[EU] Champions League 2007/2008 (112 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
well there is a lot of teams to choose from when you say "favourite"

:lol:

Bah, i wish i was like you, Football would always make me happy :confused:
yeah thats true fred, i guess it does'nt work for every one.

question is though, maher who wil u support manure or barca? i mean would'nt it feel kind of wierd tha bioth yr favs play against each other?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I always hate it when Rome gets sacked by barbarians.
:howler:

Roma choke. That's simply it. They were scared and weak last night. But then again they did create their chances and failed to tuck them away. Manchester United was very clinical, but they were far from their best play as well. Ronaldo might say whatever he wants, but Man U were not good yesterday.

About the whole league argument.. it's just silly to deny that the EPL is by far the best league at the moment. This doesn't mean it's the most attractive one. I like to watch English football, if only for the sheer pace, but I still prefer to watch the artistry of Italian calcio. The Italian one is a different kind of passion and one that suits me better.

But we could sit and argue about which league is harder while in the end it doesn't matter. What is important is which team is the best and which national team is the best. And it stops there.

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
I feel bad for Roma because I think with all their effort , they deserved at least a better first leg scoreline . We all knew their chances were slim but they would have beat Man u if they made the most out of their chances . I don't thinkit was Man u's off night or anything like that , they played the way they did on purpose .

They practically gave the ball away to Roma and enjoyed defending , they got the result that matters and shattered Roma's dreams . You have to applaud this team's quality , they simply know how to get the job done .

I think Roma just lacked the belief that they could do it . They have the players but not the determination . They dominated the first 15 mins of the second half and even most of the first half yet they just couldn't score . I think if they pushed just a little more they might have pulled it off but after a series of unsuccessful attempts they looked like they had just given up . You just have to give absolutely everything you have in order to beat Man U , I didn't feel Roma came close to that .

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
What I'd like to know is why Roma NEVER change their formation. I know 4-2-3-1 works for them but last night when they were chasing a game at home I kept expecting Spalletti to change it and go more attacking but he never did. They stuck witha rigid 4-2-3-1 for the entire match.

I think Man Utd are as good as through now. I can't see Roma getting much in the second leg in Old Trafford.

Schalke were very unlucky last night. They had a lot more chances than Barca, but again I don't think Schalke will get much at the Camp Nou.

I'd love to see Fenerbahce knock Chelsea out! :)

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
For all EPL haters out there like me..Which EPL team would you be able to see lift the trophy without wanting to poke needles in your eye?

Id have to go with Chelsea here.I dont know any Chelsea fans personally,so it would be a lot more bearable than a Man Utd or Liverpool victory.I wont even mind Arsenal winning.It would give me a good excuse to get under the skin of Man Utd wankers.

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
When I must chose ... then I chose Arsenal or Chelsea... they never won the damn thing. I don't want ManU to win it 'cos they will go ahead of Juve in numbers of trophies. Liverpool have had all the luck in the recent CL years, I think it has to come to an end sometime soon.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
For all EPL haters out there like me..Which EPL team would you be able to see lift the trophy without wanting to poke needles in your eye?

Id have to go with Chelsea here.I dont know any Chelsea fans personally,so it would be a lot more bearable than a Man Utd or Liverpool victory.I wont even mind Arsenal winning.It would give me a good excuse to get under the skin of Man Utd wankers.
I'd have to go for Chelsea because none of my friends support them. Most of my friends suport Arsenal, Liverpool or Man U and if one of them won it they would all be bragging and saying Juve are sh1t.:melayyanandmessi: :blah:

Having said that, I want Fener to win the CL!!

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
i'm watcing the arsenal game, to be hoenst i prefer them wining this tie and moving on. but its still too early to know who will come on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 112)