[EU] Champions League 2007/2008 (117 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Fantastic draw.I think this is one of the best 2nd round draws the CL has seen in a while.The match that stands out for me has to be the Roma-Madrid one.I seriously think that Roma can down Madrid.Arsenal-Milan is another great draw.Yes,the Arsenal squad has youth on their side,but then again,their is no substitute for experience.Last year i remember people saying that youngsters like Ronaldo and Rooney would own Milan's aging squad,but that didnt really happen.Youth obviously has its advantages,but their is no substitute for experience.Inter-Liverpool is an interesting one.I think Liverpool's honeymoon with the CL could come to an end this time around.Inter,on paper atleast,have a squad that could win the CL.Liverpool have dragged themselves on in the CL for the last few years,without playing anything known as football,and i would sincerley hope that it comes to an end this time around.The only bad thing about this draw is that Man Utd got a comparitivley easy team.I would have loved to see Kaka own their asses yet again.
But it's Inter. And our team is better than the last 3 teams (when Crouch isn't involved).

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I think all the "if rival league clubs make if further" scares are a bit exaggerated. Its more the case that some quality players prefer to play for the portsmouths and man citys just to play in EPL. Younger foreign players prefer england probably because of language as well cause they have learned english.

But here is a good opportunity to bring some youth in (like our case), players who have a long future ahead. The chelseas and manus can spend their money on already has beens like shevas or overpay for players like hargreaves.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
A discussion about Italian clubs in the CL cannot go on without the 'Better for Juventus or Bad for Juventus' argument can it?Now im just counting the seconds like someone gives us a brilliant and ever exciting doze of 'Milan will win it for JUVENTUS!YEAH!' sarcasm.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The funny thing is that 99.9% of those who want an Italian team to win CL and think that it will make wonders for Juve if an Italian team wins the CL, would give their right hand for Inter not to win the CL.

If there is a Milan-Chelsea final most of you will come here again with your arguments how it will be very good for Calcio, for the reputation of serie A and for Juve if Milan wins but you won't say a word of this if the final is Inter-Chelsea.
Actually, then you'll come here saying how it's not good for Juve if Inter wins the CL.

P.S: And yes, Inter are an Italian team so answers like "But Inter aren't Italian" won't do.

The only Italian team i'd like to win CL is Juve. Sorry if i'm being simple-minded and not able to see the benefits of Milan/Inter/Roma winning CL but something is stopping me from cheering for Milan, Inter or Roma.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Yes it Inter,which is why im hoping that Liverpool get knocked out.Liverpool's squad may be better,but wont stop Rafa from tinkering.I dont think even he knows what his best 11 is.
Yeah we'll probably end up with Hobbs playing up top with Sissoko or something.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
The funny thing is that 99.9% of those who want an Italian team to win CL and think that it will make wonders for Juve if an Italian team wins the CL, would give their right hand for Inter not to win the CL.

If there is a Milan-Chelsea final most of you will come here again with your arguments how it will be very good for Calcio, for the reputation of serie A and for Juve if Milan wins but you won't say a word of this if the final is Inter-Chelsea.
Actually, then you'll come here saying how it's not good for Juve if Inter wins the CL.

P.S: And yes, Inter are an Italian team so answers like "But Inter aren't Italian" won't do.

The only Italian team i'd like to win CL is Juve. Sorry if i'm being simple-minded and not able to see the benefits of Milan/Inter/Roma winning CL but something is stopping me from cheering for Milan, Inter or Roma.
i understand what you're saying, but i would want any italian team besides inter to win it if juve's not in the running. but what in really want is inter to go all the way to the final to help with our serie a ambitions, but then lose so they don't tast the glory. an ideal final for me would be roma-inter, 0-0 until the last kck of the game and pizarro scores the winner.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

Actually, the very best thing for us would be for one Italian club to have a permanent spot in the final, because then you get all the attention that goes with that. And the other team in the semi final. And then for the finalist to always lose, because we don't want Milan and Inter to keep winning the CL ahead of us, do we.

Of course, who is the expert of that? We are. :lazy: With our 3 losses in the final we did a lot for upholding the reputation of Serie A without upsetting our rivals by winning the thing. :sigh:

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
heres another thing:
bayern got their big guns thanks to money. ribery was linked with arsenal as well, and bayern wasnt going to play in CL, still they got him and some other quality player.

Here we are in a similar situation, but we dont have that extra money, so even if some might say, a quality player would join us cause he could play with the kakàs and zlatans in the same league, but if we dont have the money to even get those big guns then what are we even talking about. It will take atleast one year in CL before we can really compete in the market.
And only the milans and inters reaching semis doesnt help either. We have to rebuild the league reputation but with guys like Patron Moratti, its not gona be easy. And eventually good players will choose even the citys or portsmouths.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Il Divin Codino ¤
Apr 25, 2007
who said Milan winnin' last season's CL did not help the Serie A? only last week they showed on TV Juventus-Lazio & Inter-Cagliari... the last time a Serie A game was shown on TV here was more than 10 years ago...

and do you know how they described the Serie A? the league of the World Champions (Italy) & best European team (Milan)... but they acknowledged Juventus is the current leaders in terms of titles won...

and for that... Forza Italia... Forza Milan...

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
zZ[-_-]Zz;1523790 said:
who said Milan winnin' last season's CL did not help the Serie A? only last week they showed on TV Juventus-Lazio & Inter-Cagliari... the last time a Serie A game was shown on TV here was more than 10 years ago...
How do you know they've shown the 2 matches only because Milan won CL ?

May 22, 2007
now hold on, but if one of milan/inter would be in our situation, i seriously doubt they would cheer for us to go as far as possible, just for the domestic league competitiveness.

Besides milan has been in the semis 3 years in a row.
I don't think many of us care what Inter or Milan fans think. I want the best for Serie A in general as I like the league very much. I don't want a league full of "stuff it in the face, we are the best" people in the media, in England. Nor do I want a league where the managers are crazy, journalists are stupid, drugs drugs drugs, more drugs and a big kiss from England's media, in Spain. I am an Italian, I want to have my countries league dominant, and if you don't, fair enough. Some Juventus fans feel the same as well. Coefficients will also decline without success, meaning that there will be less spots for us. I know it is unlikely for that to happen, but we need to keep that up as high as we can. Trust me, I despise them teams and all their teachings, but if it came down to who I would support in a final between Milan and and other team not in Italy, it would always be Milan.

currently, i would say yes actually.

lets say 2 italian clubs make it to semis that means a lot of :money:

and then the summer transfer window opens, how are we gona challenge them if on paper the founds will be like this:

juve :money:
inter :money: :money: :money: :money: :money:
milan :money: :money: :money: :money:
Juventus get more money then that, through the Elkann's. We will also get money from being in the Champions League next season, as that looks most likely. Our Serie A finish will also get an income. They might have more money, but we have loads more then that.

Inter-Liverpool is an interesting one.I think Liverpool's honeymoon with the CL could come to an end this time around.Inter,on paper atleast,have a squad that could win the CL.Liverpool have dragged themselves on in the CL for the last few years,without playing anything known as football,and i would sincerley hope that it comes to an end this time around.
Inter look really good so far. I haven't been able to catch much of Liverpool play, but I think that they could put up a real fight with them. I would love to see the match on tv. I think that the draw has made the next set of fixtures the ones to look forward to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 117)