[EU] Champions League 2007/2008 (120 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Don't believe this, Milan are out of the competition.
Yes, they are! OUT! MILAN IS OUT! How beautiful it sounds.... :touched:

It is not embarassing at all. English teams > Italian teams, EPL > Serie A, no matter what the biased Azzurri fans say.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

well that fucking sucks, I really thought the experience of milan would pull them through. Now we have to rely on roma to represent italy.....
:lol:

I could care less, I like watching italian teams succeed. I'll always support an italian team over an english team. Unless ofcourse that italian team is inter.
I like seeing Milan and Roma CHOKE and get their asses KICKED though.

Aye, apparently people are too busy celebrating Milan's exit to realize this.
Actually, I really thought hard about that but I just can't cheer for Milan. It is stronger than me, that deep hate for Milan.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
How the hell does a Juventus fan ever cheer for Milan, when those fags cost us seeing Del Piero lift the CL Trophy (as a captain) and not by out-playing us or anything, by luck LUCK, when we surely deserved to win it that season, looking at the teams we had to eliminate. Fuck 'em!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
How the hell does a Juventus fan ever cheer for Milan, when those fags cost us seeing Del Piero lift the CL Trophy (as a captain) and not by out-playing us or anything, by luck LUCK, when we surely deserved to win it that season, looking at the teams we had to eliminate. Fuck 'em!
Not cheering for them when they're playing against us obviously. Not really wanting them to win either, just want to make sure Italian clubs keep up Serie A's reputation in Europe.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Yes, they are! OUT! MILAN IS OUT! How beautiful it sounds.... :touched:

It is not embarassing at all. English teams > Italian teams, EPL > Serie A, no matter what the biased Azzurri fans say.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

:lol:

I like seeing Milan and Roma CHOKE and get their asses KICKED though.

Actually, I really thought hard about that but I just can't cheer for Milan. It is stronger than me, that deep hate for Milan.
What is it with you croats and Milan? i have never seen anybody hate Milan as much as you and Alen do :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Not cheering for them when they're playing against us obviously. Not really wanting them to win either, just want to make sure Italian clubs keep up Serie A's reputation in Europe.
And that would do your team what good??

I for one cant give two shits about English teams, infact i'd cheer anybody who plays against the Mancs. I'm indifferent about Chelsea and Liverpool, but i'd never cheer for them.

Well ok unless they're playing against Barca or Real :D

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Dunno, for me club's love over league's love obviously,
Milan winning and getting bigger is bad for Juventus, so screw them. I understand you too tho, I always cheer for all Italian teams except Milan and Inter, I do cheer for Roma cause hell even if they win a trophy every season for 20 years, we'll still be bigger than them. You know what I mean?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
And that would do your team what good??

I for one cant give two shits about English teams, infact i'd cheer anybody who plays against the Mancs. I'm indifferent about Chelsea and Liverpool, but i'd never cheer for them.

Well ok unless they're playing against Barca or Real :D
I'm bored with this because it's come up countless times before and you know what I'm going to tell you. The level of success determines the position in the Uefa rankings. That position determines the number of spots Serie A gets in the CL. It also determines the general influx of money into Serie A. Which determines the competitiveness of Serie A clubs in Europe. Which determines the attractiveness of Italian clubs to both fans, and importantly, players. Next time a Brazilian wonderkid chooses Spain over Italy think about how you wanted Milan to crash and burn. The level of attractiveness determines the perception of competitiveness in the league. No Golden Ball player is ever gonna sign for Juventus if Serie A has one club in the CL and gives the appearance of a one-club league. Not to mention that the worse we are the less coverage and media Serie A will get, the less likely it will be to get matches on tv and the less people will generally care about it.

I don't understand why so many people here want us to become fucking Bayern Munchen, the only decent team in a crappy league that noone cares about.

Dunno, for me club's love over league's love obviously,
Milan winning and getting bigger is bad for Juventus, so screw them. I understand you too tho, I always cheer for all Italian teams except Milan and Inter, I do cheer for Roma cause hell even if they win a trophy every season for 20 years, we'll still be bigger than them. You know what I mean?
Precisely, it's a tradeoff between rivalry interests and general league attractiveness. I don't really want Italian clubs to win the CL from a rival point of view. But I do want them to represent "us" in a good light because Inter's performance in the CL says A LOT about us, their direct rival. If they suck, we suck, that's the way it will look to people from outside.

Except for Roma, I don't like them, and their nominal progress is group stage but no further. :D

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I'm bored with this because it's come up countless times before and you know what I'm going to tell you. The level of success determines the position in the Uefa rankings. That position determines the number of spots Serie A gets in the CL. It also determines the general influx of money into Serie A. Which determines the competitiveness of Serie A clubs in Europe. Which determines the attractiveness of Italian clubs to both fans, and importantly, players. Next time a Brazilian wonderkid chooses Spain over Italy think about how you wanted Milan to crash and burn. The level of attractiveness determines the perception of competitiveness in the league. No Golden Ball player is ever gonna sign for Juventus if Serie A has one club in the CL and gives the appearance of a one-club league. Not to mention that the worse we are the less coverage and media Serie A will get, the less likely it will be to get matches on tv and the less people will generally care about it.

