Essien on Juve wish list (5 Viewers)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
How is Riquelme a flop? He's enjoying an amazing season with Villareal, he actually has the most assists in La Liga to date.
Actually I didn`t mean he is a flop I ment that he isn`t a good player. Too much selfishness and is surely nowhere near Juve level
There are few players I would never like them to join Juve and those are Ortega Denilson and Riquelme

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Orgut ] ++

Actually I didn`t mean he is a flop I ment that he isn`t a good player. Too much selfishness and is surely nowhere near Juve level
There are few players I would never like them to join Juve and those are Ortega Denilson and Riquelme

Ortega, Denilson and riquelme? the first two are old and totally wiped out players that are not considered serie A material, unthinkable for Juve. Riquelme is neither for calcio. Too slow, to much ball retention...I would prefer an exchange Appiah- Essien that could be much more interesting .......

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #87
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    I would prefer Essien to Riquelme, no doubt. Essien can do it all basically.
    Depends on the system Capello wants to use. If he's looking for someone to partner Emerson in the centre then Essien is that man, but if he wants a playmaker I'd go for Riquelme.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #88
    ++ [ originally posted by Orgut ] ++

IMO Riquelme is a good player. You're entitled to your own opinion so let's just leave it there.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
    So you all know, Essien admitting last night that he'd love to play for Man Utd over all the clubs interested in him, he said he loves Man Utd, that he is a huge fan of Man Utd/Sir Alex/Old Trafford as well, it seems he is going to United not Juve...

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
    Essien's United admiration
    by Adam Marshall - created on 16 Mar 2005

Lyon's Michael Essien has admitted to Sky Sports News that he would love to play for Manchester United.

The Lyon powerhouse has been attracting admiring glances from most of Europe's top clubs and helped the French champions storm into the quarter finals of the UEFA Champions League when thrashing Werder Bremen over two legs.

Essien, who had a trial with United as a youngster, is being forwarded as a possible long-term replacement for Red Devils skipper Roy Keane.

"I know that [the press reports regarding interest from Premiership clubs], " he told Sky Sports News.

"But, for me, I don't think about that because I have left everything for my manager [agent].

"So I don't think about it and just concentrate on my football.
    "I like Manchester. I know most of their players and like them, and would like to play one day in the Premier League.

"I'll be happy to play for Manchester but, at the moment, I'm in Lyon and I have to concentrate on that.

"I like Old Trafford because it's one of the nicest stadiums in Europe and, foremost, I like the coach [Sir Alex Ferguson] very well."

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++
    Wave bye bye for the aged captin Nicole...
    I will, it'll soon be time for him to retire, doesnt stop him being the one the greatest captains of all time...

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
    Actually that is the opposition of what we need...Scholes, Ronaldo, Giggs...Keane & Rooney (to an extent, although it isnt there primary role...)...

I'm not *****ing about what happened in the past, but I think had we of had Rio at the start of the season, and Ruud hadnt of gotten injured for nearly 4 months, then we'd be right up there with Chelsea, no doubt in my mind...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I'm not trying to start an argument here Nic, and I know you're just speculating, but that's not really an excuse. One of the measures of a team is the depth of their squad, not just the quality of their starting lineup. As a Juve fan, I know what that's like :down:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)