Essien on Juve wish list (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++

I saw the highlights of the first leg with Bremen. Essien was playing as a central defender. I thought he was a defensive midfielder.
Essien can play as both a defender and defensive midfielder. He is absolute class and I hope we swap Appiah for him.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #43
    ++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++

Is a joke or what ? Kompany, barzagli, in a 3-CD scheme ?how many goal do you want us to take ???
    Cannavaro is world-class while Kompany and Barzagli are two of the most promising young defenders in Europe. Maicon and Zambrotta are good two way players and would certainly help out the defence with Emerson and Essien offering cover infront of the backline. My formation is far from defensively insecure imo and if you actually took time to read my post you would have realised that I said "I wouldn't mind something like this in a couple of years" by which time Kompany, Barzagli and Essien would be more experienced as well as improved. Saying that a team containing Buffon, Kompany, Barzagli, Cannavaro, Maicon, Zambrotta, Emerson and Essien would ship a lot of goals is rather inane IMO.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    I heard a big club offered like 15m € for him and it's not Juve.

Van Bommel is free, let's get him instead. He's got a EU passport.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    Van Bommel has great shots and is free so why not? Stuart, ur formation is GREAT!

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Essien can play as both a defender and defensive midfielder. He is absolute class and I hope we swap Appiah for him.
    Teams like Lyon wouldn't go for swap deals. All that they'd want would be as much money as they could get.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #47
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

That's one of the many beauties of Essien. He's currently one of the best defensive midfielders in Europe and can comfortably revert to centre back. If we're going to play two DMs again next season, whether it be in a 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 3-4-3 or whatever, I hope we get Essien.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
    I heard a big club offered like 15m € for him and it's not Juve.

Van Bommel is free, let's get him instead. He's got a EU passport.

I am almost positive that Chelsea are after Essien.

Not sure if Van Bommel would excel in Serie A, though, as he lacks pace and his touch is not all that good.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    Serie A is not known as a fast pace league so I think he could adapt to it but I'm not in postion to talk because I've only seen him a couple of times.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #51
    ++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
    Van Bommel has great shots and is free so why not? Stuart, ur formation is GREAT!
    I'm not that keen on Van Bommel. My formation isn't going to happen though, we're not going to sign Barzagli, Kompany, Maicon, Essien and Riquelme in the coming seasons, not with the competition we would face for a number of those players. Clubs are already queueing up for Barzagli, Kompany and Essien.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    This would be more of a team Moggi would build:

Buffon
    Kuffour-Thuram-Cannavaro-Chiellini
    Taddei-Van Bommel-Emerson-Zambrotta
    Nonda-Mutu.

sell Nedved, Trezeguet and Camo.

just kidding ;)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
    Serie A is not known as a fast pace league so I think he could adapt to it but I'm not in postion to talk because I've only seen him a couple of times.
    I know Serie A is not the fastest league but van Bommel is one of the slowest players I have ever seen. He does have a better touch than Blasi though, so I would not object to making a move for him.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    For tHe werder game, Essien operates as a central midfielder and he scored 2 goals. I am happy that he can operate as both central midfielder + central defender, I really hope we can get him. This way we can dispose Appiah.

I chcked his stats, and he seems to be a rather dirty player, collecting 8 yellows and 1 red in this season. But nvm as long as we train him and let him play more, he will mature.

Dec 26, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
    For tHe werder game, Essien operates as a central midfielder and he scored 2 goals. I am happy that he can operate as both central midfielder + central defender, I really hope we can get him. This way we can dispose Appiah.

I chcked his stats, and he seems to be a rather dirty player, collecting 8 yellows and 1 red in this season. But nvm as long as we train him and let him play more, he will mature.
    Or....
    We will have another Appiah...

Dec 26, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by djleli ] ++
    or a better solution would be to bring in van der meyde. I like this guy :D
    He has a better tallent than Camo, but we cann't deny that Camo is having a great season....
    I saw the line up of the game and Essen was on the right flank is it his natural position???

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    Buffon
    Miguel/Zambrotta Kompany Cannavaro Zambrotta/Evre
    Emerson Van Bommel Blasi
    Riquelme
    Ibrahimovic Mutu

if not...

OKAY I'm done DDP:ING for the day. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)