Então poderiamos falar português (3 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
How different from Spanish is Portuguese actually?
Depends. Portugal's Portuguese might sound a bit alike, they're neighboring countries after all. But when it comes to BR Portuguese, it's completely different. Some people might tell you they're similar but someone with a good ear will tell they're nothing alike.

To put it simply, usually most Brazilians will understand and speak a bit of Spanish. Our neighboring countries can't neither speak or understand us.

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #24
    Depends. Portugal's Portuguese might sound a bit alike, they're neighboring countries after all. But when it comes to BR Portuguese, it's completely different. Some people might tell you they're similar but someone with a good ear will tell they're nothing alike.

To put it simply, usually most Brazilians will understand and speak a bit of Spanish. Our neighboring countries can't neither speak or understand us.
    I noticed Spanish people come to Portugal and don't give a feck, they just go with Spanish the arrogant bastards. :p Portuguese waiters take it in stride.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
    Jan 16, 2013
    I noticed Spanish people come to Portugal and don't give a feck, they just go with Spanish the arrogant bastards. :p Portuguese waiters take it in stride.
    I guess it's a "hispanic" thing cause this has been passed on the the colonies as well.

They travel to other places and don't even bother to speak anything but Spanish. You've no idea how much of that shit i had to put up with in a tourisitic place like Orlando, i came to hate the language. I still do. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Like Miami for instance. I love it, the city i mean. Apart from heavy traffic, violence and some other shit (Just the norm in a big city) It's one of the best places in the world.

You have everything there, such diversity. But then forget English, it's a dead language there. Some stores will even have a sign posted outside saying stuff like "We also speak English" :lol:

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #26
    I guess it's a "hispanic" thing cause this has been passed on the the colonies as well.

They travel to other places and don't even bother to speak anything but Spanish. You've no idea how much of that $#@! i had to put up with in a tourisitic place like Orlando, i came to hate the language. I still do. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Like Miami for instance. I love it, the city i mean. Apart from heavy traffic, violence and some other $#@! (Just the norm in a big city) It's one of the best places in the world.

You have everything there, such diversity. But then forget English, it's a dead language there. Some stores will even have a sign posted outside saying stuff like "We also speak English" :lol:
    That's awesome. :D

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Tópico interessante, Martin.

Eu devo mencionar que minha esposa nativamente fala um dialeto Português dos Açores. Essencialmente soa como Português era falado no ano de 1400.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #36
    Tópico interessante, Martin.

Eu devo mencionar que minha esposa nativamente fala um dialeto Português dos Açores. Essencialmente soa como Português era falado no ano de 1400.
    Já sabemos que você é um homem clássico. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)