[EU] Europa League 2014/15 (8 Viewers)

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Reduce Serie A to 18 teams and Germans will see its dust in 3-5 years.
It'll take a little bit more than that IMO. But I really do think Serie A is finally beginning to make somewhat of a revival. I think the prize of a CL spot for the EL winners is making them take this tournament a bit more seriously too.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Reduce Serie A to 18 teams and Germans will see its dust in 3-5 years.
So a reduced Serie A will in 3-5 years overtake the Germans on the talent production, the home market and the infrastructure.

Yeah, that ain't gonna happen by just ( @Hustini ) reducing the teams in Serie A.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Was also asked a couple of questions about players' diets and Scotland's Euro 2016 qualifying group for Danish TV. Keep an eye open our Danish posters :D
@Nzoric @Soren_whatshisname
The bitches are going to be on YO DICK next time you visit Copenhagen :D

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #170
    they will have less games per season, and will be able to distribute energy better.
    Look how many games in seasons EPL teams have.

It has nothing to do with number of teams. It's the lack of infrastructure, talent & money. All those result with a brain damage of Italians and their ignore towards EL which is pretty much why Italy looks bad in coefficients.

It's a process that should take many years but sadly they haven't made a move yet.

chester

Too busy to bother
    May 20, 2006
    :agree: it will take a good 4-5 seasons of consistent good performances in Europe for Serie A to claim the 3rd spot again…assuming the German teams don't do as well.
    To be honest, I think it is more likely that Germany and Italy will overtake EPL then Bundesliga.
    The top teams in the Bundesliga are generating income on own strength, without help of the Abramovitches and oil sheiks.
    I think it is more likely that, once those guys decided to pull the plug, EPL will decline. Also, gemran economy is doing much better then the English so stadiums in Germany will stay full, while in the UK, this IMO is more in doubt.

Nejc

May 13, 2006
    :agree: it will take a good 4-5 seasons of consistent good performances in Europe for Serie A to claim the 3rd spot again…assuming the German teams don't do as well.
    If you take a look at UEFA country ranking for 2017/18 season (http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method4/crank2017.html) you can see that with good 3 years it is possible for Serie A to overtake Germany and England at that time.
    For 2018/19 season (http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method4/crank2018.html) Germany advantage of 11 points from 2010-2013 will not count anymore so if you plan on making a Serie A comeback to top 3 in 2018 right now Italy is basically on the same spot as Germany.

I don't think it will happen that soon, but what looks promising is that at least Roma and Juventus are ensuring their place in Champions League for a few years (I hope) which should make them climb to pot 2 at worst, just like Bundesliga teams did, with their consistency of teams representing them in CL.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    to be honest the way germany past italy due to EL wins was silly, CL wins should be more worth in my opinion
    I used to think like that to. But current system ensures a more fair representation of a league's overall level and not just of their top teams.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    If you take a look at UEFA country ranking for 2017/18 season (http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method4/crank2017.html) you can see that with good 3 years it is possible for Serie A to overtake Germany and England at that time.
    For 2018/19 season (http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method4/crank2018.html) Germany advantage of 11 points from 2010-2013 will not count anymore so if you plan on making a Serie A comeback to top 3 in 2018 right now Italy is basically on the same spot as Germany.

I don't think it will happen that soon, but what looks promising is that at least Roma and Juventus are ensuring their place in Champions League for a few years (I hope) which should make them climb to pot 2 at worst, just like Bundesliga teams did, with their consistency of teams representing them in CL.
    :tup:

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    So a reduced Serie A will in 3-5 years overtake the Germans on the talent production, the home market and the infrastructure.

Yeah, that ain't gonna happen by just ( @Hustini ) reducing the teams in Serie A.
    :tup: to all of it.

:D

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
    The only way for Italy to even get close to the top 3 is for the teams in the EL to take it seriously, that's the bottom line. That is how Germany overtook Italy during the 2007 to 2011 years.

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
    Lille V Everton - our away ticket allocation sold out yesterday, 5300 tickets. PLUS 3000+ in the home ends (thats officially from LOSC)

Cant wait, COYB !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)