[EU] Champions League 2007/2008 (118 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
We need to return to put these "English" teams in their place. I'm so sick of this shit!!
this year the 3 EPL tream won their games even in italy , which did not happen before.
anyway barca now will face Manu without puyol in the first match , 99 % manu will qualify to the final unless messi do something extraordinary since he will be back to face Manu.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
TBh arsenal didn't OWN anybody. they played a tremendous opening 25 minutes but got spooked by liverpools goal, when the crowd got behind pool again aresnal simply did not have a calm head to lead them through.

funny alan hanson got pelters for years saying "you won't win anything with kids" only for manure to win the title. the difference is that manure had a solid backbone, when arsenal won the title under wenger they had the likes of winterburn, adams, keown and later when they won teh title again vieira had grown into a good leader. this is arsenals problem, they do not have someone who can lead their team in a difficult situation, they get too spooked and have no real leadership on the pitch.it is times like this that they could do with a sol campbell type defender or a gatusso type midfielder
until this is sorted i very much doubt their capability to win anything and doubt that will change unless they either a) they grow as a team and get used to the pressure and earn that mental toughness or b) buy a good solid CB and a leader on the pitch(maybe a DM) who can take a game by the scruff of the neck

:agree: and then some
That was always going to be their problem and thats why Wenger switched his captains this season as Gallas is a bigger personality than Toure and Gilberto ( i didn't understand his decision in the beginning but now i do). You can see the difference in some games but they will need some of the others to step up into that leadership gap.

And even though they didn't own liverpool, if you don't score in you're good periods then 9 times out 10 will get stung.

About the romanisti will choking is their middle name and De Rossi just confirmed that.The thing i don't understand is why Spalleti is insistent on an underperforming Taddei ? His form hasn't been great all season but he is still starting while Guily is on the bench. Ferguson basically insulted them by leaving his two best players on the bench and they couldn't capitalize on that.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Don't know about everybody else but I quite enjoyed seeing Roma humiliated again. Scholes, Ronaldo and Rooney even rested for them. :howler: Well of course, Park is enough for their sorry asses. Roma=never a big club.

Amen!

P.S. Simply love the effect of Italian teams, our RIVALS, in the knock-out stages. Proves just how cleaned up and better Calcio has become.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I thought about that too, but then I remembered just how much Roma means to him as compared to the Azzurri
I've always wondered if what De Rossi and Totti say about Roma is true. I mean, yeah, sure, local cities in Italy are very important, but winning a World Cup is by far the greatest thing a football player can achieve.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I've always wondered if what De Rossi and Totti say about Roma is true. I mean, yeah, sure, local cities in Italy are very important, but winning a World Cup is by far the greatest thing a football player can achieve.
I remember Totti saying something like.... Winning the Champions League with Roma is better than winning the World Cup.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Even though i agree with Seven that the WC is thebest thing a player can win, i prefer watching the CL personally. A lot more entertainment.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Even though i agree with Seven that the WC is thebest thing a player can win, i prefer watching the CL personally. A lot more entertainment.
Depends. At times the overall quality in the CL can be better, but I'm a big fan of the World Cup atmosphere.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

TBH I have extremelly lost interest in CL, well football in general. Yesterday I have watched Barca-Schalke and I can say with certainty; I would have enjoyed watching Juve, play a 5th leauge team in the Coppa, more. I'd watch us play Cagliari before Real-Barca.

Apart from watching Juventus, in any kind of competition, the only thing I can watch with true passion and interest are big NT tournaments, WC & EC, when Croatia plays. Everything else has become so boooring to me. Football isn't what it used to be, at least to me. Now I only watch it to kill the time, that wasn't the case 5,6 years ago.

Perhaps I'm too old. :p

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'll still watch all the big games, but I think I'm more concentrated on "my" teams now. I'm just not as much interested in teams other than Juventus and the Italian national team.

soulslider

Rregula sound
May 16, 2006
TBH
Apart from watching Juventus, in any kind of competition, the only thing I can watch with true passion and interest are big NT tournaments, WC & EC, when Croatia plays. Everything else has become so boooring to me. Football isn't what it used to be, at least to me. Now I only watch it to kill the time, that wasn't the case 5,6 years ago.

Perhaps I'm too old. :p
yeah,same here i watched maybe 2-3 games this season in which Juve or Croatia did not play

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Roma played a decent match.A much better match than i had expected.Yes it wasnt a first choice ManUtd team,but a Roma team without Totti isnt a first choice Roma team either.It just goes on to show the importance of the home leg.I thought Zotti was great last night.He definatley made up for his errors of last year.De Rossi's penalty was horrendous.It came at a time when Man Utd were doing great,and after the penalty Roma started played some great attacking football.A goal by De Rossi would have made things pretty interesting IMO when you add Ferdinand's injury into the equation.Man Utd had Rooney and Ronaldo on the bench,but their defence would have looked fragile without Vidic and Ferdinand.

Anyway,the result of this tie was settled even before the game started last night.So it isnt really a surprise.Though i have a question for the 'All Italian Teams other than Juve should fail' group :

Would you be happy if Milan,Inter,Roma etc or any other team capable of challenging for the Scudetto..were all relegated to the Serie D and we were left in Serie A with lesser clubs?That woudl guarantee us the title every year surely.So if you're looking at things from the 'We only want wahts good for juve' perspective,then shouldnt this situation be ideal?No title challenge.And Juve lead the league every season like Lyon in ligue 1.Yes all these teams wont get relegated to the Serie D..but im only talking about a hypothetical situation here.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Salman, stop opening the can of worms. A true Juve fan wants the worse for it's rivals, because they themselves want the same for Juve, and that's the end of the story. :stuckup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 118)