I don't understand why so many people here want us to become fucking Bayern Munchen, the only decent team in a crappy league that noone cares about.
We can't become Bayern Munich Martin, we can't lead this league alone, simply because there are 3 huge clubs in Italy who always will stay so. Inter, Milan and Juventus will always have the financial power and the huge fans.. I want all Italian teams to get eliminated in CL, just because of the finance, I don't care Serie A's reputation or it's points, I myself think that 4 spots from Italy is not fair, it should get lower, even thou we are fighting this season to make the top 4., but for the good of CL, I want 3 Italian teams. If Italian teams reach the final or not, they will still bring more world class talents and stars, simply because they are strong financially and that's all you need to have these players.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
We can't become Bayern Munich Martin, we can't lead this league alone, simply because there are 3 huge clubs in Italy who always will stay so. Inter, Milan and Juventus will always have the financial power and the huge fans..
Just like Schalke and Dortmund in Germany. But who gives a shit? Noone will ever mention those clubs in the same breath as Juventus or Milan. They may be big clubs, but only locally. At the European scale they don't count.

Inter, Milan and Juventus will always have the financial power and the huge fans..
Where do you think this money is coming from, a magic well? If we continue to drop in the Uefa rankings then the amount of revenue will continue to drop as well. Up to the point where the only real revenue will come from within Italy itself. How the hell are we ever going to compete with Real Madrid if they have 50m revenue from abroad and we have none?

I want all Italian teams to get eliminated in CL, just because of the finance, I don't care Serie A's reputation or it's points, I myself think that 4 spots from Italy is not fair, it should get lower, even thou we are fighting this season to make the top 4., but for the good of CL, I want 3 Italian teams. If Italian teams reach the final or not, they will still bring more world class talents and stars, simply because they are strong financially and that's all you need to have these players.
We are now the #3 league in terms of reputation and popularity. We used to be first. I am not happy with this development. The way to win back Serie A's position is not to fail miserably in the CL year after year.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Just like Schalke and Dortmund in Germany. But who gives a shit? Noone will ever mention those clubs in the same breath as Juventus or Milan. They may be big clubs, but only locally. At the European scale they don't count.

Where do you think this money is coming from, a magic well? If we continue to drop in the Uefa rankings then the amount of revenue will continue to drop as well. Up to the point where the only real revenue will come from within Italy itself. How the hell are we ever going to compete with Real Madrid if they have 50m revenue from abroad and we have none?

We are now the #3 league in terms of reputation and popularity. We used to be first. I am not happy with this development. The way to win back Serie A's position is not to fail miserably in the CL year after year.
Schalke and Dortmund never reached the place where Milan and Inter are, these two Milan clubs and us were always the elites of Europe. The money isn't coming from magic bell, they are coming from Berlusconi's and Moratti's pocket. Are you telling me Inter is Inter today because of their success in Europe? No that's not the truth, Moratti spent almost half Billion on Inter and still spending, this is why they are what they are, and that has nothing to do with Europe. Milan won good money from Europe, but still, that doesn't mean they couldn't find the money if they didn't succeed in Europe, when a man like Berlusconi is in control, they don't worry about these things. We are 3rd league in Europe simply because we deserve it. The likes of Inter and Roma don't bring us home points, they keep getting eliminated, it was only Juve and Milan take this league to the top, that's why I said that 4 spots isn't fair, Inter is always Inter they will always fail to win. Roma, Lazio and Fiorentina and the rest doesn't add much to this competition, they should decrease the number of CL teams also to make it even stronger.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Schalke and Dortmund never reached the place where Milan and Inter are, these two Milan clubs and us were always the elites of Europe. The money isn't coming from magic bell, they are coming from Berlusconi's and Moratti's pocket. Are you telling me Inter is Inter today because of their success in Europe? No that's not the truth, Moratti spent almost half Billion on Inter and still spending, this is why they are what they are, and that has nothing to do with Europe. Milan won good money from Europe, but still, that doesn't mean they couldn't find the money if they didn't succeed in Europe, when a man like Berlusconi is in control, they don't worry about these things.
Past and future are not the same thing. The financial climate has changed over the years. A LOT. Manchester United became the most powerful club financially because of their worldwide outreach. Now Real Madrid holds that position. The rich uncles aren't doing it anymore. The last one to succeed was Abramovich. Milan has spent most of this season and the last in midtable. Where the hell is Berlusconi with his big money to rescue them? He's nowhere to be found, and Milan are learning the realities of budgetary constraints just like we've been doing for 10 years. Even Inter has stopped splashing money. So I ask you: can Inter either or Milan compete with Real Madrid financially or on reputation to sign, say Cristiano Ronaldo? Not a chance in hell. Gone are the times of 1994 with Gullit and Van Basten. Now the most attractive club is Real Madrid.

