't like it?Go fvck also!

**** i hate all those problems in the team!

I just want to see a good team,tha want's to win and giving all and not bunch of lazy guyz who think themselfs superstars!

FORZA AZZURI!!!

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003

I WANT IT SO MUCH!THAT"S WHAT EXPECT I FROM OUR TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!:fero::fero::fero:

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    you what i would think it would be the best ending. italy playing great and making it to the finals and then totti comes and he stays in the bench.
    :rofl:

IMO, he is not going to show up in euro anymore

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
    with totti gone for the next 3 matches, i think our line up should be something like this

----------------------------buffon----------------------------
    ----oddo--------canna-----------nesta------pannuci----
    ---------------------------pirlo-------------------------------
    ---gattuso-------------------------------------zamby-----
    ---------------------------fiore-------------------------------
    -------------------vieri-------------dp-----------------------

If we played cassano, we would lack balance. at least with gattuso and zamby, we know that these 2 will be running forever up and down on the flanks, and can carry the ball from defence to attack.

i'm not sure who should play behind the strikers. perhaps cassano? but i heard he did jack against denmark. also not too sure our fullbacks. i'm not sure if ac milan's Pancaro is in the squad. i think he's a good player and i would put him on the left flank and leave panucci on the right.

dreamer

Aug 7, 2003
    Trap opts for Pirlo
    Thursday 17 June, 2004

Andrea Pirlo is set to start for Italy against Sweden on Friday following the suspension of Francesco Totti.

Indications from today’s training session suggested that the Azzurri will shelve their 4-2-3-1 formation in favour of a 4-3-1-2.

The defence should remain unchanged with Buffon in goal, guarded by Panucci, Nesta, Cannavaro and Zambrotta.

Milan’s Pirlo may be used as a deep playmaker, flanked by Cristiano Zanetti on the left and Gennaro Gattuso on the right.

Antonio Cassano, who replaces Totti, will play behind Christian Vieri and Alex Del Piero – the latter being used as a second striker rather than a left winger.

The Azzurri really need to win tomorrow night after only drawing 0-0 with Denmark in their first match. Sweden beat Bulgaria 5-0.

channel 4

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    I reckon whoever takes Totti's place will want to prove himself and try to fill the gap left by him. I wish Alex and Cassano (aka Roman Abramovic) the best of luck. With Totti out, it also means that we can finally see Pirlo in an Azzurri shirt. He will be able to spread the ball and organize our attacks just like he does week in week out in Milan. Something that was really missed in the Denmark match where everyone looked confused and out of position. Finally, let's hope Totti's ban will motivate the players and get the best out of them. They would want to prove that there are other players besides Totti in the team who can be trusted.

Sweden's match is a do or die. i think the team should step up or risk early elimination after so much expectation from Italy fans and observers alike.

Anyway, I was watching the Azzurri training from the Rai Azzurri channel and Totti didn't seem bothered. I think Trap would want to keep him fit to be used if Italy makes it to the later stages.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    This is gonna be a great match, REALLY looking forward to it. Not long left now, ah...

Sweden are a very good team obviously, with a lot of confidence. Against Bulgaria their offence was flying high, but their defence is also superb. If they manage to keep Italy from scoring at the start of the match or the first half Italy might get frustrated and nervous. Then they're in trouble.

All in all I feel that Sweden has the upper hand and that Italy's going to struggle. I hope the players realize that they need to step up, they're not going to win this with a half-assed performance. They need to start playing euro-football today, not the pre-tourney whimpy football we saw against Denmark.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Yea Yea Yea , AS some of you said we will SCREW SWEDEN ....

Forza ITALIA Forza ITALIA....... Damnnn i can smell sweden's Asses will be kicked.... GO ITALY GOOOOOOOO ! show them the spirit , Do it Dp , C'mon Cassano , Buffon kick their asses , Vieri show them who's the LION !!!!!!! C'MON ITALIAAAAAAA , DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VIVA ITALIA !

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #99
    I can't wait for this match!!! It's gonna be huge!!!! Italy need to win and are likely to start with Pirlo, Cassano, Del Piero AND Vieri!! :extatic:

Predictions? 2-1 :strong: :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)