[EU] Europa League 2012/13 (2 Viewers)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
this is hard luck, maybe its a curse :boh:
Yeah, that must really be a curse of some sort.

In 2004 they had to watch Porto run around with the European Cup and now they have to watch old-boy David Luiz celebrate in front of their eyes. It must truly suck to be a Benfica supporter in european competitions. Hopefully they get it right some time :tup:

We are semi-cursed in Europe as well, so perhaps they can get their 1st against us :sergio:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bayernstar

Heritage of Kahn
Mar 16, 2013

In 2004 they had to watch Porto run around with the European Cup and now they have to watch old-boy David Luiz celebrate in front of their eyes. It must truly suck to be a Benfica supporter in european competitions. Hopefully they get it right some time :tup:

We are semi-cursed in Europe as well, so perhaps they can get their 1st against us :sergio:
you mean to fail in semi-finals everytime?

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009

Maybe they should stop buying fancie Argies who are ineffective and showpony's.

It didn't take much for Chelsea to score two goals agains them, Garay's injury screwed them but they should've decided this game in the first half imo.

Jul 1, 2010
He won two Spanish Leagues with Valencia, a Champions League with Liverpool while making them very competitive every season until his last one.
When he arrived at Chelsea, the fans crucified him from the onset because of remarks he had said about Chelsea when he was at Liverpool. However, he managed to take a dispirited and disorganized Chelsea to 3rd spot and a Europa League triumph, a quite decent job overall.

The only stain on his career was his passage to Inter where his insistence on making his players train with weighs caused a major injury crisis. Rafa is a top manager. His next club will be lucky to have him. Benitez would be a significant improvement over Mazzarri for Napoli.

I'm sure @Enron would agree.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Bias. Or possibly even something worse.

People say I'm a fascist because I support my own country, then they claim that Juventus should only be Italian and hold grudges against players/managers that aren't. That's funny stuff.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Rafa Benitez :delpiero:

Most underrated and under appreciated manager in Europe.
indeed. you dont win that many different titles with different teams by accident.

i dont count his inter gig. if we go by that logic then Ronaldo, Lippi, Pirlo, Cannavaro were all failures in their whole careers.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
So why are some media outlets calling Chelsea the "first club to hold Europe's two major club trophies at the same time" when Porto won the Euro Cup in '03 and the CL in '04?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)