We are 3rd league in Europe simply because we deserve it. The likes of Inter and Roma don't bring us home points, they keep getting eliminated, it was only Juve and Milan take this league to the top, that's why I said that 4 spots isn't fair, Inter is always Inter they will always fail to win. Roma, Lazio and Fiorentina and the rest doesn't add much to this competition, they should decrease the number of CL teams also to make it even stronger.
And apparently you're completely satisfied with this. I'm not.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
No way man, the overall quality of the Serie A is still much higher. When talking about the tactical and technical level, the level of defending, the football knowlegde of all those involved and even the individual talent and class EPL is still inferiour to Spain and especially Italy.

Inter are in poor form now and have obviously been helped by the refs, but if we take that away for a minute.. Inter in the first 6 months of the season were a machine. They were winning with some very powerful displays and those displays would've seen them top any European league(don't kill me Turk).

Roma and Fiorentina have improved a lot since last season, and I can remember just 2, maybe 3 boring matches played by them.

Our team, despite our shitty play(especially recently) would still be 3rd in the other top leagues and even second in France and Germany.

Then most importantly and what for me still sets Serie A apart from EPL especially: Behind the top teams there's a huge group of teams, who are getting better each season. udinese, sampdoria, palermo, atalanta. These are Serie A's mid class teams.... I defy any of u guys to prove me wrong, when i say these teams are all stronger than their english, spanish, german and french counterparts.

Not to mention genoa and napoli, who just reached serie a.
Shall we compare genoa or napoli to derby or birmingham??
Or maybe o murcia and levante???

Shall we compare the quality of our "end of the table teams" to their english or spanish counterparts????

The only disappointing teams so far this season have been lazio and milan..... and honestly, both of them were expected to underperform since the beginning of the season (or at least i did expect them to underperform).

There's a fantastic balance in the middle of the table, so, even 1 mistake becomes decisive.

Everybosy praises serie a old glories.... but that's just bullshit. Inter is killing the reace for the title, that's true, but there's a fantastic competition just behind inter.

If only the ref's and parties with interest hadn't such an influence on the league.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Past and future are not the same thing. The financial climate has changed over the years. A LOT. Manchester United became the most powerful club financially because of their worldwide outreach. Now Real Madrid holds that position. The rich uncles aren't doing it anymore. The last one to succeed was Abramovich. Milan has spent most of this season and the last in midtable. Where the hell is Berlusconi with his big money to rescue them? He's nowhere to be found, and Milan are learning the realities of budgetary constraints just like we've been doing for 10 years. Even Inter has stopped splashing money. So I ask you: can Inter either or Milan compete with Real Madrid financially or on reputation to sign, say Cristiano Ronaldo? Not a chance in hell. Gone are the times of 1994 with Gullit and Van Basten. Now the most attractive club is Real Madrid.
man don't let me search financial statistics to show you Milan and Inter are in the top 5 of Europe, or 10 at worst. Milan and Inter can compete with everyone, Inter can make at least two starting 11 to compete in CL, they probably have the most complete squad, did you forget this past that Milan won the CL last year?? It's because of that they didn't add much to their squad, because they thought it will be enough, while they were wrong! This all has to do with their tactics and wrong transfer strategy, and nothing to do with finance.

And apparently you're completely satisfied with this. I'm not.
not about satisfaction, it's about the accepting the truth. And secondly because I am not Serie A vs other league supporter, I only support Juventus!

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
No way man, the overall quality of the Serie A is still much higher. When talking about the tactical and technical level, the level of defending, the football knowlegde of all those involved and even the individual talent and class EPL is still inferiour to Spain and especially Italy.

Inter are in poor form now and have obviously been helped by the refs, but if we take that away for a minute.. Inter in the first 6 months of the season were a machine. They were winning with some very powerful displays and those displays would've seen them top any European league(don't kill me Turk).

Roma and Fiorentina have improved a lot since last season, and I can remember just 2, maybe 3 boring matches played by them.

Our team, despite our shitty play(especially recently) would still be 3rd in the other top leagues and even second in France and Germany.

Then most importantly and what for me still sets Serie A apart from EPL especially: Behind the top teams there's a huge group of teams, who are getting better each season. udinese, sampdoria, palermo, atalanta. These are Serie A's mid class teams.... I defy any of u guys to prove me wrong, when i say these teams are all stronger than their english, spanish, german and french counterparts.

Not to mention genoa and napoli, who just reached serie a.
Shall we compare genoa or napoli to derby or birmingham??
Or maybe o murcia and levante???

Shall we compare the quality of our "end of the table teams" to their english or spanish counterparts????

The only disappointing teams so far this season have been lazio and milan..... and honestly, both of them were expected to underperform since the beginning of the season (or at least i did expect them to underperform).

There's a fantastic balance in the middle of the table, so, even 1 mistake becomes decisive.

Everybosy praises serie a old glories.... but that's just bullshit. Inter is killing the reace for the title, that's true, but there's a fantastic competition just behind inter.

If only the ref's and parties with interest hadn't such an influence on the league.
Phew....I didn't expect this long of a reply. I'll get back to you later afternoon when I find some time........

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Since Inter and Milan can compete with everyone and since Moratti and Berlusca are always financing their teams wether they do well in Europe or not, why the majority of members around here are moaning about Milan/Inter/Roma being stronger each team they qualify to the quarter finals or semi's or even finals.

What's the problem then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 120)