[EU] Europa League 2014/15 (61 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
4 italian teams in cl would mean that the italian market pool would be devided between 4 teams. call me greedy, but i like those 80-ish millions we're about to receive this term.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We should cheer for fiorentina to win EL, because they will finish outside the top three, then we'll have 4 italian teams in CL (from next season the winner of preiviuos EL will qualify for CL) with Roma (hopefully) in EL haha
I'd much rather this not be the case. We'll make far more money with only 3 in CL.

Plus, that doesn't mean an extra team in Europa. Unless they finish outside top 6. It would mean 4 CL, 2 EL. Fiorentina would likely have a better chance of gaining more coefficient points in Europa anyways.

So, much better for Juventus is 3 in CL, 3 in EL.

Jul 13, 2010
I'm just looking from marketing point-of-view, I like Serie A being mentioned, everyone is all about money, but money as a short-term gain, while looking into the future we need Italian teams everywhere to bring that top brand again. Surely Juve would loose money, but this is kind of investment, if you will. It will pay off in long term. Then teams will start to biuld stadiums etc.
@Roman no, the team not in CL spot at the end of the season can't go to CL unless it wins the EL (Sevilla would be 5th spanish team in CL, while Napoli or Viola 4th italian as mentioned before)

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
I'm just looking from marketing point-of-view, I like Serie A being mentioned, everyone is all about money, but money as a short-term gain, while looking into the future we need Italian teams everywhere to bring that top brand again. Surely Juve would loose money, but this is kind of investment, if you will. It will pay off in long term. Then teams will start to biuld stadiums etc.
@Roman no, the team not in CL spot at the end of the season can't go to CL unless it wins the EL (Sevilla would be 5th spanish team in CL, while Napoli or Viola 4th italian as mentioned before)
:tup:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
And now we wait for people with differing views to come and attack you. Same cycle like every two weeks :p

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
For the next couple years, increased CL revenue from less Italian teams is much better for us, than increased Serie A exposure. As long as we keep making deep runs in CL, and a couple Italian teams get to SFs of Europa, Serie A brand will improve. 3-4 years from now, once we've vastly improved our finances, then, I'll be happy with more Italian teams in CL, getting out of group stage, etc.

RFSK

Jul 19, 2013
yes, only 2 teams into EL in that scenario. Fiore don't create some EL spot vacancy by entering CL
if Fiorentina wins a EL spot, and then wins the EL, they will simply play CL instead of EL next season, with no one taking their place

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, so i was right
But if Fiorentina finish 7, and win El Serie A will have 4 teams in CL and three in EL...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 61)