[EU] Europa League 2014/15 (33 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I'm not saying people aren't free to hate. But apparently I am supposed to hate Napoli and people take offence when I don't. I like Napoli. Why should I hate them?
you shouldn't. They hate us doesn't mean we have to hate them. They're insignificant.
But we do have to hate Milano clubs, who actually hurt our club, and benefitted on our behalf.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
you shouldn't. They hate us doesn't mean we have to hate them. They're insignificant.
But we do have to hate Milano clubs, who actually hurt our club, and benefitted on our behalf.
I think Inter in particular is different because they really set out to hurt our club. The late nineties and 5 maggio was too much for them and I genuinely believe they had a plan they carried out to bring us down. Apart from that they have also poisoned Italian football with their hate and calimero complex. This is why I do hate Inter.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I think Inter in particular is different because they really set out to hurt our club. The late nineties and 5 maggio was too much for them and I genuinely believe they had a plan they carried out to bring us down. Apart from that they have also poisoned Italian football with their hate and calimero complex. This is why I do hate Inter.
I love you.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
I'm not saying people aren't free to hate. But apparently I am supposed to hate Napoli and people take offence when I don't. I like Napoli. Why should I hate them?
I don't much like Napoli, but I agree with your point. It's like people insist we hate all other Italian sides because we're Juventus fans, like it's part of being a Juventino. Bar Inter, I barely see any reason to hate the other teams.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I don't much like Napoli, but I agree with your point. It's like people insist we hate all other Italian sides because we're Juventus fans, like it's part of being a Juventino. Bar Inter, I barely see any reason to hate the other teams.

because juventus is the most hated team in italy, which gives rise to the whole amici di nessuno thing, being a juve fan is unlike any other, there is no team i know that meets so much antagonism almost everywhere it goes.

Welcome back btw ;)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

if you need reasons to hate napoli, the team or the city, just visit the san paolo when juve visits, unless it gets 'innundated' again
because juventus is the most hated team in italy, which gives rise to the whole amici di nessuno thing, being a juve fan is unlike any other, there is no team i know that meets so much antagonism almost everywhere it goes.

Welcome back btw ;)

You forget that one of the cities where Juventus has most fans is Napoli. In fact the Juventus fanbase is huge in all of Southern Italy. The reason we meet so much antagonism in Napoli is not because we are the most succesful team, but because Neapolitans feel betrayed by their fellow citizens who chose Juventus over Napoli.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and "fuck off", X :D.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007

Welcome back btw ;)
Yeah I guess you're right about that. Still, getting stick for not hating other teams is a bit lame.

And cheers. :tup:

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
If Sevilla win EL and finish 5th, will Spain have 5 teams in next year's CL?
Nope, Valencia would miss out.

EL win only awards an additional CL place if the country has less than 4, no country can ever have more than 4 CL contestants.

It was the same when Chelsea won the CL in 2012 and finished 5th, Tottenham missed out.

RFSK

Jul 19, 2013
Nope, Valencia would miss out.

EL win only awards an additional CL place if the country has less than 4, no country can ever have more than 4 CL contestants.

It was the same when Chelsea won the CL in 2012 and finished 5th, Tottenham missed out.
Negative, La liga woulld indeed have 5 teams...

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Negative, La liga woulld indeed have 5 teams...
really? if you win the CL and not finish on CL places in your league, then you qualify but on the expense of the team that finished on CL places in the league (i remember Liverpool in 2005 "stealing" a CL spot from Everton, also Chelsea to Tottenham in 2012). why would it be different in EL then?

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
really? if you win the CL and not finish on CL places in your league, then you qualify but on the expense of the team that finished on CL places in the league (i remember Liverpool in 2005 "stealing" a CL spot from Everton, also Chelsea to Tottenham in 2012). why would it be different in EL then?
Just checked, he's right.

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/newsid=2215121.html

Maximum of five
• No more than five clubs can enter the UEFA Champions League from one national association (this is an increase on the previous maximum of four).
They canged the rules recently.

RFSK

Jul 19, 2013
Yes and Real also took one from a spanish side, but in case Sevilla finish 5th and win EL, la liga will have 5 teams in CL.

- - - Updated - - -

Just checked, he's right.

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/newsid=2215121.html

They canged the rules recently.
haha was just about to post the link myself :D

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
You forget that one of the cities where Juventus has most fans is Napoli. In fact the Juventus fanbase is huge in all of Southern Italy. The reason we meet so much antagonism in Napoli is not because we are the most succesful team, but because Neapolitans feel betrayed by their fellow citizens who chose Juventus over Napoli.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and "fuck off", X :D.
I think there is a lot of Juventini in the Campania region, but Napoli ifself is quite parochial IMO. I think there's obviously a decent presence of Juve fans (there is all over Italy) but Napoli being the most successful and popular club in the South (other than us lol) means they have plenty of fans in their own city.

Oh and their reasons for hating us are beyond football. It's the whole North V South, Bourbon V Savoy thing.

The Kingdom of Sardinia/Turin defeated and annexed the Kingdom of Naples to unite Italy in the 1860s. And their fans are still butthurt and convinced that they'd be better off without the top half of Italy :lol:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I can understand cheering for the occasional Serie A team in Europe, but it's beyond me how anyone can cheer for Napoli with this retard ADL at the helm. What a delusional jackass.

- - - Updated - - -

You'd rather Napoli under this moronic buffoon ADL wins? I hope they never win another thing under this jackass.
He is a delusional jackass, but we're not in that competition, so I'd much rather an Italian team win it. And as much as they can be ridiculously stupid, half my family is still Neapolitan, it feels nice seeing them succeed.

But of course, NEVER over Juve.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I think there is a lot of Juventini in the Campania region, but Napoli ifself is quite parochial IMO. I think there's obviously a decent presence of Juve fans (there is all over Italy) but Napoli being the most successful and popular club in the South (other than us lol) means they have plenty of fans in their own city.

Oh and their reasons for hating us are beyond football. It's the whole North V South, Bourbon V Savoy thing.

The Kingdom of Sardinia/Turin defeated and annexed the Kingdom of Naples to unite Italy in the 1860s. And their fans are still butthurt and convinced that they'd be better off without the top half of Italy :lol:
Yes, terroni v polentoni, which is as retarded as it gets. I will have no part in that either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)