[EU] The U-21 European Championship (1 Viewer)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yes definitely more exciting.

Who would you root for by the way? I think you're an Azzurri but damn these Swedish kids play close to the football that you admire most.
Hehe, I would root for Sweden in curling and horseback riding, so its just automatic, even not so enthusiastic since I'm not really much for patriotism (though it just comes natural to root for them), can enjoy games for what they are.

But yeah, prolly root for Sweden more ofcourse, while still being able to objective watch the game and hope that just the better and more merited team of the day wins (as I did in the euro2004 game, was bit conflicting seeing Del Piero's chip go out, if I wanted it to go in or not :D). Know and sympathies with the Azzurrini players more (with the very sport of football, Italy more or less defines it for me, been in love with that football even before moving to Sweden), because been watching them for almost 3 years togehter, not to mention see them weekly in the leauge, while this Sweden team I knew little to nothing about, except the two NT players (and I only seen them few times in NT games, dont watch them in Holland or Allsvenskan).

But yeah, you are totally right, they really been shockingly good, very admirable and charming football, those who advanced through deserve it, but I really find Swedens game most plesant of all, especially the attacking, been fun and very positive to watch them play. I wont be a knee-jerker and say they should all be called up to the senior team, but I know one thing, Toivonen defenitely should.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Hehe, I would root for Sweden in curling and horseback riding, so its just automatic, even not so enthusiastic since I'm not really much for patriotism (though it just comes natural to root for them), can enjoy games for what they are.

But yeah, prolly root for Sweden more ofcourse, while still being able to objective watch the game and hope that just the better and more merited team of the day wins (as I did in the euro2004 game, was bit conflicting seeing Del Piero's chip go out, if I wanted it to go in or not :D). Know and sympathies with the Azzurrini players more (with the very sport of football, Italy more or less defines it for me, been in love with that football even before moving to Sweden), because been watching them for almost 3 years togehter, not to mention see them weekly in the leauge, while this Sweden team I knew little to nothing about, except the two NT players (and I only seen them few times in NT games, dont watch them in Holland or Allsvenskan).

But yeah, you are totally right, they really been shockingly good, very admirable and charming football, those who advanced through deserve it, but I really find Swedens game most plesant of all, especially the attacking, been fun and very positive to watch them play. I wont be a knee-jerker and say they should all be called up to the senior team, but I know one thing, Toivonen defenitely should.
You are a Somalian though, right? So better hide before Andy comes out and says your not supposed to support Sweden nor Italy but Somalia. :D

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,066

Toivonen, Berg and Elm. They would give the senior team a proper face lift.

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
    Balotelli is selfish and he thinks he has enough skills to beat his man as if he was Maradona(or Giovinco). He shouldn't even play on the flanks.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
    Balotelli is selfish and he thinks he has enough skills to beat his man as if he was Maradona(or Giovinco). He shouldn't even play on the flanks.
    Agreed, far too selfish of a player. There were several good opportunities ruined because he refused to pass or he held the ball too long. Also find it annoying that a guy as big and strong as him finds himself on the pitch a lot... not calling him a diver, but he's awfully clumsy...

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
    Man, tough luck for the kids. They deserved this final. They were in control for every minute of this tournament. I can think of at least 5 times where a defender cleared a ball off the line to deny Italy in the last 2 games alone. Terribly hard luck. Credit to Germany because in the second half they really defended well. It took a wonder strike from a RB to finally break us down.

Hopefully, we can look forward to most of these players getting a call up from Lippi. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire starting lineup got a call up sooner or later. We have a bright future.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Toivonen, Berg and Elm. They would give the senior team a proper face lift.
    I'm not kidding when I saw Elm is already Senior NTs best midfielder, despite being the youngest in the squad by several years (he has been chosen MOM like 3 NTs lately). Källström has skill, but he is a very frustrating player, and doesnt contribute with much except goals now and then, overdoes things alot, and thinks he is Pirlo. Stagnated a bit.

It wont be easy for Ola, because you are fixed in the NT as a striker if you been around a while, despite Elmander and Rosenberg doing zip in their clubs, they are set, and average ageing Larsson too. But Berg have really pressured them to play him more now, and man, he is way better then I ever thought, quite a revelation.

But yeah, regarding Ola, the strikers department being picked with the same players, means its bit harder for him to get called up, the other players, especially Wernbloom now he moved to the magical land of Holland....will automatically get called up now (its like it doesnt matter how you impres in Sweden, except for Elm, obvious prodigy, but if you move ot Holland or other low level european league, you are instantly called up). And I see a defender here or there getting a shot in friendlies, but this prolly after WC, dont think Lagerbäck will "experiment" (meaning calling up young good players) more now in the qualifiers.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Tahir was just anti-English teams. The other 4 are spot on. One of them is actually a big Barca fan.

I'm as much a Barca fan as you are a Chelsea fan.

Theres a famous saying that says "give credit where its due". I think you should try it out some time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)