[EU] Champions League 2007/2008 (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
PSV Edge Milan 4-3 On Penalties

A tight game of football between PSV Eindhoven and AC Milan had to be decided on penalties, with the Dutch side just edging their more famous opponents.

Chances were few and far between during the 90 minutes as it finished scoreless.

During the shoot-out that followed, Kaka, Serginho and Pirlo were on target, but Gourcuff and Seedorf were denied.

Ronald Koeman's side this progress to the finals, and will await the winners of the Real Madrid - Lokomotiv Moscow game.

Milan will, meanwhile, play for third place.

This could mean that they fail to play Real Madrid, in what was expected to be the highlight of the competition. Of course, that will change if Madrid are also defeated

Lokomotiv Moscow 2 - 0 Real Madrid its still not HT.Ivanovic scored ;)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Wow Setanta are showing 3 champs league ties in a row

Toulouse vs Liverpool 3 pm

Spartak Moscow vs Celtic 5.15

Spartak Prague vs Arsenal 7.15

I will be doing the matches as usual

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
I wouldn't mind if an Italian non-Inter club won the CL this year either. The Premier League is going to be the nr. 1 league without any competition in 10 years, the NHL of football. I'd like the Serie A to be able to compete as long as possible.

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
:faq2: EPL!
This year, I don't see a winner coming I can live with.
I only Werder gets as far as possible, maybe quarter-finals, maybe more.
But tonight we gotta beat Dinamo Zagreb with 1/3 of our normal starting 11. I have to admit I'm a little afraid and would be glad with a simple 1-0.

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
It's better if milan continue winning CL and make a trophy gap between them and Juve more bigger.
What about Lazio winning it? That would be fine with me, but it's so sad this year, Werder will more likely win it than Lazio. But both are too weak to compete with ManU and the other teams I don't like.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Football can be so freaking unfair at times...

Yesterday, a completelly inferior team, Dinamo Zagreb, totally outplayed a much stronger opponent, Werder Bremen! Yet they lost 2:1 after being one goal up. Truth is Dinamo should have lead at least 2:0 by half time but individual quality of our attackers got the best of us...

Werder had a first goal given to them by us and in the first minute of second half, horrible mistake by Vukojevic and that was something I thought would crush us and we would end up loosing the game 4:1. But the team held their own and fought back, Sammir had a shot at goal and Wiesse had a great save. Čale had a great opportunity as well but inexperience, bah who am I kidding, the unability to play football got the best of him and he wasted another golden oppurtunity.

Then out of nowhere Almeida took a cannon out and ripped the net. 2 chances 2 goals by Werder, 4-5 chances 1 goal by Dinamo. That's what difference in quality is, ability to capitalise on what is given to you.

2 weeks till the return leg and if Dinamo can offer the same performance as yesterday, we are going to be in the CL this year.

P.S. There were a lot of comparisons being made Diego vs. Modric and everyone who has watched the game will tell you, Modric gave a schooling to Diego. Literally.

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
Football can be so freaking unfair at times...

Yesterday, a completelly inferior team, Dinamo Zagreb, totally outplayed a much stronger opponent, Werder Bremen! Yet they lost 2:1 after being one goal up. Truth is Dinamo should have lead at least 2:0 by half time but individual quality of our attackers got the best of us...

Werder had a first goal given to them by us and in the first minute of second half, horrible mistake by Vukojevic and that was something I thought would crush us and we would end up loosing the game 4:1. But the team held their own and fought back, Sammir had a shot at goal and Wiesse had a great save. Čale had a great opportunity as well but inexperience, bah who am I kidding, the unability to play football got the best of him and he wasted another golden oppurtunity.

Then out of nowhere Almeida took a cannon out and ripped the net. 2 chances 2 goals by Werder, 4-5 chances 1 goal by Dinamo. That's what difference in quality is, ability to capitalise on what is given to you.

2 weeks till the return leg and if Dinamo can offer the same performance as yesterday, we are going to be in the CL this year.

P.S. There were a lot of comparisons being made Diego vs. Modric and everyone who has watched the game will tell you, Modric gave a schooling to Diego. Literally.
Vlatko, I have to admit you are right in the point that Dinamo made a better game than Werder. They played better as a team against a Bremen side in which none of the players has made the whole preparation for the new season. A team that has never played in this formation before. And still, they beat Dinamo with their individual class and even managed to do a quite okay 2nd half.

But in two weeks, if no more Werder players get injured and they have the chance to develop some kind of teamplay, Dinamo will have no chance, not even at home.

About Modric: Did he play Copa America? No.
Did he do anything special yesterday? No.

And: The 2nd goal for Werder was scored by Jensen, not Almeida

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Vlatko, I have to admit you are right in the point that Dinamo made a better game than Werder. They played better as a team against a Bremen side in which none of the players has made the whole preparation for the new season. A team that has never played in this formation before. And still, they beat Dinamo with their individual class and even managed to do a quite okay 2nd half.

But in two weeks, if no more Werder players get injured and they have the chance to develop some kind of teamplay, Dinamo will have no chance, not even at home.

About Modric: Did he play Copa America? No.
Did he do anything special yesterday? No.

And: The 2nd goal for Werder was scored by Jensen, not Almeida
I realise Werder had a lot of important players missing, especially in the middle because of Frings and Borowski, of course we can't forget Klose as well. But don't forget Dinamo lost their most important player in Da Silva, a man who scored 50 goals last season and is now playing for Arsenal. Add to that we also lost the most important player in our defense in Corluka, who now plays for Manchester City. So mind you, both teams were looking differently than usual and had a lot of important players missing. Trust me had Da Silva been there instead of that plonker Balaban, you could have easily had 3 goals in the back of your net and that's a fact.

Werder was lucky and from what I read in our newspapers, your media agrees that Werder was totally outplayed. I mean come on, your first goal was a gift from heaven, better yet our own moment of idiocy, and as Der Spiegel said Jensen's shot was a dream goal which goes in once in every 5 years. We had a lot of 100% chances, we had strikes from the outside, from the corners, we outplayed you in every aspect of the game.

Make no mistake, that's a quality of a big club like I said already, to be able to capitalise when most needed. We didn't do that and have no one else to blame but ourselves.

In two weeks if we manage to put in an effort like yesterday, I think we can seriously get into the CL. Problem is I don't think Werder will give us a chance like this anymore, it's obvious we were underestimated by them and they almost payed for that. I don't see this happening again in two weeks.

So what if he didn't play Coppa? Diego only played against Mexico from the first minute and they lost that game 2:0 and Diego got subbed at half-time if I remember correctly. All other games Diego played as a substitue without any real effect, he was one of the biggest disapointements there. Don't make it look like he did anything there, he hardly broke a sweat.

As for Modric, didn't do anything? He almost scored with a great shot outside the box in the first half, Wiesse saved it, he made numerous assists for us and was instrumental in organising the play for us. Not only that but he was everywhere on the pitch, both attack and deffense, one of the best players on the pitch. Please, give credit where it's due.

P.S. Sorry about that, I mixed up Jensen's and Almeida's goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)