Euro 2004: Italy - Denmark (Group C) (1 Viewer)

Aug 26, 2003
hey most of our team sucked so i think it is wrong to blame Del Piero!! he was the same as Totti or Vieri! And it is very difficult when the central Midelfield like Perrotta and Zanetti don't do anything!!

I think a poor performance from Italy but that was the first game and i hope we keep the Vieri-Totti-Del Piero formation i think it would be wrong to change something!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

satu

Jun 26, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Catenaccio ] ++
Also, there is no point in having 2 defensive midfielders like Zanetti and Perrotta. Sure, they can win the ball.....but they don't know what to do with it when they get it.....
You’re being nice, right?
They can’t even win the ball. The Danes go through Italy’s midfield like knife go through hot butter. Defensive mid my ***.
Camo, Totti, and DP have to play deep to fight for the ball themselves and that ruin the whole concept (If there’s even a concept to start with).
Agree with delpiero10, Camo was good. Out of the 3 man behind vieri, he's the one that at least try. Totti and DP were equally invisible, their so called excellent talents is nowhere to be found. Vieri himself was lost. Bring on Marco!:D
The CB was alright with Canna clearly the better of the two. Panucci was useless. Zambo provides some good moves and in fact, most of the little time Italy can go out and attack was comes from Zambo.
Buffon is excellent as always, just a regular work for him with his usual superb reflexes, though it’s kinda annoying that he’s fancy in punching the ball more than catching it. It might cost dearly if the Danes have a better positioning.

I have high expectation at the start of the game, but seems like the players have chosen to once again disappoint their fans.

Oct 2, 2002
Bravo Denmark!!!
FOK U TRAP!!!

how come u field an already finished product ADP over Cassano??? what did ADP do this season??? NOTHIN!!!!!!!!!!! CASSANO TOTTI works better....but still....ADP was finished after 98!!!! It sounds harsh for any juventini...but that is a sad truth!!!!!!!!!

what da hell was woman aka camoranese doing on the field???!!! how come u opt him over FIORE????!!!!!!

but the oscar goes to the magic duo Perotta-Zanetti!!!!!! benching a winning PIRLO & GATTUSO!!!! SOMEONE pls explain me!!!!

if Trap does not start:

---------------------------------buffon---------------------------
oddo---------------nesta---------canavaro--------zambrotta
-----------------------------pirlo---------------------------------
--------gattuso---------------------------------fiore-------------
------------------------totti-------------------------------------
--------------------whoever--------------whoever------------

then bye bye italy!!!!!

camo, perotta and zanetti are just jokes!!!:fero::fero:

Italy's best creative midfielder Pirlo and Italy's best ball winner Gattuso have been chosen over chievo and inter monkeys!!!!:fero:what a shame!!!

totti cannot handle such a big pressure on him, when Crappatoni keeps on fielding perotta-c.zanetti combo.....

has someone followed closely the last two seria A seasons on TV???!!!!

Juvenator

Prediction Game Champ 2004
Sep 14, 2003
what a pile of crap from italy. i wasn't expecting a good performance because italy are notorously slow starters. But that was just ridiculous. we were outplayed for much of the match, and couldn't string two passes together. Camaronesi was the biggest culprit, zanetti and perotta were just zombies and the others weren't much better apart from buffon. We need a radical improvement for sweden game. I suggest a plain 4-4-2 formation with zambrotta as left mid, Buffon; favalli, nesta, canna, oddo; zambo, pirlo, gatusso, fiore; totti, vieri

xNeo

Feb 10, 2004
Im just sad, I thought this was our tournament. If they play like that against sweeden, then for sure its over; they will get raped!

River

Jun 15, 2004
Trap is one of the most successful managers in the world. Italy have been great lately. Dont cry over one game.

And its funny. If Del Piero or Totti had scored from that chance, Italy would have sat back and took everything Denmark had to throw at them, most likely holding out.

Then everyone is so happy and Italy are gonna win the tournament. Atleast this time was positive and Italy kept attacking :D

slack

Dec 13, 2002
Italy is a fine team on paper and there's that. Surely, there are better ways to waste time than watch a bunch of superstars who probably thought all they needed was to turn up to win. This is an insult to international football and the talent they're somehow endowed with.

It was with some amusement that I watch the next Platini impersonate whipping boy, ADP. What a mental colossus! It turned to absolute disgust after that career-threatening tackle he 'attempted', no doubt to be excused as passion. For the sake of Italy, maybe some kind soul would care to explain to the twin twats from Roma that they aren't in Italy anymore.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
This team has some potential to go all the way. And after last nite, i wont lay any blame on our attack. Frankly, i think Totti, Vieri and Dp did an alright job with the kind of balls they got. The defense was magnificent. Our midfield was non existent, and i think therein lies a big worry, but once its sorted, i think Italy will be a lot harder to beat than they made it look against Denmark.

Hopefully, Trap will learn he's wrong and give the Pirlo and Gattuso a chance. :rolleyes:
From now till friday should be enough time for him to realise, hopefully. :eek:

Aug 26, 2003
it seem if they don't want to play the game against Denmark, there was no motivatino IMO!

The System with the 3 behind Vieri worked well in Qualification and also in friendly game like Germany (were they comined super) so this is just the start of the Euro lets wait the next game and see!

Jan 24, 2004
++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++
it seem if they don't want to play the game against Denmark, there was no motivatino IMO!

The System with the 3 behind Vieri worked well in Qualification and also in friendly game like Germany (were they comined super) so this is just the start of the Euro lets wait the next game and see!
also true :)

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
as i said a month ago
Italy will be kicked out from the first round
The players are good collection but unfortunately Trep is the collector
he is the most idiot italian coach i have ever encountered
poor in analyzing
poor in reading the other teams
poor in subs. decsions
poor in fitness level
poor in changing the way of playing or the started plan to another

as an italian fan i really think italy doenst deserve to show up in the second round and its not a judgment from one match but i really seee italy getting worse and worse since 2002 world cup
more specific, since trap took the responsibility

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
Well Trap made it clear that a) Pirlo would not have helped versus Denmark as the problem according to him was offense and not mid-field. b) Pirlo will NOT help in the next game as it throws off the tactical scenario of the team. Then why the hell bring him?? Why waste his time making the trip? A player who has been a pillar for one of the top two teams in Italy in the last two years cannot even play a minute for the National because he doesn't fit the system?? What system?? That was a system at play on Monday? It was an example of "NO SYSTEM". If he wanted to install this system he so dearly sees as the solution he should have brought Ambrosini.
I would also like to see Di Vaio get some playing time as Vieri is totally useless outside the box and does not open up space for others or have much speed left.
Anyhow, Forza Italia.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by slack ] ++
Italy is a fine team on paper and there's that. Surely, there are better ways to waste time than watch a bunch of superstars who probably thought all they needed was to turn up to win. This is an insult to international football and the talent they're somehow endowed with.

It was with some amusement that I watch the next Platini impersonate whipping boy, ADP. What a mental colossus! It turned to absolute disgust after that career-threatening tackle he 'attempted', no doubt to be excused as passion. For the sake of Italy, maybe some kind soul would care to explain to the twin twats from Roma that they aren't in Italy anymore.
This is just ridicioulus reading, how many matches have you seen of Azzurri lately?, because the 4-2-3-1 formation (not a fan of it) has worked very good in the qualify games. Del Piero, Totti and Vieri has had some stunning play together, so dont base all your opinions on this match only!!!?. Everytime Italy has done good in tournaments has they started slow and bad just like this, so it doesnt have to be a bad sign.
Maybe this is what they want and need, critisism and pressure to get "ignited".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)