[EU] Champions League 2008/2009 (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
ßöмßäяðîëя;1647545 said:
Fuck dat, I'll get out my Sig Saur P220 and my Cz-27.....

Andy = Chelsea
Aziz = Man Utd
dude that pic makes me think of what the Punisher's family reunion must look like

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
why in the knockout? Put them in the same group with Real Madrid. Then we can send Madrid 3rd to UEFA cup, and ManU packing home in 4th, making them the first ever CL holders to not get past the group stages :D

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
:lol:

All i want now is a Juve-Manchester United match in the knockout phase next season.That would be sweet:bigscarf:
as much as i hate manure and as much as id kill to have this scenerio happen salman its not realistic for next cl. cos look at it this way manure have a strong team at the moment ine very department besides gk and there forwards position. they have a good mid feild and a strong back line somethiing we still dont know how it would look like next season as we still have'nt haad our reinforcements land in turin.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
We'd be pretty huge underdogs in that match if we face a full Manchester United squad.But that could also be our biggest strength.They could easily suffer from complacency,and we will definatley have an edge over them when it comes to the Adrenalin level.If 2 seasons without CL dont get your blood pumping,nothing will.In terms of skill,we are inferior.But in terms of motivation,we'd be miles ahead.

Hell we could even pull of a Liverpool:jvefan:.A fairly limited squad that won the CL on sheer grit and fan support.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
We'd be pretty huge underdogs in that match if we face a full Manchester United squad.But that could also be our biggest strength.They could easily suffer from complacency,and we will definatley have an edge over them when it comes to the Adrenalin level.If 2 seasons without CL dont get your blood pumping,nothing will.In terms of skill,we are inferior.But in terms of motivation,we'd be miles ahead.

Hell we could even pull of a Liverpool:jvefan:.A fairly limited squad that won the CL on sheer grit and fan support.
AMEN to that bro, besides juve has always pulled surpises when we r under dogs so lets hope that manures upcoming upset is ont he hands of juventus so i can pay back all the manure supporters here with interest!!!!!!! :scarf:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

ManU are very professional about that, they don't fall for that underdog crap. Think about it, how many times have we met them before? The only times we beat them was because we were better, not because we took them by surprise. In fact, let's look wider. When have they ever been taken by surprise in the CL? Not often, FC Copenhagen is the only time I recall.

There's a lot of teams that are prone to this, but frankly ManU aren't. At the present moment I don't see that we have much of a chance.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
They might not be as complacent as id like to believe,but im pretty sure that in terms of hunger and sheer desire,we'd be on a different level in the CL next season.Not only against them,but against all oppositions.I dont expect a CL victory,but i do expect many come-from-behind victories..ones that we'd pull when we're least expected to.That was evident this season against the big teams.We wont dominate the CL,but we will definatley pull off some surprises.We'd have players like Amauri and Giovinco with us next season too.Players with unquestionable skill that Europe has not been exposed to as yet.That could work in our favour.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
They might not be as complacent as id like to believe,but im pretty sure that in terms of hunger and sheer desire,we'd be on a different level in the CL next season.Not only against them,but against all oppositions.I dont expect a CL victory,but i do expect many come-from-behind victories..ones that we'd pull when we're least expected to.That was evident this season against the big teams.We wont dominate the CL,but we will definatley pull off some surprises.We'd have players like Amauri and Giovinco with us next season too.Players with unquestionable skill that Europe has not been exposed to as yet.That could work in our favour.
If you want that we need Iaquinta :D

Yeah hunger is always the hardest to maintain for the incumbent. Speaking of which, Real Madrid should be pretty damn hungry after all the failures since 2002.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Tbh the CL sucks without Madrid. Noone to put all the worthless teams (like Liverpool) in their place. They used to be a sort of quality control. Frankly I liked it in the post-2000 period where it was "beat us or go home". And we did. :party:

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Yeah they were the kingpins back then..always THE team to beat.We dont really have such a dominant team in the CL right now.Firing Del Bosque was extremley stupid on their part.He's probably laughging at their pitfiful European state right now.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Yeah they were the kingpins back then..always THE team to beat.We dont really have such a dominant team in the CL right now.Firing Del Bosque was extremley stupid on their part.He's probably laughging at their pitfiful European state right now.
Or crying. Like I am. This year's CL was the bottom of the barrel. At least the winner is pretty much the best of the pack, although they hardly dazzled us in the final.

Milan used to be a stronghold too, but they're destroyed now. The CL needs Milan and Real Madrid to maintain its sparkle, otherwise it's reduced to this muddy parking lot where anyone can show up. :disagree: Consequently winning it doesn't mean much either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)